Completed [FF2/VSH] Engineer Pads (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experiences and observations, Teleporters in FF2 almost doesn't serve any purpose other than telefragging and helping 1-2 person escape from a nest. But these things mostly work only with a turtling playing style. But turtling is hard to do/not possible in some maps like vsh_military_area_b1. for situations like those, Gentleman present you all with;

ENGİ PADS
This video summarizes what are engi pads:

In case you don't want to watch that video here is my representation;

Boost Pad

boost.png

Boost pads can be accessed via rotation number 0 and 2
Takes 25 metal

Boost pad in action

Jump Pad

jump.png

Jump pads can be accessed via rotation number 1 and 3
Takes 25 metal

Jump pad in action

Combination of both

Changing one to other one

Just pick it up and rotate it to your desired pad then put it back

My Opinion (in case you want to know)
I think Engi Pads should be in FF2 because it increases Engineers mobility and helps team a lot

Reactions: Waxel
Last video is wrong one, sorry for that here is right one;

@yiitbrak Could you send the download for the plugin please so I can review it?

This seems like a really great idea, it gives people more ways to play FF2/VSH, I'm definitely considering this.

Personally I like it, it add another way to play engi.

After looking at the cvars, the boost speed is a little too fast at 520 hammer units which makes any class move at full charge baby face speed. If we can dumb that down to 475 or even 450 I think it should be a little more fair. The boost has a cooldown of 3 seconds so its either we turn down the speed or up the recharge on the boost

This would be neat on VSH, can't see complaints for having more options as engineer. But Loli Police raises a good point, speed ought to be lowered.

Yea, it would be pretty overpowered for already fast classes. My thought with this was making engineer gameplay more fun on lot more maps that doesnt allow turtlng.

Changes for the code:
* Pad size - Was 0.7 now 1.0
* Boost duration - Was 2.0 now 5.0
* Boost speed - was 520 now 450
* Boost cooldown - was 3.0 now 6.0

Attachments

• engipadsedited.sp
    41.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Love
Reactions: yiitbrak and Madact
have been added for ff2 - if wanted they can be added to vsh aswell - leaving the thread on hold

• Surprised
Reactions: Madact and Jiji
Personally I'm all up for this getting added to VSH as well :) Dunno about others

My honest opinion, adding Engi Pads to the current VSH state will be a shit show.
Not recommended.

My honest opinion, adding Engi Pads to the current VSH state will be a shit show.
Not recommended.
Engi pads don't make much of a difference for bosses on FF2, I doubt they would on VSH also. It would be a neat addition for engineers, if it turns out to be too op it can always be nerfed or removed.

But well, the final decision is not up to me.

expect me to pop up on FF2 when its fully implemented, but im also not a big fan of it on VSH...

Reactions: iamhuman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread