Resigning 2022 - Madact out! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madact

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Contributor
After a very long journey with panda (8 years around, on and off!) I’ve reached a point in my life were I need to move on and focus on real life 100%.

Right now is a prime time for me to leave panda as help about tackling reports, appeals and suggestions has improved much better towards a group effort from both staff and regulars. I’m very proud what panda has become at this stage and I only wish the best in it’s future

I plan to go cold turkey after my goodbyes so you all probably won’t see me again unless I pop up randomly in the future. I will still be available to communicate with by particular staff if there are any questions of what to do or demo requests.

I also know that those I told in advance didn’t want me to leave but I have been planning this for so long I just never had the courage to do it. I’ve removed my instances from threads to save you guys the trouble. And well yeah… I believe you guys can do this without me. I hope the tutorials / information threads I made will help future generations of admins.

There have been many great memories here and I will end up going around to most of you messaging you privately, or within a group, any final goodbyes I wish to give.

I will save a personal thank you in this thread to @Kevin . Kevin has been the most understanding about my situation when I joined and has stuck by my side to deal with the issues that followed me from the past. Without that I don’t think I’d still be here as I never wanted to case trouble to panda. Giving me two chances to return to administrating panda when it needed my help and giving me the opportunity to help manage applications / promotions / demotions. I hope we keep in contact in the future now and then, wherever life takes us.

Also shoutout to my bestie @ZeroPC . Fucking fantastic guy has been through thick and thin with me. I will be in contact with you forever and plan to see you in real life when life permits. Heck yeah I placed you here cause maybe we are secretly internet e dating :eek::oops::azbaby:

Also, I wanted to thank those that didn’t discriminate about my gender and age. Of all the places I’ve played panda has been the most indifferent, if not a little jokey, about it and honestly, it’s been the best. Cannot thank those enough for including me in games, both tf2 or not, as they have been very fond memories. You know who you are but I’ll hint at those mumble / discord servers 😉

And that’s it. For those I don’t contact privately thank you for everything. I hope you continue to enjoy playing on panda community and whatever the future may hold for you, I wish you nothing but the best regardless if on good terms or not.

Panda Out

D: we will miss you Madact!!! have a good time away from panda (though don't forget about us) :twc:

• Friendly
Reactions: Madact
Ah, I was looking forward to you mentoring me got 2fort, Still It was nice while it lasted(hours), I still remember you commenting on my application and I appreciated that quite greatly, Throughout my interactions with you it has been always positive, Yeah you've been here for so long and I've only experienced the last of it, Still I'm gonna miss ya Grandma Madact. Cheers

• Friendly
Hey,
I get it. At some point we will all have to go and that’s ok. Good luck, your dedication and long service to panda will not be forgotten. As long as it is still running your service to the community of TF2 will be remembered, to think that I was 7 when you were first applying for admin is insane. Also Deep rock galactic is fun we should play sometime. Thank you for being the friendly, kind, helpful human being that you are. You will be missed.

Peace ✌️,
Ian

• Friendly
We'll all miss you, and me specially as you have been one of my mentors on 2Fort even if we had a rocky start to the time we've known each other.

Hope to still see you around! Don't get kidnapped!

• Friendly
you did it for everyone Ill do it for for you

Why am I crying unresign pls don't leave

but good bye
:(

• Winner
Madact...
Its sad to see you go. You really helped dealing those appeals and have so much on the forums. I guess you will only be contributor. Thank you for the things you have done! Also when will we play L4D2? As a farewell message, take this terrible mspaint meme I created in under the speedrun category any%.

uncanny.png

I'm a mistake

• Creative
  • Wow
Reactions: Zee and Madact
Quickly give me admin before you leave please thanks 🙂

Jokes aside, it's sad to see you go. Thank you for all the memories from jailbreak and more. You're one of the people who I more than enjoyed playing with.
Best wishes and good luck with everything onwards!

Sad to see you go indeed even tho i made some mistakes along the way you still let me prove i was capable of getting past those issues and become better at being an admin had to bug you alot for ban/comms stuff but it wasnt all that bad we had a good laugh X)
Should you want to talk you know where to find my hideout
Good luck in your next endeavours 🍻

• Friendly
I will never forget the good old times on panda with you and all the other regulars back than like PNN and such.
I wish you best of luck and health for your future life.

The Community will miss you, but most importantly.... we will always remember you. :sadge: 💕💕

• In Love
Reactions: Madact and Ian
Gary, now I know I was wrong
I messed up, and now you're gone
Gary, I'm sorry I neglected you
Oh, I never expected you to run away and leave me
Feeling this empty
Your meow right now would sound like music to me
Please come home, 'cause I miss you, Gary
Gary, come home
(Gary, come home)
Gary, can't you see I was blind?
I'll do anything to change your mind
More than a pet, you're my best friend
Too cool to forget
Come back 'cause we are family
And forgive me for making you wanna roam
And now my heart is beating like the saddest metronome
Somewhere I hope you're reading
My latest three-word poem
Gary, come home
Gary, come home
(Gary, come home)
Gary, come home
(Gary, come home)
Gary, come home
(Gary, come home), ah
Gary, come home
Gary, come home
Gary, won't you come home?

Really sad to see you go Madact. You were the one that influenced my decision to apply to be a NY (now US) trade server back when HLStat wasn’t on there and I had to resort to screenshot reports. Also helping me out when I didn’t even know what I was doing and through my hiccups you were a positive influence. I wish you well in your future endeavors, rest well. 🖖

(Hope we can MVM once in awhile, I’ll buy)

• Winner
Reactions: Madact and Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread