Admin disrespect (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NECROBUMP TIME!!

So this happened:

Right cool down period over.
According to that poll, apparently...16 people want it to change...right xD

Well suggestions are open to how we approach this.

And then nothing!

Technically, admin disrespect is still against the rules:

a) Offensive language
You may not use any offensive language, which includes insults; excessive raging; disrespecting admins or other players or provoking them; or any kind of discrimination. Racism is strictly forbidden.

and I am pretty sure admins have continued to punish for it ever since this discussion went down. But the strawpoll won by a landslide (http://www.strawpoll.me/4777936/r).

Nobody gave any suggestions, so here I am. Watch the new and upcoming rule against offensive language:

a) Offensive language
You may not use any offensive language, which includes insults; excessive raging; disrespecting people or deliberately provoking them; or any kind of discrimination. Racism is strictly forbidden.

Aaaand we're golden.

Go me.

Why did that take a fucking year?

I want to give an example and we can all decide what is the difference.

'Admin, you suck. Noob!'
'Particular player on this server, you suck. Noob!'

^ Insulting? Difference?
Begin :kappa:

Anyone who sees a difference should have their sanity questioned.

• Funny
Reactions: Heratade
I want to give an example and we can all decide what is the difference.

'Admin, you suck. Noob!'
'Particular player on this server, you suck. Noob!'

^ Insulting? Difference?
Begin :kappa:

Well that depends whether "Admin, you suck. Noob!" follows up on the admin making a mistake in-game or dying or something, or whether someone says it right after the admin punishes someone for something that was perfectly punishable. In the first case it is a regular insult whereas in the second one it reflects a broader-

Wait this has already been discussed long ago. Do we really want to open the flood gates?

There is no difference between insulting an admin and insulting a regular player, I do 4 hours for either case after the general warnings.

Admin disrespect was never a thing to me (not sure if I've done any gags/mute for it in the past), it's just a way to increase punishments where prior evidence wouldn't be enough as a regular gag/mute.

• Agree
Reactions: Trazyn and Madact
By putting a response on this thread we've pretty much all ready opened it up :p

Reading Inu's responses.
'Put those skills to use where they are needed instead of wasting them here.' :kappa:

In fact does anybody end punish for admin disrespect anymore? This started from redspiek seeing something about it in Deep's application.

I know that *some* of the USA DB team do punish for admin disrespect VERY regularly.

The main reason for that was the spawncamping, the disrespect is a sort of watermark so it's noted. The way I ban is to make it equal to or greater than previous ban.

It still counts though so I retract that statement.

Edit: That MS paint tho

• Friendly
Reactions: EvoWarrior5
I punish for Admin disrespect all the time. I can't tell you how many times I'll slay someone and they'll start raging at me via voice or chat; sometimes both after a gag/mute has taken place. (They simply use whatever form of chatting they have left after their initial punishment, basically leading to a full silence). @Madact has seen it happen before; @Tsumiki and basically all the other USA Admins have to deal with tons of ragers on USA DB, as well. Just throwing that out there because, well, why not.

• Agree
Reactions: OxyGenE and Tsumiki
I punish for Admin disrespect all the time. I can't tell you how many times I'll slay someone and they'll start raging at me via voice or chat; sometimes both after a gag/mute has taken place. (They simply use whatever form of chatting they have left after their initial punishment, basically leading to a full silence). @Madact has seen it happen before; @Tsumiki and basically all the other USA Admins have to deal with tons of ragers on USA DB, as well. Just throwing that out there because, well, why not.

But tbh it should just be called "Disrespect" in the end, I think that's what's the main point here.

(correct me if I'm wrong)

@Swaggy has a point. When they specfically insult me (Usually with 'admin') I just label it as insulting with a standard time.

It's the whol putting 'admin' and maybe just some people give a little more punishment than they should do. That's it. All people would need to do is change the reason, make sure they're being fair about it and none of it would happen :p

Since the necrobump there has been no admins - punishing for admin disrespect(see above post with listed admins) - defending and arguing for such a punishment reason to reimain. If they choose to keep remaining in silence about this then it should be seen as that they have no problems with removing the "admin disrespect" as a viable reason.

Hey. Hi.

We have no head admin, our punishment vary from admin to admin. Most of the time the new admins usually use the 'admin disrespect' reason as I think it might be an option in the admin menu? I am not sure. These days admins just file it under 'insulting' and that's it.

Of course though I wouldn't be alarmed. If an admin is just flat out giving harsher punishments because they where insulted but give less punishments to those who didn't insult them it might get picked up along the way...But then again, no head admin. Some admin will point it out to them and they'd stop...or not, then it's up to Kevin who knows.

So where do we go from here? Keep talking about it when really it's up to admin attitudes? If a new admin starts doing it we'd just correct them, that's all. I don't know what else you want from this discussion.

Does it even matter whether someone writes "admin disrespect" or just "disrespect / insulting", as long as the strength of the punishments is the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread