"Age" limit to voice chat? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really tho, the only problem with youngsters, is that 70% of them tend to spam voice chat, instead of actually using it for something useful.

• Agree
Reactions: Supreme
I just voted against, if you get annoyed by some1 voice just mute him or her, simple.

Edit: kid speeks irl now1 no1 cares, kid speaks ingame every1 goes "fuck you stupid kid" and shit like that
I think there is a mentality in fps gaming that if your voice is high pitched your automaticly a squeeker, it feels like some people aren't really annoyed by the kids voices they just have this gaming mentality that kids shouldn't play fps games all kids are noobs and stuff like that. squeekers, voicespammers, and horrible mic kids should ofc be muted, but higher aged squeeker, voicespammers and horrible mics should also get muted.
As I said earlier if a kid a kids voice really makes your ear bleed then mute them yourself, their right to speak in voicechat shouldn't be stopped just because you get annoyed.

That's my opinion

You know... Steam is 13+ and Tf2 15-16+... It's a great thing... And some users don't know how to mute others, also it should be the admins job to get rid of rulebreakers...

To the kids speaking irl: It's not that often that some kid speaks right inside your ear, I'm pretty sure you would get annoyed by that in less than half a hour. ^^

Btw I also changed my vote to no, but for other reasons (my last post)

It seems that my last argument was rather persuasive, and consensus has now shifted in favour to the no camp. I would agree with being stricter towards young voices - the more annoying ones - but this vote with ruling it out altogether is too extreme.

It will be a bit of a hassle to ask everyone's input again, but we should also discuss what exactly to do if this vote fails (which it now seems likely to). A lot of people are still in favour of this, and a few people only changed their votes to a no after I pointed out just what exactly this particular new rule would really entail for all young players. It would seem logical and reasonable to find a compromise.

You know... Steam is 13+ and Tf2 15-16+... It's a great thing... And some users don't know how to mute others, also it should be the admins job to get rid of rulebreakers...

To the kids speaking irl: It's not that often that some kid speaks right inside your ear, I'm pretty sure you would get annoyed by that in less than half a hour. ^^

Btw I also changed my vote to no, but for other reasons (my last post)

"some users don't know to mute others"
:/ They better learn that then, it would be rather stupid to enforce a new rule just because some people can't find the mute button in the menu.

"also it should be the admins job to get rid of rulebreakers..."

how is that relevant?

"To the kids speaking irl: It's not that often that some kid speaks right inside your ear, I'm pretty sure you would get annoyed by that in less than half a hour. ^^"

Not really I am not getting more annoyed by kids voices than adult voices.

It's at the admins discretion what sounds "young" though. One of them finds your voice bad but nobody else does? Boom, muted. You helping out your team and being a good player? Boom, muted, fuck you.
You can still continue playing without speaking in the mic, you are not banned, kicked, perma-banned or what. ...
I really don't see the point in what you say.
This game should already have an age limit, nobody rreally respects it, and so if teens want not to hear kiddy voices on mic, why should they have to?

To everybody who said that you can mute also on your own. Well, we admins punish micspams with music and so on, you don't need to wait us, you could even mute on your own. So, this is not a good reason not to mute kids.

As Evo said, ladies won't be muted (honestly, I've never heard girls in mic in almost 2 years of tf2). The restriction is only to kids (A voice which is a mix, sometimes a very hateful mix between a girl voice and a male and not mature voice).

Reactions: BaronVonGamerz
I'll vote "Yes" if you're against "Squeaking", because that's a bit annoying.
I'll vote "No" if you're against an un-mature voice.

"some users don't know to mute others"
:/ They better learn that then, it would be rather stupid to enforce a new rule just because some people can't find the mute button in the menu.

"also it should be the admins job to get rid of rulebreakers..."

how is that relevant?

"To the kids speaking irl: It's not that often that some kid speaks right inside your ear, I'm pretty sure you would get annoyed by that in less than half a hour. ^^"

Not really I am not getting more annoyed by kids voices than adult voices.

"how is that relevant" Well technically playing the game with an age below 13 is breaking the terms of use..

And I'm also not annoyed by a kids voice in real life, as long as this high pitched voice is not directly in my ear and as a headset user high pitched noisy voices are quite annoying for me. (own opinion) That's why I wanted to support this in the first place but since it would mean that also kids, that are talking normal and not noisy, get muted I changed my mind.

Nono, I explained it clearly, surely the voice to be muted must be really really annoying.
If the kid talks normally, as more mature as he can, well, it's obvious that his voice will sound more mature, too. And he will not be muted. ... Hoping that this rule will be approved.

Maybe you are taking it with much extremity, but it's not, don't worry. I changed the title of the poll.

Nono, I explained it clearly, surely the voice to be muted must be really really annoying.
If the kid talks normally, as more mature as he can, well, it's obvious that his voice will sound more mature, too. And he will not be muted. ... Hoping that this rule will be approved.

Maybe you are taking it with much extremity, but it's not, don't worry. I changed the title of the poll.

So Evo was wrong, changed my vote again. ^^

That's completely different to what you've said before.
Muting an immature voice, sure, but pretty much the entire thread and discussion has been about muting 'young' voices regardless. You can't go back on yourself.

If we can make it a humane rule then even I will change my vote. On the condition that I get to draft it and put it up here for approval.

e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

How does this sound to people?

Reactions: Redspike and Zeprus
There was a clear misunderstanding of what I said.
Surely, because this is something revolutionary.

@Blank Now, both of us should read the whole thread again, to understand the right meaning of my poll. Many things were said, and a bit of confusion is obvious.

muting 'young' voices regardless
I said this, but then I also explained that if kids try to speak as more mature as they can, then we can close an eye, or both of them. So, I'm still against irritating voices, but if the kid try to speak not in an irritating way, WHY should I mute him?
Then, it's up to us Admins to judge an irritating kid voice (very very usual) or an acceptable kid voice (rare).

I only judge the Voice.

e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

How does this sound to people?

Sounds better but I would add >having no mic< Since some people are understandable wuite well even without mic and you can't hear ingame sounds but everybody using the voicechat is just a loud mess in the background.^^

Sounds better but I would add >having no mic< Since some people are understandable wuite well even without mic and you can't hear ingame sounds but everybody using the voicechat is just a loud mess in the background.^^

What are you on about? This is about young player with microphones, what do non-microphone players have to do with the rule?

What are you on about? This is about young player with microphones, what do non-microphone players have to do with the rule?

Well you aready have "bad mic" in there so you could just throw "no mic" onto it too^^

But I like the new addon, would vote for that

Well you aready have "bad mic" in there so you could just throw "no mic" onto it too^^

But I like the new addon, would vote for that

If you have no mic, you will be muted? .-.

I still don't get what you're saying...

If you have no mic, you will be muted? .-.

I still don't get what you're saying...

Alright :D, it's just that if you have no headset but have a good mic quality from your pc you can't get muted with the rule, but normally when having no mic you have this loud background noices whenever someone else uses the voichat wich is really annoying. ^^

When will this poll stop, by the way?

When it becomes clear that people are either in favour of the revised rule stated above, or that people really do not want any sort of becoming stricter towards immature voices.

Btw people, remember that if you're in favour of the revised rule to change your vote to a yes. If not, leave it on no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread