Completed [JB] Change/Remove Simon Says (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, before anyone complains "hurr whats your solution then" here's my solutions
A: Gets removed completely
B: LR Only
C: Only allowed outside of cell areas/after first minigame
D: Make it only playable when Cell Wars or Meat Grinder are playable since it gives blue a relatively similar unfair advantage.

And here's why it has to change:

Argument 1: It is an odd exception to the rules about how and where minigames can be played.

"The Warden can come up with Minigames of his own but it must be played out of the range of the cell area."
"Minigames that involves the BLU team killing the Prisoners are not allowed unless it's located on the map or is a variation of a existing Minigame on the map."

Simon says is played in cell area at least 7 out of 10 times, if not more.
Maybe the second rule break is debatable because it's technically not a minigame that involves BLU killing Prisoners because it is actually BLU killing Rebellers, but I think that is just nitpicking.

Argument 2: It is an odd exception to the rules about clear orders.

"The Warden can't trick Prisoners by giving them misleading names or vague orders."
"'Day related' orders fall under this too, out of cell day will be overruled if the Warden gives the order to come out of the cell for example."

I argue that simon says orders are day related orders, as in a modifier on all orders that makes following otherwise legitimate orders kos until warden decides that the modifier no longer applies.
What is the real difference between saying "out of cell rebel day" "go to the yellow line" and saying "(simon says intro)" "go to the yellow line"?
I argue there is no difference, and simon says is actually worse because you can only catch people with days once, simon says you can give orders like that all round if you would like.

I elaborate on it being vague orders below, as well.

Argument 3: No one ever actually plays it properly. Simon says leads to lots of genuine mass free kills because guards heard warden wrong, and also a lot of confusion as to who is actually kos or not.
Take this example for the confusion:
Reds are afk frozen on the yellow line when simon says starts.
The warden says "afk freeze" without saying simon says.
Is everyone still afk frozen kos? Do they have to move? Do they have to continue moving?
No one is ever able to fully agree on this, and that makes it a vague order and by extension a trick order. However, because this is simon says, it is allowed.

Despite all of this, Simon Says continues to be allowed. I think that should change. All it does is cause fights because some dumbass can't give orders right, or because someone was too trigger happy.

Regarding trick orders, there's also how many wardens who do Simon Says choose to end it; they believe you have to say "Simon Says Simon Says is over.", so many wardens will just say "Simon Says is over.", say an order without saying "Simon Says" first, and then kill anyone who complies to that order because he didn't say "Simon Says Simon Says is over."

"Legal" trick order at its finest.

I love how you missing out an option to keep it as it is

The warden says "afk freeze" without saying simon says.
Is everyone still afk frozen kos? Do they have to move? Do they have to continue moving?
No one is ever able to fully agree on this, and that makes it a vague order and by extension a trick order. However, because this is simon says, it is allowed.
How is it a trick order there is literally nothing confusing about this.
If its simon says and he just says "afk freeze" you can not be afk frozen.
Do whatever... freelook,swing ur melee, constantly jump, stay crouched etc just dont be completely afk

• Disagree
Reactions: Valen
this entire thing is a warden/guard problem who cant even bring water to boil if their life depends on it, that do simon says and mostly dont start it properly.

How is it a trick order there is literally nothing confusing about this.
If its simon says and he just says "afk freeze" you can not be afk frozen.
Do whatever... freelook,swing ur melee, constantly jump, stay crouched etc just dont be completely afk
So what you're saying is, you have to be constantly moving all the time because the warden did not say afk freeze? even when its not simon says? does that make sense? is that not confusing?

So what you're saying is, you have to be constantly moving all the time because the warden did not say afk freeze? even when its not simon says? does that make sense? is that not confusing?
???????????????????????????????? if its not simon says you follow the current active order

???????????????????????????????? if its not simon says you follow the current active order
so then why is simon says allowed if its this convoluted and also you are the triggerhappy guard who ruins it for everyone btw also since when was
no simon says = do the opposite
pretty sure it was always no simon says = ignore the order

anyways could an admin please add an option to leave it as is when they see this thread i forgot to

so then why is simon says allowed if its this convoluted and also you are the triggerhappy guard who ruins it for everyone btw also since when was
no simon says = do the opposite
pretty sure it was always no simon says = ignore the order
you just dont get it

If he says "simon says afk" you afk
If he says "afk" you dont afk

Reactions: hehe troll
you just dont get it
EXACTLY THATS THE FUCKING ISSUE AINT IT
its trick orders because no one fucking gets it the same way anyone else does, everyone else can see it, you're only arguing because you love trick orders

and yes if there is no simon says dont do it or possibly do the opposite

EXACTLY THATS THE FUCKING ISSUE AINT IT
its trick orders because no one fucking gets it the same way anyone else does, everyone else can see it, you're only arguing because you love trick orders
no you dont get it because you are just not smart enough

no you dont get it because you are just not smart enough
sure buddy sure sure you're the smartest ever we know, so as i was saying that doesnt actually dispute any of the other arguments you're just saying "just understand the trick orders lol" which is not a genuine reason to keep stuff because if so why not just bring back days while we are at it and bring back renaming reds, all you've done is prove that no one can actually do simon says right because everyone thinks it works a different way

sure buddy sure sure you're the smartest ever we know, so as i was saying that doesnt actually dispute any of the other arguments you're just saying "just understand the trick orders lol" which is not a genuine reason to keep stuff because if so why not just bring back days while we are at it and bring back renaming reds
Where are there any trick orders

Where are there any trick orders
i dont understand how you can completely avoid comprehending that days and simon says are the exact same shit in a different coat of paint and are an exception to multiple rules designed to make this server actually fun in any way that isnt just guards slapping around some masochists

Added option to keep it as is.

Please keep it civil

Reactions: shybandit
i dont understand how you can completely avoid comprehending that days and simon says are the exact same shit in a different coat of paint and are an exception to multiple rules designed to make this server actually fun in any way that isnt just guards slapping around some masochists
Days and Simon Says are a completely different thing tho also Days are banned and Simon Says isnt

Days and Simon Says are a completely different thing tho also Days are banned and Simon Says isnt
they are not completely different and i think simon says is almost just as bad as Days even if i think restricting them would make them fine

As much as I hate it, I do want to keep it so that people who actually know how to have fun with it and don't just use it as an excuse to do trick orders, are able to do it.

It should be lr only-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread