Completed [JB] Change/Remove Simon Says (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes remove it jesus christ all orders are said with intent to trick the reds into making a mistake, making them KOS.
it is LITERALLY the textbook definition of a trick order

Reactions: shybandit
Out of curiosity, didn't human try to get this game banned a while ago because he hated it so much?

Simon didnt say to make the suggestion. Jokes aside wasn't this suggestion made 2 months ago and got denied? Making this LR only seems kinda redundant since reds will be prepared and all it would lead to would be mediocrely played rounds.

To get my opinion on it, I'm neutral about this minigame. I understand where the "trick order" argument is coming from but I can tolerate this more than actual trick orders because you at least get SOME sort of fairly clear advance warning, not like if the warden tells you to go somewhere that would make you KOS such as armory or a secret ammo spot and then kills you because "you went into an area that was KOS!", or an order I remember distinctly (for some reason) where the warden says "[colored] line" and then kills REDs who go to the [colored] line because they didn't say "GO TO [colored] line".

Simon didnt say to make the suggestion. Jokes aside wasn't this suggestion made 2 months ago and got denied? Making this LR only seems kinda redundant since reds will be prepared and all it would lead to would be mediocrely played rounds.
this suggestion is made like every 2 months for a reason cause simon says sucks but it always gets denied because people hate change for the better. yes i do think it would be redundant as lr which is why i personally didnt vote for that option but idk it seems popular with others and i'd be missing an obvious solution if it wasnt an option

this suggestion is made like every 2 months for a reason cause simon says sucks but it always gets denied because people hate change for the better. yes i do think it would be redundant as lr which is why i personally didnt vote for that option but idk it seems popular with others and i'd be missing an obvious solution if it wasnt an option
It's an easy minigame to follow. If someone says simon says follow me. Then followed with stop. What do you do? You continue doing the previous order of following. Don't see why we need to suggest removing a minigame (every other month) that is easy to understand

...or an order I remember distinctly (for some reason) where the warden says "[colored] line" and then kills REDs who go to the [colored] line because they didn't say "GO TO [colored] line".
If i just say red line. that clearly doesn't mean go to red line...

It's an easy minigame to follow. If someone says simon says follow me. Then followed with stop. What do you do? You continue doing the previous order of following. Don't see why we need to suggest removing a minigame (every other month) that is easy to understand
It's not a very easy minigame to follow because everyone else has different ideas about what constitutes a successful way to follow the order, and not everyone can use their ears properly or not overtalk warden.

Argument 1: It is an odd exception to the rules about how and where minigames can be played.
MANY minigames have weird exceptions to rules tho... some examples are
- your not allowed to favor reds but its ok to say first to finish in obby/any minigame despite the fact scout would have a natural advantage in most games
and this is directly from the rules "You as Warden can't restrict players from using the chat or force players to type in the chat. (Jeopardy/Kitchen Minigame is the only exception)"

Argument 2: It is an odd exception to the rules about clear orders.
I mean if the warden isn't giving a clear order why is it the minigames fault? if the warden gives a clear order then there shouldn't be any problems, its only when a warden either has a bad mic, is to quiet, or people are overtalking them and none of those reasons are the minigames fault

I argue that simon says orders are day related orders, as in a modifier on all orders that makes following otherwise legitimate orders kos until warden decides that the modifier no longer applies.
But stuff like class restrictions and No taunting orders also follow this principle of when warden says it applies for the rest of the round until warden grants permission to use them again

Argument 3: No one ever actually plays it properly.
Again why is this the Minigames fault? if someone plays it wrong its not the minigames fault, its the wardens fault.

Simon says leads to lots of genuine mass free kills because guards heard warden wrong, and also a lot of confusion as to who is actually kos or not.
if warden is giving clear orders then this should never happen, Lets say for example a warden gives a clear order of
"Simons says afk freeze" and like 15 reds afk and 5 reds don't + they don't ask for a repeat
Then after like a second or two a Blue begins killing all 15 reds afk but keeps the other 5 alive.
That's just a blue being way to trigger happy and not careful enough and if this does happen then wouldn't it be the guards fault?

All it does is cause fights because some dumbass can't give orders right, or because someone was too trigger happy.
Finally and lastly, WHY IS IT THE MINIGAMES FAULT, People are obviously not always gonna be perfect when it comes to mic quality and some guards might accidentally freekill you, but at the end of the day guards being trigger happy or wardens giving bad orders aren't exclusive to Simon Says (also if you don't like Simon Says Just Say it don't act like its cause it breaks )

PS.
but it always gets denied because people hate change for the better
this is literally a joke I make about Why people don't like OPST saying people are "afraid of change"

• Agree
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
It's not a very easy minigame to follow because everyone else has different ideas about what constitutes a successful way to follow the order, and not everyone can use their ears properly or not overtalk warden.
Overtalking isnt the problem of the warden you do realize that right? Second rather than suggesting to remove the minigame, why not suggest to add rule changes to how simoj says is played?

Everybody has different ideas of everything on JB. Does that mean we should remove everything including orders because they aren't followed exactly?

You're supposed to be having fun playing JB. You don't need to have everything be a perfect wonderland for you. Not everything goes your way, suck it up and stop crying. You ain't getting a lollipop everytime you go the doctors office my mans. Literally just have fun

MANY minigames have weird exceptions to rules tho... some examples are
- your not allowed to favor reds but its ok to say first to finish in obby/any minigame despite the fact scout would have a natural advantage in most games
and this is directly from the rules "You as Warden can't restrict players from using the chat or force players to type in the chat. (Jeopardy/Kitchen Minigame is the only exception)"
I think that's a misleading point because I'm not saying there can be no exceptions at all. I'm saying why is Simon Says the only one who fucks with rules while stuff like Color Chaser is banned.
I mean if the warden isn't giving a clear order why is it the minigames fault? if the warden gives a clear order then there shouldn't be any problems, its only when a warden either has a bad mic, is to quiet, or people are overtalking them and none of those reasons are the minigames fault
More about "How is it the minigame's fault"
Why is color chaser banned then? Why don't they just say the exact hex code of the color they're thinking of and reds recognize it on sight? No, apparently vague orders there are the minigame's fault, but not here. Why not just unban days if they're so clear.
But stuff like class restrictions and No taunting orders also follow this principle of when warden says it applies for the rest of the round until warden grants permission to use them again
because those are never contradicted by the order you give 5 seconds later and they're very clear orders.
this is literally a joke I make about Why people don't like OPST saying people are "afraid of change"
i like OPST :scout1:

• Indifferent
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Generally I think you guys have good points for why simon says should stay but i dont think they're good enough imo

All i'm gonna say is. You seem to take this whole jb thing a lil too much to heart. Especially when it comes to the fact that I havnt seen you on JB in months. Simon Says isn't a difficult minigame to play whatsoever and we shouldnt have to remove a minigame because you don't like how other blues handle it. You can make a suggestion to make the rules of the game more concise but still it isnt going to make this perfect. Nobody wants a perfect JB because then it won't be fun. I havn't seen simon says be an issue whenever I'm the warden playin it. Never seen it be an issue with anyone else either.

Also forgot to add. This is for the admins, having all the other options to keep the minigame but to allow it have changes, should honestly be added to the total of keep simon says. YkYk 🤓

At the end of the day how I see it, is Simon says perfect no, does Simon says potentially cause freekills ya, but at the end of the day no minigame is perfect and honestly even if a minigame breaks some rules its not like its gonna break the server, Its nice having a minigame like Simon says that is both different from other minigames and can allow people who just start out on JB to play a game they know (cause I refuse to believe some people don't know what Simon says is) and people play JB to have fun and Simon Says is fun to play every now and then for me

• Agree
Reactions: koe and shybandit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread