Completed Remove random crits from 2fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah sorry I forgot the Panda 2fort server was now competitively based and not a community server anyone at any skill level joins. Also as I said, people have suggested to remove crits on JB, I suggest you read them. Good luck on the suggestion tho!!
I am not saying it's not a community server, I am just saying that if it was fundamental, as you claim, it would be, oh I don't know, a part of every official gamemode? I have seen the suggestions to remove the crits on JB:) I think I was active in a lot of them, maybe even made one? Doesn't change the fact that it's literally not necessary:)

Reactions: Zinney
I am not saying it's not a community server, I am just saying that if it was fundamental, as you claim, it would be, oh I don't know, a part of every official gamemode?
My point is that 2fort isn’t a competitively viable map, so it doesn’t make sense to try and make it that way.
I have seen the suggestions to remove the crits on JB:) I think I was active in a lot of them, maybe even made one? Doesn't change the fact that it's literally not necessary:)
It’s really all up to what everyone agrees on, but to most it really is, especially when all of those suggestions thus far have failed horribly.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, whatever you believe is respectable, as long as everyone else who votes is respected (unlike some people who fail at realizing that). What the people here want is what they want, there’s not much to change that, I’m just here to give my view as you have given yours.

I have played jailbreak for over a thousands hours where we had no crits, and it worked perfectly fine, so I dont really see the whole "balanced" thing. Anyways, The fact that we, the players who play on the server, who fills it up every day and spend hours there, does not like a, frankly, poor mechanic which is in no way fundamental mechanic (If it was, surely it would be included in competitive mode?) is a valid reason for removing it.
say that to a red team full of demoknights and medics, guards get absolutely fucked

Everything would be better without crits. Heavy, soldier, demo and pyro becomes stupid with crits, and i say this as both a demo and a pyro main. The crit abusing melee only players will just have to use actual skill to run around instead. Also it would make the skullcutter a bit less broken.

So bye bye crits please.

Everything would be better without crits. Heavy, soldier, demo and pyro becomes stupid with crits, and i say this as both a demo and a pyro main. The crit abusing melee only players will just have to use actual skill to run around instead. Also it would make the skullcutter a bit less broken.

So bye bye crits please.
Wait how are we ever going to kill Pagssels or Niezkaros now?

• Funny
Random crits are funny.

Case Closed

Just kidding they are bullshit as long as the plugin that removes them doesn't cause lag I am down.

if crits are that bad (which i dont think they are) and it isnt a definite answer, you could try implementing what loli police said on the last one

"The system of random crits was changed recently which stops the allowed crit rate at 12% meaning that if you do 850 damage in 20 seconds you can have a 12% chance of dealing random crits. This helps with hitscan weapons rather than projectile. Projectile weapons with random crits are wildly overpowered and if there is a way to change it I would suggest a table like this:

Scout:
Random criticals are relaced with random mini crits.

Soldier:
Random criticals are removed from all rocket launchers but kept on shotgun

Pyro:
Random criticals are removed from all flamethrowers but kept on shotguns and flares.

Demoman:
Random criticals are replaced with random mini crits for grenade launcher. Random crits are removed from all sticky launchers

Heavy:
Remove random crits from minigun but kept on shotguns

Engineer:
Keep random crits on shotguns but remove on melee.

Medic:
Random crits are replaced with random mini crits for syringe guns and melee

Sniper:
Reduce sniper rifle weapon damage on a quick scope to force a sniper to actually charge the shot"

Ah sorry I forgot the Panda 2fort server was now competitively based and not a community server anyone at any skill level joins. Also as I said, people have suggested to remove crits on JB, I suggest you read them. Good luck on the suggestion tho!!
I agree, completely dumb suggestion but understandable, i got crit hitten 5 times in a row from a Direct Hit gj tf2

Cant tell if it should be removed cuz Random Crits are a part of the Game.

• Agree
Reactions: Spam Goose
if crits are that bad (which i dont think they are) and it isnt a definite answer, you could try implementing what loli police said on the last one

"The system of random crits was changed recently which stops the allowed crit rate at 12% meaning that if you do 850 damage in 20 seconds you can have a 12% chance of dealing random crits. This helps with hitscan weapons rather than projectile. Projectile weapons with random crits are wildly overpowered and if there is a way to change it I would suggest a table like this:

Scout:

Soldier:

Pyro:
Random criticals are removed from all flamethrowers but kept on shotguns and flares.

Demoman:
Random criticals are replaced with random mini crits for grenade launcher. Random crits are removed from all sticky launchers

Heavy:

Engineer:

Medic:

Sniper:
Reduce sniper rifle weapon damage on a quick scope to force a sniper to actually charge the shot"
I guess 2Fort is now a custom Gamemode eh?

Personally i think that the removal of random crits from the server is a bad idea.
Sure random crits are stupid and every now and then you lose a killstreak to one and that can be frustrating, but, they also serve as a way for people to mess around with silly strats like running around with a fish and beating people to death or charging directly at a heavy-medic combo with a bottle.

The removal of random crits would only benefit the tryhards of the server and would serve as more of a detergent to newer players than anything else.
It would remove the aura of silliness that the server has and instead replace it with a more serious one.

and last of all: it's a 2fort server not a competitive lobby

Certainly a shift in change of opinion over random crits from back then.

These effects I'm assuming will also take effect on US 2FORT and SG 2FORT or we just aiming for EU 2FORT?

These effects I'm assuming will also take effect on US 2FORT and SG 2FORT or we just aiming for EU 2FORT?
This change is only ment for the EU 2fort.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact

Scout:

Soldier:

Pyro:

Demoman:

Heavy:

Engineer:

Medic:

Sniper:
Honestly. I don't understand why you care so much. I get it you like random crits but still, this is a vote about the EU 2fort. Not Jail Break. I play on 2fort everyday and i have never seen you on it once. Even if crits do get removed, It wont affect you at all. We dont want to have them removed from all servers, just one silly 2fort server.

Honestly. I don't understand why you care so much. I get it you like random crits but still, this is a vote about the EU 2fort. Not Jail Break. I play on 2fort everyday and i have never seen you on it once. Even if crits do get removed, It wont affect you at all. We dont want to have them removed from all servers, just one silly 2fort server.
Never said it was for jailbreak, but ok. was just showing a suggestion from the last post about removing crits

Fair

Just because a bunch of regulars don’t like something, does not mean that you can take away a fundamental mechanic of the game, that’s why I said just go to another one. The server is fine right now, I just don’t see a reason to remove that.

It’s not really valid at all, it’s been something people have tried to do but it just doesn’t work, crits give guards The whole role of you know.. guards. Without them, the game isn’t balanced. And there are tons of ways to rebel, the fact that they do more damage doesn’t matter unless you’re an idiot who tries to fight them with a melee. This goes back to this suggestion, because your own personal experience with this mechanic does not equate to everyone elses. Just as the ability to not get caught by guards on JB helps you, the ability to not get hit by a random crit rocket, pipe, etc does. It’s just part of the game man.
calling random crits a fundamental mechanic lmao
this is literally a crutch for noobs imo.
not even mentioning that only one of the whole tf2 staff at the moment wanted this in and somehow they made it into the game.
If anything this is a bad mistake, not a "fundamental mechanic"

Never said it was for jailbreak, but ok. was just showing a suggestion from the last post about removing crits
You sudggesting things is fine but i dont understand why you're voting aswell, since this is still a vote about a server that. i dont think you play on. And not just you, i really dont understand why anyone who doesn't play on 2fort is voting for or against a change that will affect only the people that play on 2fort.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny

Just EU 2fort. The definite majority of players voting are from the EU 2fort, and seems like the other 2fort servers enjoys "fundamental game mechanics" in their 32 player literally instant respawn 2fort servers with 10 flag captures

• Informative
Reactions: Zinney and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread