vsh_golfo_beach [ new map in the works! ] (1 Viewer)

Falkì

Here's a preview of the map.
vsh_golfo_beach0000.jpg

So, to let you know early:
there should be water ( obviously );
there are only small ammo packs and health kits, with the exception of a full health kit in water depths;
the map is really big, as you can see ( Hale can cross the entire map in 3/4 super jumps, I think );
On the left you can see a hotel, in the middle there's a small shop and the beach, in the right there is a "cinema place" and more on the way there will be a high place with a trampoline.

Now what I want to know from you:
where do you think it's better to put Hale and Players' spawns?

Reactions: chaz and Skorpieo
Map is still not ready.
Feel free to try it.

Attachments

• vsh_golfo_beach.bsp
    8.1 MB · Views: 288
Map looks great! A bit dark, but as long as both teams are visible that's OK.

I believe that water (especially tons of it) will be a hard thing to balance. Is the water hazardous? If not, how do you plan on stopping engineers from knocking hale into the water to the point that he has an incredibly hard time getting out? Also, make sure buildings are not placable on water, there's a map where that's possible to do and with 3 engies Hale cannot win.

And to answer your question: Hale's spawn should be about 1.5 super jumps away from red's spawn. Red might also need multiple spawn points, but do remember that the further Hale is away from the spawn points, the more time red has to set up and - with such a big map - this can get out of hand real fast.

And some minor things that you should just check to be sure: make sure that certain spots can also be accessed by HHH junior and take the tiny rage radius of the CBS into account. It would also be good to have the houses and other buildings be accessible through multiple entry points, so that Hale has an easier time getting through choke points.

And lastly: are there enough ammo packs? Such a big map with only small ammo packs sounds scary. If there's a large health kit, then there should also be a large/medium ammo pack somewhere. Otherwise you'd have big problems if there are no engineers on your team.

That's all and I wish you luck on further polishing and balancing your map! I'm looking forward to something new to play; getting tired of weaponsdepot --> 2fortdesk --> ravine --> military area --> military zone which is literally military area with a bunker

vsh_golfo_beach0006.jpg vsh_golfo_beach0007.jpg vsh_golfo_beach0008.jpg vsh_golfo_beach0010.jpg
vsh_golfo_beach0009.jpg

I tried to make the skybox as bad as possible

dat map allmost so thicc like ma busty boi dustshowdown

• Funny
Reactions: Falkì
file:

Attachments

• vsh_golfo_beach.bsp
    15.3 MB · Views: 297
Looks really good to me. I have no experience in map creating so I cant give that much advice/criticism. All I can say is definitely make it brighter. People hate dark maps.

• Agree
Reactions: Matth

Users who are viewing this thread