Panda-official cp_orange_x3? (1 Viewer)

Should I release an official map for the Panda Community?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOCOLONI

Hi guys. Recently I asked Kevin (kVN.tf) if wants the community a map. I didn't get the answer (yes or no), but I think it will be better a choice of more community's members instead of one. Well, I've been working on my own cp_orange_x3 map, just a small change, but I got another idea to fully improve it, and I'll need some ratings (if should I start), feedbacks, etc.

I saw the server are already running an official map, but it just fixed the enemies entering the opposite team's spawn, and the Panda's logo in the spawn wall - not bad, but it's just a minor change. I can make a retextures, fixed, and an improved map for the community. As I said before, I just need votes, and if it will be decided to release the map, I'd like you guys to give me some ideas of what can the map contain (minigames, new sites, new things).

Well i'd say have a go at it. There's always room for improvement :)

Panda control points :3
Your mom is a control point, i "capped" her last night.

I still remember sending Kevin a version of cp_orange where he requested me to do some fixing. Guess what, he added a different version. 10/10 ignoring my shit you requested ;-;

Reactions: KingOfLag
I still remember sending Kevin a version of cp_orange where he requested me to do some fixing. Guess what, he added a different version. 10/10 ignoring my shit you requested ;-;
Poor didixo. Come here and let kitty hug you.

Poor didixo. Come here and let kitty hug you.
image.jpg

Thank you for the votes guys! I'm still waiting for more ratings, votes, and some ideas to use. Everyone is welcome and will be credited ;)

If you'll be editing the map, please consider this:
1. There should be a way from spawn to the second CP that allows coverage against enemy snipers. It shouldn't be a straight line, though; rather a trade-off, giving up time/convenience to get protection.
2. The walls on the third CP should be a bit higher and accessible only for rocket/sticky/flarejumper and lowgrav'ers. It will also somewhat limit the field of view for snipers sitting on the tower, encouraging them to go down to the windows for better firing angles.

Reactions: MOCOLONI
If you'll be editing the map, please consider this:
1. There should be a way from spawn to the second CP that allows coverage against enemy snipers. It shouldn't be a straight line, though; rather a trade-off, giving up time/convenience to get protection.
2. The walls on the third CP should be a bit higher and accessible only for rocket/sticky/flarejumper and lowgrav'ers. It will also somewhat limit the field of view for snipers sitting on the tower, encouraging them to go down to the windows for better firing angles.

1. The "anti-sniping" protection it may be a bad idea; any team should protect any point to capture them and win the round. What if there are a protecting wall, but there's a Sentry trap, so when you'll enter the area you'll be massacred?

2. I can make the tower a bit larger, but it will s*ck then. Did you see the tower's edition on cp_orange_z7? The tower if f*cked up with that platform edition and the high-edges.

1. The "anti-sniping" protection it may be a bad idea; any team should protect any point to capture them and win the round. What if there are a protecting wall, but there's a Sentry trap, so when you'll enter the area you'll be massacred?

2. I can make the tower a bit larger, but it will s*ck then. Did you see the tower's edition on cp_orange_z7? The tower if f*cked up with that platform edition and the high-edges.
jesus christ such ugly models for the walls

Reactions: MOCOLONI
jesus christ such ugly models for the walls
You can re-texture, you can remake the spawns, you can add more things, but the map's base is the Tower, and it shouldn't be edited so much like BlackBird did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread