Admin disrespect (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never asked for any bias towards me and never will. If you see the way I conduct myself unfitting of the situation, you are free to report my post and escalate it to the higher authority.

I am mainly a developer, not a forum or server admin, all though I quick-switch into every role needed. I am here to develop new features and to be the voice of the voiceless, who are afraid to say the things I say in the way I say them. I am not ashamed to conduct myself the way I see fit, whether you find it disgusting or not.
What I am not here for is to get along with anyone. I consider a bunch of people here friends, the rest consists of people who I do not know and people who I do not want to know(such as yourself).

As for the asshole part. Am I an asshole because I prefer to add to a discussion by stating facts and speaking out my opinions to the point where others dare not go instead of being a "+1 great application friendo!"-fag? Go make your own mind up about it, we obviously are not even on the same page.

Then how about you say it that way instead of making up excuses after? Your english seems just fine to me.

While I am able to create such guides, I am not going to interfere with the senior-circlejerk. Also since when are forum admins responsible for managing staff efficiency?

As for the rest of your post: You are literally a fucking idiot, now go ahead and report this, scrutinize me, try to dig up something about my real life so you can claim I am such a sad, sorry-assed loser, or just accept the fact that I don't like you based entirely on the way you conduct yourself here.

I am amused every time someone steps up to me and calls me rude. You are the same cunts that like my posts when I make fun of others but when you are the target, you are trying to play the abuse card. If that's not the saddest part about all of this then I really don't know.

To those of you who understand my posts, power to you!
To those who don't, don't read them, report them, judge me as a person for them or even insult me back, I don't care because I am not going to throw rocks and not expect to get any thrown back at me. Fair game.

I don't think I've ever liked any of your posts, nor do I find it funny when you 'target' others. I find it quite sad actually, that you, as the mature administrator you're supposed to be, can allow yourself to be such an asshole towards other people. Sure, we all have someone we don't like (like yourself), but that doesn't mean you can call them idiots, and fags.

And I am not the type of person to just come with a ''+1 good friend'', I come with feedback and examples, which I base my vote upon, so I think you should get out of here with your stupid prejudices about me.

And I am not going to spend any of my time digging into your private life, which you would also assume that I would do.

And if you're not supposed to create some guidelines for us 'amateur' admins who cannot handle admin disrespect situations right, then who are? You are literally the only one, who has the time and probably correct knowledge, to make such things for us.

And eh, I'm not making excuses, I am correcting myself since I obviously explained myself wrongly, which you could learn something from.

If you're the voice for the voiceless, then who are you speaking for, against me? Since I can clearly see (you even stated it yourself) you don't like me and think that I'm an idiot. Since you think you're the voice of the voiceless, you op yourself because you're a forum administrator, which you literally just told me, was stupid to do, just because I'm an admin.

I'm not saying you should get out of here, but you are the root of all drama here, you don't even do anything here, such as administrating the forums, which you are supposed to do, since that's the only reason you can allow yourself to act like a complete asshole.

Right well, this has been wonderful.
Not sure what we got out of this. Does anybody have a conclusion?

Does anybody have a conclusion?

conclusion?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Madact
I never asked for any bias towards me and never will. If you see the way I conduct myself unfitting of the situation, you are free to report my post and escalate it to the higher authority.

I am mainly a developer, not a forum or server admin, all though I quick-switch into every role needed. I am here to develop new features and to be the voice of the voiceless, who are afraid to say the things I say in the way I say them. I am not ashamed to conduct myself the way I see fit, whether you find it disgusting or not.
What I am not here for is to get along with anyone. I consider a bunch of people here friends, the rest consists of people who I do not know and people who I do not want to know(such as yourself).

As for the asshole part. Am I an asshole because I prefer to add to a discussion by stating facts and speaking out my opinions to the point where others dare not go instead of being a "+1 great application friendo!"-fag? Go make your own mind up about it, we obviously are not even on the same page.

Then how about you say it that way instead of making up excuses after? Your english seems just fine to me.

While I am able to create such guides, I am not going to interfere with the senior-circlejerk. Also since when are forum admins responsible for managing staff efficiency?

As for the rest of your post: You are literally a fucking idiot, now go ahead and report this, scrutinize me, try to dig up something about my real life so you can claim I am such a sad, sorry-assed loser, or just accept the fact that I don't like you based entirely on the way you conduct yourself here.

I am amused every time someone steps up to me and calls me rude. You are the same cunts that like my posts when I make fun of others but when you are the target, you are trying to play the abuse card. If that's not the saddest part about all of this then I really don't know.

To those of you who understand my posts, power to you!
To those who don't, don't read them, report them, judge me as a person for them or even insult me back, I don't care because I am not going to throw rocks and not expect to get any thrown back at me. Fair game.
I don't think I've ever liked any of your posts, nor do I find it funny when you 'target' others. I find it quite sad actually, that you, as the mature administrator you're supposed to be, can allow yourself to be such an asshole towards other people. Sure, we all have someone we don't like (like yourself), but that doesn't mean you can call them idiots, and fags.

And I am not the type of person to just come with a ''+1 good friend'', I come with feedback and examples, which I base my vote upon, so I think you should get out of here with your stupid prejudices about me.

And I am not going to spend any of my time digging into your private life, which you would also assume that I would do.

And if you're not supposed to create some guidelines for us 'amateur' admins who cannot handle admin disrespect situations right, then who are? You are literally the only one, who has the time and probably correct knowledge, to make such things for us.

And eh, I'm not making excuses, I am correcting myself since I obviously explained myself wrongly, which you could learn something from.

If you're the voice for the voiceless, then who are you speaking for, against me? Since I can clearly see (you even stated it yourself) you don't like me and think that I'm an idiot. Since you think you're the voice of the voiceless, you op yourself because you're a forum administrator, which you literally just told me, was stupid to do, just because I'm an admin.

I'm not saying you should get out of here, but you are the root of all drama here, you don't even do anything here, such as administrating the forums, which you are supposed to do, since that's the only reason you can allow yourself to act like a complete asshole.
fite!!!

Unless you have anything to say on topic, kindly, fuck off and go back to Tumblr ( this is for everyone ).

Before anyone else posts that "You're doing something better for the community" or "If they insult me, an admin, they insult the community", let me say this - none of you are saints nor has anyone given you the privilege to treat yourselves as such.

You know how "mature" the playerbase is, you knew what you signed up for when you volunteered to administrate the servers. Using those 2 excuses is completely fucking useless and redundant at this point.

You either make the amount of time a person is punished for insulting on par with admin disrespect or remove it as a reason - you can count pretty much anything with a hint of negativity towards you as disrespect and punish them for it for 4x the time you'd punish someone for insulting a player.

Stop being entitled that you're doing something good and get that shitty mentality out of your heads. You're doing your job, suck it up. Just because you're a full time worker doesn't mean that you have more rights than the janitor - both of you can be disposed of, the only little difference between the two is input.

Unless you have anything to say on topic, kindly, fuck off and go back to Tumblr ( this is for everyone ).

Before anyone else posts that "You're doing something better for the community" or "If they insult me, an admin, they insult the community", let me say this - none of you are saints nor has anyone given you the privilege to treat yourselves as such.

You know how "mature" the playerbase is, you knew what you signed up for when you volunteered to administrate the servers. Using those 2 excuses is completely fucking useless and redundant at this point.

You either make the amount of time a person is punished for insulting on par with admin disrespect or remove it as a reason - you can count pretty much anything with a hint of negativity towards you as disrespect and punish them for it for 4x the time you'd punish someone for insulting a player.

Stop being entitled that you're doing something good and get that shitty mentality out of your heads. You're doing your job, suck it up. Just because you're a full time worker doesn't mean that you have more rights than the janitor - both of you can be disposed of, the only little difference between the two is input.
Oh hawwis, your honesty saddens me that you left.

This pretty much sums up the thread at the moment
dw2a2.jpg

If this is an actual debate, then by now surely it would be in favour of having the rules rewritten to remove "admin disrespect" and replace it with an overall rule of disrespect, as the only side of the debate providing unique comments is the side against keeping the current rules, as the opposition keep sprouting the same things Pootis have already mentioned, just in a slightly different way. //Evidence// (Not sure what side Madact is vouching for, so Madact has been left out of the survey)

" but lacking respect to the people who volunterely spends his/hers time, trying to keep the server on a mature level, is worse if you ask me." - Pootis

"insulting the admins gives a longer punishment." - Pootis

"In my opinion insulting/disrespecting an admin is worth a harder punishment" - Zeprus

"in my eyes if you insult an admin (trial, gameserver, senior, owner):
1°) you insult a representative of the community so you insult the community itself.
2°) you insult someone working to make the server a better place
3°) you insult someone working for players." - OxyGenE

"To be honest EVERYTHING I would've said has already been said/written" - TEXAS (Admitting to lack of reasoning behind the oppositions views)

"this person should deserve a more severe punishment in some way as they technicly "insulted the community" " - TEXAS

Evidence from the side against the "admin disrespect" rule

"For some god damn reason, admin disrespect is treated way differently than insulting ( which it usually is, let's be honest) and the punishment is way more harsh than a simple 30/60 minute mute as it usually goes." - Hawwis

"I'm talking from past experience here. I've seen admins punish for it and it's not exactly pretty compared to what you'd get if you'd insult another player instead of an admin." - Hawwis

"I was insulted numerous times when I was doing my job, yet I always treated it as a simple insult because I'm really no different than the average player." - Hawwis

"Admins in a community are here to enforce rules and make sure everyone is having a fair and fun time, but are still apart of the players. So why would insulting said player, who enforces the rules make you an exception from the 'fair rules'" - Yeld

"offensive language and verbal abuse is a flexible topic, you can not add static to it. There are several factors such as:
a) how many people were abused
b) the form of the verbal abuse(simple insults towards in-game conduct such as skill or fairness, personal insults, racial and ethnic insults etc.)
c) the amount of the verbal abuse
d) did the abuse continue despite vocal attempts to stop it
and so on and so forth." - Inu

"Ever since the senior admin event you guys seem to have developed an addiction to controlling and regulating everything you can, but what you seem to have forgotten is that each and every one of you is a player like anyone else." - Inu

"There is no such thing as "admin disrespect"
Being an administrator is a role, a role is not a life-form, but a job you do.
Therefore, you cannot disrespect the role as a role cannot act, or portray anything by itself, as it requires somebody to carry out the work the role describes." - A wise opinion

"why is the average time for admin disrespect 4x what the usual length is for insulting? Are admins that sensitive that they feel 4x insulted than the average player?" - Hawwis

Notice how the latter examples are much more developed, and funnily enough aren't identical like the opposition's remarks.

If this is an actual debate, then by now surely it would be in favour of having the rules rewritten to remove "admin disrespect" and replace it with an overall rule of disrespect, as the only side of the debate providing unique comments is the side against keeping the current rules, as the opposition keep sprouting the same things Pootis have already mentioned, just in a slightly different way. //Evidence// (Not sure what side Madact is vouching for, so Madact has been left out of the survey)

" but lacking respect to the people who volunterely spends his/hers time, trying to keep the server on a mature level, is worse if you ask me." - Pootis

"insulting the admins gives a longer punishment." - Pootis

"In my opinion insulting/disrespecting an admin is worth a harder punishment" - Zeprus

"in my eyes if you insult an admin (trial, gameserver, senior, owner):
1°) you insult a representative of the community so you insult the community itself.
2°) you insult someone working to make the server a better place
3°) you insult someone working for players." - OxyGenE

"To be honest EVERYTHING I would've said has already been said/written" - TEXAS (Admitting to lack of reasoning behind the oppositions views)

"this person should deserve a more severe punishment in some way as they technicly "insulted the community" " - TEXAS

Evidence from the side against the "admin disrespect" rule

"For some god damn reason, admin disrespect is treated way differently than insulting ( which it usually is, let's be honest) and the punishment is way more harsh than a simple 30/60 minute mute as it usually goes." - Hawwis

"I'm talking from past experience here. I've seen admins punish for it and it's not exactly pretty compared to what you'd get if you'd insult another player instead of an admin." - Hawwis

"I was insulted numerous times when I was doing my job, yet I always treated it as a simple insult because I'm really no different than the average player." - Hawwis

"Admins in a community are here to enforce rules and make sure everyone is having a fair and fun time, but are still apart of the players. So why would insulting said player, who enforces the rules make you an exception from the 'fair rules'" - Yeld

"offensive language and verbal abuse is a flexible topic, you can not add static to it. There are several factors such as:
a) how many people were abused
b) the form of the verbal abuse(simple insults towards in-game conduct such as skill or fairness, personal insults, racial and ethnic insults etc.)
c) the amount of the verbal abuse
d) did the abuse continue despite vocal attempts to stop it
and so on and so forth." - Inu

"Ever since the senior admin event you guys seem to have developed an addiction to controlling and regulating everything you can, but what you seem to have forgotten is that each and every one of you is a player like anyone else." - Inu

Therefore, you cannot disrespect the role as a role cannot act, or portray anything by itself, as it requires somebody to carry out the work the role describes." - A wise opinion

"why is the average time for admin disrespect 4x what the usual length is for insulting? Are admins that sensitive that they feel 4x insulted than the average player?" - Hawwis

Notice how the latter examples are much more developed, and funnily enough aren't identical like the opposition's remarks.
I'm glad you share your opinion but it isn't about unique comments, it's more about arguments. And half of the stuff you listed weren't arguments (on both sides).

Here, have a rainbow (unique isn't it?):
http://dreamatico.com/data_images/rainbow/rainbow-3.jpg

My mistake - They are all unique points that contribute towards the overall argument against the opposition.

Whether my use of vocabulary was incorrect or not, the gist is still present, as the opposition has essentially written the same point multiple times, whereas those vouching for a new "all for one" rule of disrespect are all unique and not identical.

(Your rainbow is unique Zeprus, however it has nothing to do with the topic at hand ;))

Talking about the use of the same argument/point:

Gags/mutes for admin disrespecting are longer than normal ones:

Admins are players too:
(Where does that even come from?)

apparently red and blue are now the same colour guys.

ooh ooh ooh. I forgot to mention something so I'm editing this in.

You're forgetting the fact that the opposition's argument was centered around one key point - mentioned previously, yet you managed to pick out 3 different points that had been rewritten, and since 3>1 my points still stand. (most of them)

(Where does that even come from?)
I'm not quite sure how intelligent you are so I'll rewrite it in a dumb way ;)
If an admin and players build up a community, then why should a person who enforces the rules(That's the admins) be treated any differently then the players.
In a society(the real world) if you give a random person the middle finger you wouldn't get arrested nor would you if you did it to a police officer.(I'm making a reference to 'random person' being a player and 'police officer' being an admin.)
If you threw an insult such as "you're doing a shit job" at a random person you wouldn't get arrested, and again nor would you if you insulted a police officer.
Now if you used 'fighting insults' such as threatening someone whether it be a random person or a police officer the outcome is the same and you can get arrested for it, and the punishment would be the same.(again making a reference to players and admins)
In both cases on a server if someone was threatened, something would be done about it, but why should it matter what 'rank' the person that was insulted is? Surely they should serve the same punishment to who ever they insult.

You could also look at it in another way, if you want to. If an admin or a player broke the same rule, they would get the same punishment. So surely if admins and players are treated the same, then the same punishment should be handed out no matter who was insulted.

That's the job of the senior team, which I am not part of afaik.

This fucking guy. For the very last time, I am a dev, not a forum administrator. You would not even know if I worked on this site 24/7 because people take constant development for granted and yet I am accused of doing nothing, when I am doing far more important things than giving people warnings for being big bad meanies to each other. If securing and improving this place is nothing but creating drama, then please take my role you absolute Einstein.

I'll also repeat myself in stating that you are free to report me, I will not handle my own report or do anything pushy to start a bias. Everyone has their right to be offended by my posts and I understand that, so I invite you to either grow a thicker skin or simply report my offensive content and we'll see what happens then.

OT:
Admin disrespect = player disrespect. There is no difference.

I have owned and still own communities, have ran my fair set of staff and the most important rule for me personally was always: "Remember who you are." You are a player, not a title or a rank. In my time of administrating hightower I have had many people trashtalking me and I laughed and joked with them. My authority not being respected because I do not play dictator was never an issue on the server or any servers I have owned/administrated.

You should respect someone for being the person they are, not for their expensive suit. Never punish someone for doing something to you if you would not punish them for doing the exact same thing to a "normal player".

May I suggest something?

Maybe you guys should make a poll since opinions are not meeting a common ground. Then we'll take it from there with the results?

basically it sums up to this: insult player xxx for being an idiot for this and that, its alright
say the exact same thing to an admin and you're the (banned) asshole forever

sometimes it feels like you can do whatever the fuck you want on panda if you're an admin and everybody who opens their mouths gets kicked/banned/whatever. just take a look at the jb server, chat/console is filled with admins slapping eachother, playing sounds etc, nobody cares if people actually want to use the chat

i played on hightower dm for an hour, it was 3v7, an admin was on, i asked about some balance, admin said auto-balance is broken, there's nothing he/she can do about it.
that should say something, or a lot, if admins can't even teamswitch people...

basically it sums up to this: insult player xxx for being an idiot for this and that, its alright
say the exact same thing to an admin and you're the (banned) asshole forever

You're not taking the distinction into account. I refer you back to my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread