Completed Remove random crits from 2fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecomti

Hello dear panda community. I have a fabulous suggestion that will boost the enjoyment of our lovely 2fort server to new heights!
Remove random crits from 2fort. It's not fun to play against and just frustrating to die to.
We removed it once, we can do it again!

As was said by @Spacedude997 last time we tried to change this AMAZING feature:

What are the pros of having them exactly?
It feels good to instantly kill a group of players undeservedly

The cons?
-It's unfair and completely invalidates skill and player knowledge of the game
-Reinforces bad and simply dumb habits (like every time a sniper or medic pulls out their melee when they are about to die, merely relying on a random crit to save them)
-The game is already chaotic with an already cramped and poorly designed map, random crits do not add to that and take away from the overall enjoyment of other players.
-They a completely outdated and meaningless mechanic, the game has evolved over the past decade.
-Crits do not add anything whatsoever, getting one hit by a sniper as a scout isn't charming.
-Because of how they work (as your damage ramps up so do your chances of getting a crit) they punish new players and aid that unusual wearing australium BlackBox soldier walking all over them.
(From https://www.panda-community.com/threads/remove-random-crits-random-bullet-spread-from-2fort.20685/ )

I gotta say, I agree with everything he says.

Good suggestion random crits are sometimes really bullshit, imagine missing all your shots then just hit a random crit, bad.
Bad suggestion as a pyro main, I like melting poor heavies who weren't expecting a 1shot from a pyro >.<.
So imo they can stay on the server hhhhh

• Funny
  • Indifferent
Reactions: Zinney and Vecomti
If crits are removed what am i supposed to blame when i die all the time? ;-;

jk, CRITS BEGONE

• Funny
Reactions: Zinney
if crits are removed how am I going to get gib kills with my apoco fists? :^) (but in all seriousness, I think crits are fine in most aspects, as well I agree with what yelowchy said in that older post)

So they were removed once? :0 I wonder why it got changed then again

-Dont Remove random crits from 2fort that's the only thing that makes the game fun for example:

*While running desperately From 4 people giving them a crit rocket and killing them all. theres nothing more satisfying than this.

-What about the 4 people chasing you: are they gonna rq or start a vote to remove the crit ?

*I dunno you cant chance the nature its built this way so dont remove or add someting on 2fort. chancing the tf2 desing like ruing the nature and future

- What about Rocket? had to be critical:

*Its random dude :D you cant chance your rocket critical magicly in the combat its all about luck and your critbucket percentage.

-RANDOM CRITS FAIR AND BALANCE! dont remove it
thank you.

imagine being heavy with "99%" crit chance on fists/apoco fists/objector/frying pan. enough said.

Imagine 95% people saying yes and then because 5% was missing, the thread would be declined.

Of course I agree to remove the crits, they were also removed at the two hightowers servers.

It keeps the gameplay balanced and fair, aswell as more skillful

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Zinney and Aces
I myself think that it will be good,removing them,since the randomnes of them often makes the gameplay very frusttrating,especially if you have 100% uber and lose it due to a random crit.

It may feel good getting them,but people only complain when they get critted themself

• Agree
Why not just go to a server that doesn’t have them instead of complaining about something that has been in the game since it’s been out and will not change no matter how much people cry about 1 out of your 20 rockets doing 3x damage. Literally this is on the same level as “remove Guard Crits” for Jailbreak.

One of the problems is how they function,people getting random crits will do more dmg,which increases the chance again,which makes it often hard to avoid
1612298504062.jpeg

Why not just go to a server that doesn’t have them instead of complaining about something that has been in the game since it’s been out and will not change no matter how much people cry about 1 out of your 20 rockets doing 3x damage. Literally this is on the same level as “remove Guard Crits” for Jailbreak.
2fort has a lot of skilled players who only plays on that map. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/4 of less of their deaths are from random crits in situations where they definitely wouldve survived.

The fact is that a majority of us regulars doesnt like crits, and we do like the server and the people who plays there. Therefore we're trying to make it into a server that doesn't have them.

And trying to change Panda's jailbreak crits is a valid thing. How can anyone ever rebel when you just die from 1 bullet? Takes away half of the gameplay of the prisoners, but I digress.

• Agree
Fair
2fort has a lot of skilled players who only plays on that map. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/4 of less of their deaths are from random crits in situations where they definitely wouldve survived.
The fact is that a majority of us regulars doesnt like crits, and we do like the server and the people who plays there. Therefore we're trying to make it into a server that doesn't have them.
Just because a bunch of regulars don’t like something, does not mean that you can take away a fundamental mechanic of the game, that’s why I said just go to another one. The server is fine right now, I just don’t see a reason to remove that.

And trying to change Panda's jailbreak crits is a valid thing. How can anyone ever rebel when you just die from 1 bullet? Takes away half of the gameplay of the prisoners, but I digress.
It’s not really valid at all, it’s been something people have tried to do but it just doesn’t work, crits give guards The whole role of you know.. guards. Without them, the game isn’t balanced. And there are tons of ways to rebel, the fact that they do more damage doesn’t matter unless you’re an idiot who tries to fight them with a melee. This goes back to this suggestion, because your own personal experience with this mechanic does not equate to everyone elses. Just as the ability to not get caught by guards on JB helps you, the ability to not get hit by a random crit rocket, pipe, etc does. It’s just part of the game man.

• Dumb
Reactions: Solo
Fair

Just because a bunch of regulars don’t like something, does not mean that you can take away a fundamental mechanic of the game, that’s why I said just go to another one. The server is fine right now, I just don’t see a reason to remove that.

It’s not really valid at all, it’s been something people have tried to do but it just doesn’t work, crits give guards The whole role of you know.. guards. Without them, the game isn’t balanced. And there are tons of ways to rebel, the fact that they do more damage doesn’t matter unless you’re an idiot who tries to fight them with a melee. This goes back to this suggestion, because your own personal experience with this mechanic does not equate to everyone elses. Just as the ability to not get caught by guards on JB helps you, the ability to not get hit by a random crit rocket, pipe, etc does. It’s just part of the game man.
I have played jailbreak for over a thousands hours where we had no crits, and it worked perfectly fine, so I dont really see the whole "balanced" thing. Anyways, The fact that we, the players who play on the server, who fills it up every day and spend hours there, does not like a, frankly, poor mechanic which is in no way fundamental mechanic (If it was, surely it would be included in competitive mode?) is a valid reason for removing it.

I have played jailbreak for over a thousands hours where we had no crits, and it worked perfectly fine, so I dont really see the whole "balanced" thing. Anyways, The fact that we, the players who play on the server, who fills it up every day and spend hours there, does not like a, frankly, poor mechanic which is in no way fundamental mechanic (If it was, surely it would be included in competitive mode?) is a valid reason for removing it.
Ah sorry I forgot the Panda 2fort server was now competitively based and not a community server anyone at any skill level joins. Also as I said, people have suggested to remove crits on JB, I suggest you read them. Good luck on the suggestion tho!!

• Funny
  • Dumb
Reactions: Solo and Zinney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread