Panda-official cp_orange_x3? (1 Viewer)

Should I release an official map for the Panda Community?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you are using IceStick's PC build.
It is a potato actually
Here is a photo
potato-computer.jpg

1. The "anti-sniping" protection it may be a bad idea; any team should protect any point to capture them and win the round. What if there are a protecting wall, but there's a Sentry trap, so when you'll enter the area you'll be massacred?
I was referring more to an underground passage like orange_x4 and _x7 had, just without the slopes and not in a straight line.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4GWInOoB_lY/maxresdefault.jpg — here's how it was done there.

2. I can make the tower a bit larger, but it will s*ck then. Did you see the tower's edition on cp_orange_z7? The tower if f*cked up with that platform edition and the high-edges.
Yep. The walls were too high. I suggest making them just a little higher, so snipers would have to go down to shoot at people attacking the tower, while at the top they could only cover the second CP and the open ground to it.

Last edited:
I was referring more to an underground passage like orange_x4 and _x7 had, just without the slopes and not in a straight line.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4GWInOoB_lY/maxresdefault.jpg — here's how it was done there.
I really don't know why were that added to the map. There's something better on cp_orange_x-treme. Anyway, I think I got an idea with the RED platform next to the RED spawn. I'll try to remake it then I'll upload a picture.

Hisu" said:
Yep. The walls were too high. I suggest making them just a little higher, so snipers would have to go down to shoot at people attacking the tower, while at the top they could only cover the second CP and the open ground to it.
The Sniper class is one of the "largest" classes in a team. The Scout is smaller instead, so it will see a big wall, and it will be harder to jump above it for any class.

Hey, should the map use Orange-related textures only? I can create more textures than orange, gray, red, blue...

Hey, should the map use Orange-related textures only? I can create more textures than orange, gray, red, blue...
i like the current ones, doesnt make eyebleeding :p

You guys don't worry, I didn't mean that all textures will be orange; they all will be different. Yeah, the current ones are fine, but for some reason, when I compile the map, they won't have the same lighting, and the design I got won't be nice with them. I was thinking about a "Full-orange" map.

You guys don't worry, I didn't mean that all textures will be orange; they all will be different. Yeah, the current ones are fine, but for some reason, when I compile the map, they won't have the same lighting, and the design I got won't be nice with them. I was thinking about a "Full-orange" map.
might show some screenshots how you want to do it or some examples of it/multiple versions where we can decide.
i guess thats easier than words :p

Reactions: MOCOLONI
might show some screenshots how you want to do it or some examples of it/multiple versions where we can decide.
i guess thats easier than words :p
Sure. I'll publish some pictures of the design I currently want. 2 weeks ago I released a minor change on the map, with a lot of fixes and a new HDR mode.

Some
samples
(there you can see the lighting aren't the same now)

By the way. Lighting. Please make it a night map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread