Declined [JB] Prisoners shouldn't be kos for accidentally hitting forcebaiting guards (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xergon

While playing JB, I like to swing my weapon while going to the next area, for fun and mainly out of boredom. If a blue runs in front of me, I don't think it should be fair for me (or someone else) to be kos because someone happened to be in front of you while mid-swing. And with the range of some weapons (like the whip) you can end up hitting a blue behind you.

what are your thoughts though.

Like it would be nice if this was implemented but like semi said on the other post It's gonna be hard to figure out if they're actually kos. And it will start a lot of arguments between guards and reds if you actually forcebaited. But that's just my take

Reactions: scootyman
Honestly I just don't want to deal with the chaos and sleuthing this will create. It's already a royal pain with people complaining about getting freekilled as it is, I don't want to see the arguments about someone getting freekilled because they accidentally hit a idiot blue running too close. This isn't even mentioning the pain of trying to determine if someone hit a baiter accidentally or "accidentally". Perhaps this is just me being selfish, but this seems like a needlessly complex addition to one of the few rules on Panda JB that ISN'T complex (hit a blue you're KOS). Admins already have a lot to look for and pay attention too and this is will get lost in the shuffle and create conflict.

Great suggestion but honestly lies in execution.
Similar to what I said in the "Allow reds to hit baiter" suggestion I specifically said that it would cause confusion whether or not that person is kos. Honestly I can't think of any possible way to figure out how to execute this. If you somehow think of a way to bring this to light then I will keep my vote to no. However if we can't think of anyway to execute this then we will have to leave things is.

I mean if i see a blue fall into knife pit onto everyone, how can i resist beating him to a pulp? :spy1:

Honestly I just don't want to deal with the chaos and sleuthing this will create. It's already a royal pain with people complaining about getting freekilled as it is, I don't want to see the arguments about someone getting freekilled because they accidentally hit a idiot blue running too close. This isn't even mentioning the pain of trying to determine if someone hit a baiter accidentally or "accidentally". Perhaps this is just me being selfish, but this seems like a needlessly complex addition to one of the few rules on Panda JB that ISN'T complex (hit a blue you're KOS). Admins already have a lot to look for and pay attention too and this is will get lost in the shuffle and create conflict.
It would be simplier if we could just hit blues who forcebait without being kos, but since that doesn't seem to go anywhere, this is an alternate solution

Maybe put it up to the warden? or put it to a vote on blue team if the warden is unsure?

Maybe put it up to the warden? or put it to a vote on blue team if the warden is unsure?
The easiest way to do this is to change the rules so that the warden can pardon reds with a rebeller status if they don't have ammo, which currently isn't allowed. That way the warden can choose to pardon reds that become rebellers just by hitting baiters either accidentally or intentionally. I'm not even sure that BLUs baiting is a problem that needs to be solved, but if people think it is, this is the way to do it.

The easiest way to do this is to change the rules so that the warden can pardon reds with a rebeller status if they don't have ammo, which currently isn't allowed. That way the warden can choose to pardon reds that become rebellers just by hitting baiters either accidentally or intentionally. I'm not even sure that BLUs baiting is a problem that needs to be solved, but if people think it is, this is the way to do it.
favoritism galore

no that's fucking stupid
While playing JB, I like to swing my weapon while going to the next area, for fun and mainly out of boredom. If a blue runs in front of me, I don't think it should be fair for me (or someone else) to be kos because someone happened to be in front of you while mid-swing. And with the range of some weapons (like the whip) you can end up hitting a blue behind you.

what are your thoughts though.
imagine not reading that the suggestion was for preventing favoritism. also wanting a rule because you apparently cannot click a button for 5 seconds is pretty stupid

The poll seems very opinionated. I have redone it and made it into a proper suggestion.

Like Mark said, If this was to be accepted we would have no way how to go about this. It will be a nice suggestion to have but at the same time it would be causing arguments about whether or not they were force-kos or not. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that but that's just my take. In the event, this does get accepted the rules will have to be completely revamped. It may take a couple of days for it to be officially added to our rules

The poll seems very opinionated. I have redone it and made it into a proper suggestion.

Like Mark said, If this was to be accepted we would have no way how to go about this. It will be a nice suggestion to have but at the same time it would be causing arguments about whether or not they were force-kos or not. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that but that's just my take. In the event, this does get accepted the rules will have to be completely revamped. It may take a couple of days for it to be officially added to our rules
I don't think this is fair. I didn't make it so you can change your vote. So all the people who voted "no, red's shouldn't be kos" on the original poll and now technically labelled as "no red's should be kos". This means I'll have to make an entirely new poll to get a fair result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread