[ALL] Music on microphone: Rule 2e enforcement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should allow music or soundboards. Allowing soundboards will result in similar problems as allowing music would.
It's very subjective. Some may find it funny. Others do not.
And even short sounds or only occasional soundboard usage can be annoying or distracting. Especially on deathmatch servers like duel, mk or mge.

This looks to be a pretty divisive one, lol.
But, like- the intention for these servers are to have fun. As long as it isn't actually hindering the fun (like what ian said) then why not? It can be funny. It can also just not be funny.

Why not try it out, and come back to it after a little while, to see what the player base did with it?

I don't think we should allow music or soundboards. Allowing soundboards will result in similar problems as allowing music would.
It's very subjective. Some may find it funny. Others do not.
And even short sounds or only occasional soundboard usage can be annoying or distracting. Especially on deathmatch servers like duel, mk or mge.
I’m also under the impression this would be a server specific rule, to make sure each playerbase is ok with it. Madact stated that this mainly pertains to US 2Fort, and USJB

Throwing my opinion here, just as everybody said, soundboards and music can be wildly obnoxious to some people. I personally enjoy people occasionally playing music if it was on a server like 2Fort, maybe even soundboards sometimes. Leaving the subjective tastes aside though, if this was done on a server like Jailbreak? Where it virtually requires all REDs to be listening clearly to the Warden's orders? Yeah no.

Reactions: Spam Goose and Ian
I’m also under the impression this would be a server specific rule, to make sure each playerbase is ok with it. Madact stated that this mainly pertains to US 2Fort, and USJB
to me for music, US 2fort doesn't need it (Just listen to your own music) and USJB would be too distracting and should only be used for theater. For Soundboards, 2fort I'd be fine with with limitations (no spam or very loud ones) and no for USJB

Reactions: Ian
I agree with the proposed enforcement standard. There’s plenty of examples of harmless soundboards from players who I don’t want to see punished, because the sounds add to the JB experience. Like the guy who sometimes plays the SpongeBob sound effect after warden causes a fail round. (It’s hilarious, don’t mute him please.) Sure sometimes it can be a bit subjective whether a soundboard is annoying, but most of the time it’s clear if something is obnoxious or not. We need this rule change because currently all soundboards are banned even though it’s not even enforced in that way and I think most people agree that a blanket ban on soundboards is unwarranted.

As for music, I don’t see music having a place in jb outside theater, but in casual games I often do enjoy people playing music (and it’s easy to mute others cmon guys) so I see no reason to not add it to 2fort

The current policy can essentially be summed up to: Voice chat for voice chatting only.

There are reasonable arguments and situations that call for loosening up on this. BUT one should remember that the rule in its current form is very coherent and unambiguous. Rules without blurred lines set clear expectations and it's easy to maintain FAIR commmunity-wide enforcement of them.

I am hesitant to support changes to rules that make them more ambiguous.

Voice related rules with regards to jailbreak should be discussed seperately imo. Since voicechat is an inherent part of the gamemode. Use of sounds for comedic purposes makes more sense there.

• Agree
Reactions: Spam Goose and Ian
Personally agree with Zeprus, it's never going to be enforcable with consistency, it's going to lead to appeals saying `well so and so admin didn't ban me so Im allowed`.

I don't mind occasional sound board jokes but again point above stands.

I also can't use the in game mute feature because I have to monitor all voice users. Dont want to listen to shitty edm versions of songs

Reactions: crubf
I exclusively play Panda on the US 2fort. I agree with Zeprus and Redspike. If I want music, I'll play my own. Nothing ruins the play mood for me more than intrusive music or sound clips blaring at me all of a sudden. Please leave the rule as is.

• Informative
Reactions: Ian and Madact
Thank you all for the feedback! I'm particularly pleased by the variety of areas of gameservers responded.

For now I will close this thread and go through the feedback as there is more than expected. If something develops from this there will either be another post after this from me or a suggestion. If no update happens within let's say 2 weeks of this post, nothing has changed regarding this rule.

Reactions: Ian and Aerial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread