"Age" limit to voice chat? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Bump*
I am still uncertain on how this will turn out, this poll redeems itself useless since we have a small addition to the rule of micspamming.
or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).
So, is the voting over or are we still waiting for more votes? I want answers and I want them fresh-baked out of the oven!

*Bump*
I am still uncertain on how this will turn out, this poll redeems itself useless since we have a small addition to the rule of micspamming.

So, is the voting over or are we still waiting for more votes? I want answers and I want them fresh-baked out of the oven!

I said that right now the yes camp is those who are in favour of that rule; the no camp doesn't want anything done whatsoever.

I Mean some 13 or 12 year olds out there are really mature for their age, and they dont act like morons in voice chat, But if a kid did act annoying i would just mute them, im pretty sure i saw that reply in this thread. But idk im half and half for a age restriction in voice chat ;p i think voice chat is a BIG thing to monitor on these servers ;p.

Exactly, Hurley. Kids who act annoyingly, like morons...
They won't be muted for very few minutes/hours/days as always happened: They will be muted for 6 months-1 year. At least their voice will get more mature together with the "owner" of the voice itself.

Reactions: Hurley
haha @Matt-ers? if i was one to get banned i know i couldnt wait to be able to play on the server again ;p These servers ROCK

With the way the rule is devised now, anyone who doesn't do anything is safe. As for kids who have a pretty good mic and are not speaking in a foreign language or technically screaming but still being highly annoying, they can get muted.

e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

How does this sound to people?

I would change my vote to yes if this the rule change the yes voters want.

Also idk if this is OT(I am sorry in that case) how about stricting up the JB microphone rules a little bit, I just recently started to play JB and it is really frustrating with wardens that have horrible mics and/or terrible english, this usually leads to alot of rage and confusion in the red team as they claim that they have been freekilled just because they couldn't understand what the wardens said.

Alright, this has been open for long enough. The yes camp is in the lead by 2 votes. I was considering giving this 1 or 2 more days to see if the status quo might shift still, but it has been long enough already.

As of now, Panda will become somewhat more strict with immature voices that are technically not breaking rules but still very annoying. The admin team will be expected to not act too strictly on this and use it only when needed.

Reactions: Redspike and Zeprus
Not to be a downer on the situation here but if you do that with the younger kiddies there really is the case that the elders may do it to get their own back, I for one have seen a kid and a mature player annoy each other and that made it where the game mode was unplayable, I have to give no vote to this as a fact that yes the kiddies may be muted but the elders could easily do the same (mic spam) to get their own back on the kids.

Not to be a downer on the situation here but if you do that with the younger kiddies there really is the case that the elders may do it to get their own back, I for one have seen a kid and a mature player annoy each other and that made it where the game mode was unplayable, I have to give no vote to this as a fact that yes the kiddies may be muted but the elders could easily do the same (mic spam) to get their own back on the kids.
Great necrobump ;)

• Agree
Reactions: mosteraz and Jayy
Why necrobump something already done...

Oh, we can revive stuff now ?
Great.
In my opinion there should only be a guardban since they atleast deserve the Chance to continue talking on red.
(not as much anymore tough :3)

In my opinion there should only be a guardban since they atleast deserve the Chance to continue talking on red.
No, just no.

Locking thread... It should be my new job lol.

Edit: Guess it already was locked. My apologies... :oops:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread