Pending [VSH] Sniper knockback: A Modest Proposal (1 Viewer)

Nerf Sniper Knockback?

• No change

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abject

Donator
This topic has been talked about for years and despite some feeble efforts nothing has ever changed.
Sniper can completely halt hale's momentum midair with a single shot from any range, regardless of charge level and no matter if it's a headshot or not.

If I were to take this thread from earlier this year at face value, I'm to believe that the issue has been dealt with. However, after 2 seconds of actually playing on the server one can verify that whatever the fix supposedly is, it does absolutely nothing.

I am here today to propose what I believe to be a rather elegant solution to the problem.

Sniper rifles deal knockback only on headshots.
Not only will this completely remove any knockback from bodyshots and unscoped shots, it will also introduce the long lost mechanic of headshots back to vsh. Headshots should always have been core part of sniper gameplay and for some reason it was decided that sniping on vsh needs to be as easy as humanly possible.

Few things to note:
This change would not affect Huntsman in any way.
The Classic can still noscope headshot when fully charged, as usual.
Yes, Sydney Sleeper deals way too much damage on headshots... I actually have prepared a separate fix for this, but I want this poll to be concise. Do comment below if you are interested, however.

This is one of the many VSH changes I've been working on with @Heather and @Kruphixx . Has been tested and is ready to be implemented at the big man's request.

Missing the old days of bushwacka sniper **needing** headshots to even compete for dmg, but knockback definitely feels like a great step towards making sniper not feel brutal to play against (especially against our resident sniper players @haze and many other top20 players)

It already got its nerf, but i was told that it doesn't work on every rifle..?

It does not work on ANY rifle...
I don't know why but it worked on my test server when i showed it to Kruph, an issue on Panda i suppose? idk

You are telling me you didn't bother making sure it works on the actual server... :thinking:
Ever heard of quality assurance?
Not something i can control without having access to the server itself

Not something i can control without having access to the server itself
You can't join the server for one(1) round to see that your nerf is working? Or ask someone who actually plays there?
Sure you can't just fix it yourself but surely you could have seen that it does not function and then let Kevin know.
Don't come here telling me that "ummm achually it is nerfed" when it isn't.

I joined the Server and the nerf did happen. The nerf simply was not enough.
Whenever everything was uploaded on Kevin's side or not is out of my hand.
I have talked to Kevin and have informed him about everything concerning this.

There's a clear question mark in my first response, I'm unsure about this unnecessary hostility in your last sentence. I'm just going to ignore it.
This will be my last response to this thread, as I do not feel like this worth to argue over on a suggestion. DM me if there's anything else you wish to discuss.

When I came back to play vsh, it had been maybe 2 months, at best, since the supposed nerf was implemented. From my point of view, there has never been a sniper nerf. Knockback still cripples hale the same as before. If any such nerf is currently taking effect on the vsh server, its impact is so insignificant that it might as well not exist in the first place.
So your point of it having worked on your end is completely irrelevant to me. I am also fully aware that Kevin is needed to implement any changes, not sure why you keep repeating it. I don't believe I asked you to fix it?

Everyone in this community knows that changes can take months, even years to implement... thus seeing such half-assed attempts getting accepted is incredibly frustrating. Surely you can understand this.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of opportunities to argue with me further in my future threads. Your not gonna get me sliding into your DMs that easily :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread