Declined [JB] Bring back the fire command (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would people be more open to it if we ran it as a test? Say on the jb test server we have? I think it was server #17?

• Agree
Reactions: bap!
I agree with Banana's point that "people who force to do shitty things" is annoying, even if I do it sometimes. Although i believe you don't need to implement a fire command, rather a timer/interval of rounds between forces, so someone can't force 3 times in a row. Adding a fire command will inevitably be used by people who don't wanna warden and that ruins the idea of randomly being chosen as warden.

Reactions: Chermal
But, as for the "squeakers" (like me) what's the point of us being on blue? Yes, I don't play blue but other kids do We all know if we add this in JB people will favor this thing way to much some might not and take it serious when rule breakers are on blue, but a lot of people will use it if they are a "squeakers." Also, we all know almost every one hates "SQUEAKERS."

damn this poll was at one point closer than the 2020 us election

come on guys, i'd like more votes

I’ve decided to honestly change my vote from “No” to “Yes” mainly because of the absolute freakshow that is peak hours JB with people forcing warden to mess with the reds.

Its definitely not funny when blus do it constantly, Im still skeptical of the !fire command as a whole but I wouldn’t personally mind a testing period.

Its really not fun for blus or reds when the same 2 guys force warden the whole map through only for them to mostly die to reds that are sick of it.

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
Just going to throw this in here as I'm curious:

If the limit of forcewarden was reduced to 2 or 1, would this be a better solution than introducing !fire ?
Feel free to list pros and cons on this.

Also I saw flux uses !fire. Does anybody know any other jb communities that use !fire?

• Agree
Reactions: Solo, Mark! and Zee

If the limit of forcewarden was reduced to 2 or 1, would this be a better solution than introducing !fire ?

Also I saw flux uses !fire. Does anybody know any other jb communities that use !fire?
I'm pretty sure that wonderland does. Dont know about the others tho

Reducing force wardens

PROS
Squeakers and new players wont be fired immediately
Bad wardens will have less rounds to troll
Gives more people chance to be warden

CONS
Good wardens have less forces

God if we could reduce it to 1 that would be a godsend.

Pros:

- Trolls only get 1 chance to do their shenanigans as warden before they can readily dealt with by other blus

- No longer have to deal with Wardens that think their the gift of god on this server for more than one round before randomness kicks in again

Cons:

- I suppose one con i can think of is Blus no longer can force warden over bad ones more often

• Agree
Reactions: Mark!
Ehhhh?
I mean the toxicity of the force is still apparent of what king said if this was added and its still relevant. Wouldn't solve the issue of being it abusive tho. Decreasing the force count is cool and ok but adding !fire with it makes it a bad apple. You would still get the same issue from my previous points although. RCT made it really clear that fire is just going to be used on newer players and it pushes away new players from actually playing the game. His point still stands.

Overall point is that limiting the force will still give you the same issues as before.

I think wonderland (EW) and I think, sg-gaming.net uses it (Freddie tf2 server) And that's the only servers that I THIN

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
Decreasing the force count is cool and ok but adding !fire with it makes it a bad apple.

My intent with the discussion was if this gets declined, perhaps reducing the force warden limit will solve the one blue forcing 3 days to troll.
Looks like @Solo got eager though and made a thread which...I was hoping to explain in better detail but first I wanted to test the waters as this was suggested way back with Addster.

• Agree
Reactions: Solo
I can safely say like a majority of popular jailbreak communities have the fire command.
Wonderland, wonder, Elysium(?), Blackwonder, Flux, SG etc all have the fire command but have their own rulings on it.

This feels like a partial fix. They can still be warden via the random selection and it’s not uncommon to have these random intervals where someone gets warden randomly 2 or 3 times in a row.
Like okay they can’t force, but that’s not the only issue at hand.
Implementing a fire command is the best option imo.

I'm changing my vote to hell yes after dakota is on the server
hmmm maybe we should look back at to what was said previously

I feel like it would lead to mob lynch mentality:

*Young person with high pitched voice gets to be warden*

"CRINGE LITTLE KID GET OFF WARDEN LMAOOO EVERYONE DO !FIRE !FIRE !FIRE !FIRE !FIRE!!!!!!!!11!!1"

And then the person next to him gives in to his words and so does the person next to that person, and they peer pressure each other until the new warden is fired without even commiting a mistake

*New warden gives an order in understandable yet foreign accented english*

"NEW WARDEN IS TALKING IN MINECRAFT ENCHANTING TABLE!!!!!111!! EVERYONE !FIRE"

and then the same happens...

"But we need to stop bad people from ruining the experience, so it would be good to be able to fire them!"

No, If they want to disrup the experience they can go sniper with machina and impale all reds, not being the warden isnt an impediment for griefers as far as they stay as guards

"It would stop annoying wardens from spamming the same minigame every single round"

It will also deter them from coming with creative ideas of minigames (it can be done without freekilling) like tag death match in mine field.

why would wardens risk innovating when people could fire them for not following expectations? (that are separated from the rules).

Instead it would break the role play of warden gives ordes - reds receive, as they could held the warden at gunpoint to please their pleads of a specific minigame, which could cause minigame spam but in a more horrible way, aka: !fire threats

It is beautiful when a warden wholesomely communicates with the reds and tries to do what is better for the majority, but if he wants to play bad guy and send them to a minefield trip he is in his right to do so.

If reds dont like bad but legal warden they can bash him over the head with their melees (not always works, this is a role-play full of possibilites)

If reds dont like bad & illegal warden they can call adam

But giving reds a tool to threat the warden out of his possition?, which is out of role, thats some cartel boss giving orders to the prison guards meant to keep him jailed kind of s***.

Also people who get !fire abused will grow bitter towards the reds.

And out of that hate new mass freekillers will be born.
what Xergon said sounds exactly what freekilllord predicted, its going to be 'I don't like this person so I dont want him to be warden no matter what' unless you want to elaborate further Xergon, because it sounds like you just don't want this one person to be warden

what Xergon said sounds exactly what freekilllord predicted, its going to be 'I don't like this person so I dont want him to be warden no matter what' unless you want to elaborate further Xergon, because it sounds like you just don't want this one person to be warden
I was on at the same time as Xergon when Dakota was warden. Dakota was a warden who forced three times in a row and got killed by rebellers early in the round each time he forced.

It's not just some "cringe little kid" or somebody doing a bad minigame, it's a player making the game not fun by purposely forcing warden, and being bad at it. This is one of the biggest reasons people have been in support of the !fire command if you read previous comments on this thread, including those from Xergon.

Also yes this problem would also be solved by lowering the number of forcewardens to 1 or 2 per map. Go vote for that suggestion, it's probably a better solution to the same problem.

I was on at the same time as Xergon when Dakota was warden. Dakota was a warden who forced three times in a row and got killed by rebellers early in the round each time he forced.

It's not just some "cringe little kid" or somebody doing a bad minigame, it's a player making the game not fun by purposely forcing warden, and being bad at it. This is one of the biggest reasons people have been in support of the !fire command if you read previous comments on this thread, including those from Xergon.

Also yes this problem would also be solved by lowering the number of forcewardens to 1 or 2 per map. Go vote for that suggestion, it's probably a better solution to the same problem.
is he purposefully trolling as warden? or is he just bad?

OH COME ON THATS BULL SHIT! I was there longer and the first first ever time he got fucking warden every one let him die all the blues including you. You guys said, "KILL WARDEN KILL WARDEN." @scootyman was the only person killing the reds so don't say bad warden when all of the blue team being inactive and saying he is a bad warden you and the blues DO YOUR FUCKING job and protect him OR get reds instead of holding your dicks 24/7. Or just making fun of him because he is a kid like me. Every time he fucking TALKS THE blue team says, "SHUT UP SHUT UP." Like STFU leave him alone if your gonna report people breaking rules maybe you should stop "breaking the rules."

OH COME ON THATS BULL SHIT! I was there longer and the first first ever time he got fucking warden every one let him die all the blues including you. You guys said, "KILL WARDEN KILL WARDEN." @scootyman was the only person killing the reds so don't say bad warden when all of the blue team being inactive and saying he is a bad warden you and the blues DO YOUR FUCKING job and protect him OR get reds instead of holding your dicks 24/7. Or just making fun of him because he is a kid like me. Every time he fucking TALKS THE blue team says, "SHUT UP SHUT UP." Like STFU leave him alone if your gonna report people breaking rules maybe you should stop "breaking the rules."
I feel silly arguing in a suggestions thread but I feel forced since you are accusing me of mic spamming and being an in-active guard.

I was actually on red team when north Dakota was warden. I realize you might be confused since I usually play on BLU, but I was one of the reds trying to rebel, and even managed to kill Scootyman with a dropped shotgun. The only round I was a BLU was on the third round where he force wardened. I don't remember that round very well so I'm guessing I probably got killed pretty early during it.

I never believe that mic spamming or encouraging reds to kill warden is OK, and you're right there were blus that were doing that. Specifically one blue player "the bool aid man" was micspamming, telling reds to kill warden, and being an inactive guard which probably gave you the impression that more BLU players were doing the same. But it's also worth pointing out that in retaliation "north Dakota" did the same thing to him. I have video clips of both these players doing this but decided against filing a report. These videos also prove that I was playing on RED. If you would like to see them DM me.

Sorry if you were upset that I left this information out of my first post but please don't accuse me of breaking rules like being an inactive guard when I wasn't even playing on BLU team. I feel ridiculous having to respond to accusations like that on a thread about a Jailbreak Suggestion.

If you want to talk more or want to see the clips I have, DM me.

To be fair, I was a blu when Reformed Hacker(later changed his name to north Dakota) has dodged many calls of freekilling since he’s been inconsistent with his play (one moment he’d be playing normally and the other would be him freekilling all the reds).

I witnessed it myself and everytime i try to get a demo on him people would either outright teamkill him or the Reds would rebel immediately since he has a tendency to force, iirc he’s been Guardbanned recently.

Im not condoning their behavior but as far as I recall they were mean to him because he kept intentionally being a bad warden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread