Completed [JB] Change/Remove Simon Says (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make a suggestion to make the rules of the game more concise
Yes that's what I meant by restrict when it can be played like say you cannot play it all round or cannot play it in cell areas, just like how while Jeopardy is an exception to the "cant force reds to type" rule, it is s fine because it has a room built into the map to do it in. There's a reason why there are more options than just "Remove or Keep" even if I generally lean towards a complete removal I'm not opposed to other changes.
At the end of the day how I see it, is Simon says perfect no, does Simon says potentially cause freekills ya, but at the end of the day no minigame is perfect
I don't generally agree with what you said but I appreciate how you say it.

In reality, Simon Says is just a big contradiction on Panda. It is stated in the rules that.
And it follows with
Day related orders like "Out of cell rebel day" where the purpose of the day is to trick reds into leaving cells, is just like how Simon Says only serves the purpose of tricking reds into following orders.

It literally makes zero sense why Simon Says is not banned. If we are going to have a list of rules to follow to ensure the server runs smoothly, why do we allow games that circumvent these rules?

We need to either state in the rules that Simon Says is an exception, or just ban it entirely.

As for the argument, let me prove all the haters wrong here with a simple and easy scenario to follow:

The round starts, and all reds are told by warden to go to the yellow line. The orders are followed as stated and all the reds go to the yellow line. Then the warden commences Simon Says, and says to go to sweeper. The orders are followed as stated and the reds get killed on their way to sweeper. They were killed because the warden did not say "simon says".

We all understand why the reds died here right? But what needs to be understood is that the warden clearly stated for all reds to go to sweeper, just like he told the reds to go to the yellow line. If the wardens orders override the previous orders, why are people KOS for following the new order?

Simon Says is following the same construct as "out of cell rebel day" or any other "day related order," which is banned on our server. See how everything contradicts? Simon Says is a "day related order," and like previously stated here, day related orders are not allowed. The issue is that this concept is missed by many players.

All i'm gonna say is. You seem to take this whole jb thing a lil too much to heart.
It seems you fail to grasp that people on Jailbreak follow rules to avoid punishment, just like they would in a normal society. I personally feel @shybandit is just sharing their opinions on Jailbreak, and you don't really seem to have any solid reason to go against his statement. Simply stating that he is taking "this whole jb thing a lil too much to heart" is another way of saying that you aren't taking this conversation seriously like he is.

And I don't think there is much more to be said here. If you feel you can come up with a better argument that what I've just laid out, then surprise me, but I honestly don't think so.

It seems you fail to grasp that people on Jailbreak follow rules to avoid punishment, just like they would in a normal society. I personally feel @shybandit is just sharing their opinions on Jailbreak, and you don't really seem to have any solid reason to go against his statement. Simply stating that he is taking "this whole jb thing a lil too much to heart" is another way of saying that you aren't taking this conversation seriously like he is.

And I don't think there is much more to be said here. If you feel you can come up with a better argument that what I've just laid out, then surprise me, but I honestly don't think so.
To be honest I do not take it seriously because this suggestion has been made so many times with nothing new to add. I haven't taken it seriously whatsoever. His argument isn't anything different or new. JB is simply a gamemode that people shouldn't take seriously and his arguments all involve nitpicks rather than actual issues. Overtalking isn't the issue of the minigame itself, its the issue of the players. Trick orders are going to be rampant from this minigame and that's sorta the point. Though I can see how this is an issue, its also important to recognize that the minigame itself isn't difficult whatsoever to catch these trick orders being thrown out. Despite that, his issues like I said are rather nitpicks regarding how some players play the minigame rather than the minigame itself. People who are trigger-happy as well as overtalking isn't an issue of the minigame but rather the players themselves. I support a change in the minigame perhaps a suggestion to the rules. But he hasn't really suggested any of that rather than bandaid solutions that clearly won't be accepted. Nobody is gonna get LR and ask for simon says, it's just simply redundant to the minigames nature. Simon says isn't a difficult minigame whatsoever, all you need to do is listen to the words "simon says". I haven't seen simon says be an issue whenever I conduct it or see other blues conduct it nor do I see the complaints whatsoever. But regardless, I do hope the vote for this is fixed so it can be properly voted on. Having the many options kinda deters the main purpose of the vote of, should it be removed or kept. If it is kept I can see the purpose of having the other options be implemented with another vote.

In reality, Simon Says is just a big contradiction on Panda. It is stated in the rules that.

And it follows with

Day related orders like "Out of cell rebel day" where the purpose of the day is to trick reds into leaving cells, is just like how Simon Says only serves the purpose of tricking reds into following orders.

It literally makes zero sense why Simon Says is not banned. If we are going to have a list of rules to follow to ensure the server runs smoothly, why do we allow games that circumvent these rules?

We need to either state in the rules that Simon Says is an exception, or just ban it entirely.

As for the argument, let me prove all the haters wrong here with a simple and easy scenario to follow:

The round starts, and all reds are told by warden to go to the yellow line. The orders are followed as stated and all the reds go to the yellow line. Then the warden commences Simon Says, and says to go to sweeper. The orders are followed as stated and the reds get killed on their way to sweeper. They were killed because the warden did not say "simon says".

We all understand why the reds died here right? But what needs to be understood is that the warden clearly stated for all reds to go to sweeper, just like he told the reds to go to the yellow line. If the wardens orders override the previous orders, why are people KOS for following the new order?

Simon Says is following the same construct as "out of cell rebel day" or any other "day related order," which is banned on our server. See how everything contradicts? Simon Says is a "day related order," and like previously stated here, day related orders are not allowed. The issue is that this concept is missed by many players.

I can totally see where this comes from now. I personally would be sad to see an iconic game go. We should make an exaption to those rules for simon says and make it LR only. I think that way everyone can be happy.

I can totally see where this comes from now. I personally would be sad to see an iconic game go. We should make an exaption to those rules for simon says and make it LR only. I think that way everyone can be happy.
Yeah I'm down to just make it an exception if the mass wants it. Just stating things from a perspective of someone with years of jb experience

sorry that i wasnt very clear about it, human is much smarter than i am

I haven't seen a counterpoint to the OP that disproves their main point of simon being a weird contradiction to the rules. I don't particularly care about strawman scenarios (on both ends) or how people should simply just understand simon, the game as a whole doesn't follow standard rules as people ITT (human, OP) have previously stated. LR only is fine but it feels too out-of-place when it is invoked in the middle of a random round.

Reactions: iamhuman
Simon says is fine as it is, however is really only gets annoying when the warden has a shitty or quiet mic and people either can't hear him or he says some along the lines of "Saimon says" and ends up killing a lot of people because of the excuse that he said "Saimon" and not Simon.

Reactions: koe
Simon says is fine as it is, however is really only gets annoying when the warden has a shitty or quiet mic and people either can't hear him or he says some along the lines of "Saimon says" and ends up killing a lot of people because of the excuse that he said "Saimon" and not Simon.
I have never seen anyone do Saimon says before...

This is very stupid post like jailbreak without Simon says??? Like huh we already don’t have Fr lr removing this is dumb plus nobody even dose it.

• Indifferent
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Honestly a change has to be made because even if this thread gets denied there's going to be other ones in the future. No matter how you twist or turn it "Simon says" is the same thing as "First reaction, Last reaction" and "Out of cell rebel day", they're all minigames/days to farm kills.

Honestly a change has to be made because even if this thread gets denied there's going to be other ones in the future. No matter how you twist or turn it "Simon says" is the same thing as "First reaction, Last reaction" and "Out of cell rebel day", they're all minigames/days to farm kills.
same could be said about freeze dance in disco and no one ever suggests to remove that minigame :cryingrn:

How often do people even play Simon Says on JB anyways lol

I don't see any problems with simon says
The thing that i hate is that, the ones that are eventually tricked are the guards because they mishear the warden and kill prisioners out of mere confusion
That or the warden tries to play simon says despite not knowing how to and leading to a mass freekill round

I don't see any problems with simon says
The thing that i hate is that, the ones that are eventually tricked are the guards because they mishear the warden and kill prisioners out of mere confusion
That or the warden tries to play simon says despite not knowing how to and leading to a mass freekill round
You just said there was no problems with simon says then stated two problems.

• Haha
Reactions: shybandit and crubf
honestly I really don't mind on what happens to it tbh but these are interesting to think about because I've never had the mindset of three of less guards is cell wars but this gives a great alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread