Declined [VSH] Small random hale buffs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky

Heya all, so I noticed that many maps are very favourable for the red team, such as military or Skyhigh. And in general I see hales loose 80% of the time, so I was thinking that maybe every hale could get their own specific random buff every round.
So ill just get started right off with some basic ideas that could apply to both a specific hale or in general.

General Buffs:​

+5-20% Damage (You could name it differently depending on the boss, like "sharpened" or "extra strength"
+5-20% Move Speed (Speedy)
+5-20% Melee Reach (You could name it differently depending on the boss, or just "extra reach"
+5-20% Jump Height (For HHH it could be Teleport cooldown)
+5-20% Rage increase (This could be ment for both cooldown and scare radius)
+5-20% Swing Speed (Could just be called like the rtd "fast hands", but idk if thatd confuse people)

Specific Special Hale Buffs:​

Saxton Hale:
- Strong Punch (knocks players away upon hit)
- Earthquake (Does AoE damage upon landing from a weightdown)
- Manly Scream (Enables strong shaking of the screen and drunk Walk upon activating rage)

Christian Brutal Sniper:
- Fire Arrows
- Explosive Arrows
- Slightly Homing Arrows
- Ricocheting Arrows
- Melee Bleeding

Easter Bunny:
- Egg Festival (Drops 1,5x as many eggbombs as usual upon activating rage)
- Crit Eggs (Duration of crit eggs are longer)
- Spicy Eggs (causes players to burn for a few seconds upon getting hit by a egg bomb)

Vagineer:
- Sentry Wrench (spawns a mini sentry near hale upon activating rage)
- Sentry Takeover (turns red sentries into hales sentries for 3 seconds upon rage)

HHH:
- Rampage (Increased Movement speed upon rage)
- Spooky Murder (makes Red Team scared around a small radius of a killed person by the hale)
- Pumpkin Teleport (spawns a circle of explosive pumpkins around the hale that self detonate after 3 seconds of teleportation)

I think every buff should have a around 5-20% activation chance for every round, so its still possible that the hale will spawn without any buffs. This way it would make every round more interesting and a bit more challenging.
I know this is a lot to implement, and I also think that both the red and blue team should be told what buffs the hale got, so they can mentally prepare for it.
If you have any ideas on buffs, or maybe even debuffs for hale or red team, let me know!

Reactions: Jiji and Aerial
Now, I totally AGREE on hale buffs, but in opinion i will decline what i think is "Too much".

First for saxton hale:
The knockback might not be that useful. there is not always an edge to make reds fall, So knockback will help hyprid Demo to survive, Spy to escape, Even heavy might make it out.

Earthquake, Yes :) thats cool.

manly scream, tbh i think it will be annoying and make the game less fun.. So i disagree on it. scream radius is already high So i would say just make the reds slower? maybe?
Its Saxton the basic hale, so i think doesn't need big changes.

Sec is for CBS:

fire arrows, Yes sure :)

Any other buff arrows, No :c c'mon he is the only shooting hale and wanna add explosive ":/

melee bleeding, yes :)

Easter Bunny:

Yes >_>.

HHH:

YES, i agree on all buffs, except Spooky murder xD its too much, also not able to jump is a major downside, So reduce cooldown.

Vag:

he gets uber, Mini sentry, TAKEOVER?, on a single rage ":O.

I don't mind the little mini sentry, because probably can get destroyed.

BUT takeover Man thats Horrific, looking at my own son look at me and blast me with four rockets :"c </3 Sadness

Absolutely disagree on Takeover buff.

I personally feel like vsh is really balanced right now the only thing that needs a change is knockback values which @UberMedicFully said will work on them (I think).

• Happy
Reactions: Joseph Papa Stalin
Btw want to mention that hale loses more than 80% .

Btw the special buffs I mentioned dont need to be all at once, its only a slim chance for them all to get activated afterall

Reactions: Aerial
Still, no harm in trying out new stuff.
well vsh players do not use forums but I do know that they like the way panda vsh is, it is classic and doesn't have too much shit.

Theres still the problem of many maps having godlike spots or exploits for red to use against the hale, which is why hale usually looses in most rounds as he easily gets destroyed by those godtier spots

Theres still the problem of many maps having godlike spots or exploits for red to use against the hale, which is why hale usually looses in most rounds as he easily gets destroyed by those godtier spots
by those maps you mean skyhigh i don't think any other maps have that big an issue, and it has been updated by falki it only needs to be implemented

by those maps you mean skyhigh i don't think any other maps have that big an issue, and it has been updated by falki it only needs to be implemented
Military, 2FortDesk, crevice, streets, mariokart, zelda, bianco, warebloom, and other maps also got some points of interest that are very in favour of red or the maps themselves are just so cramped that hale easily gets overwhelmed

Military, 2FortDesk, crevice, streets, mariokart, zelda, bianco, warebloom, and other maps also got some points of interest that are very in favour of red or the maps themselves are just so cramped that hale easily gets overwhelmed
Military it is only hard because of the knockback
2fort is actually high favored on hale if you know how to play( by super jumping every time when you on your platform )
I don't know how crevice is red you can also do a really big jump using the platform if you know how to use it
Streets got updated as well and its knockback heaven as well
mariokart is only hard to kill engis that are on the cloud which is updated as well to not be able to
zelda, bianco I do not remember them that much I think bianco is the one with the big windmill in the middle hale can also abuse the platform there.
warebloom is a really shit map but I think it is still going to be easy win if knockback is fixed

I personally feel like vsh is really balanced right now the only thing that needs a change is knockback values which @UberMedicFully said will work on them (I think).
Honestly don't think that is true, the knockback is an issue, but I kinda doubt that's gonna be an end all be all fix to basically no one playing hale and most people that do losing.

Honestly don't think that is true, the knockback is an issue, but I kinda doubt that's gonna be an end all be all fix to basically no one playing hale and most people that do losing.
good hales are already winning rounds without knockback changes, trust me when I say this if the knockback changes get added those hales will probably win everytime so buffing the hale even more makes no sense to me

good hales are already winning rounds without knockback changes, trust me when I say this if the knockback changes get added those hales will probably win everytime so buffing the hale even more makes no sense to me
Yes good Hales, but even some good Hales have a tough time winning. What does that say about someone who isn't insane at playing Hale though. Like even with the changes its probably gonna be really tough to win.

Like I get your point, but still have my doubts about it. It might make it playable for players that aren't as good, but no way to tell right now.

Yes good Hales, but even some good Hales have a tough time winning. What does that say about someone who isn't insane at playing Hale though. Like even with the changes its probably gonna be really tough to win.
well go watch a good hale play they either don't want to use rage cause they challenge themselves to win like that, they could make misplays happens to everyone and most importantly is the knockback, no good hale has a hard time killing classes that don't have a lot of knockback.
A good example is weaponsdepot if there are snipers that can stop your jump at the start of the round it is extremely hard to win since the hale misses the opportunity to kill people off the start, if the knockback change comes I dont think that will be the same result.

Reactions: Scudi37 and Aerial
skyhigh, 2fortdesk, military, mariokart, leak, storage and weaponsdepot(the new redux panda is good tho), streets, cosmos, warebloom, snowglobe, ETC >_> wdym skyhigh only..

skyhigh, 2fortdesk, military, mariokart, leak, storage and weaponsdepot(the new redux panda is good tho), streets, cosmos, warebloom, snowglobe, ETC >_> wdym skyhigh only..
Military it is only hard because of the knockback
2fort is actually high favored on hale if you know how to play( by super jumping every time when you on your platform )
I don't know how crevice is red you can also do a really big jump using the platform if you know how to use it
Streets got updated as well and its knockback heaven as well
mariokart is only hard to kill engis that are on the cloud which is updated as well to not be able to
zelda, bianco I do not remember them that much I think bianco is the one with the big windmill in the middle hale can also abuse the platform there.
warebloom is a really shit map but I think it is still going to be easy win if knockback is fixed

I see no point on giving the Bosses on VSH fancy stuff, as it says, Versus Saxton Hale not Freak Fortress 2, I could see this fit more to FF2 than to a gamemode that is supposed to stay classic, as @TWC mentioned, the ONLY real problem with VSH currently is are Knockbacks and dumb weapon stats that are also debuffing the Hale for absolutely no damn reason and Sniper's included dealing too much damage in that gamemode *cough* sydney sleeper moment *cough*

I could see giving CBS bleeding on hit as it fits to his kit and perhaps the Eggs buff on Easter Bunny but otherwise that's really it.
Everything else just don't make sense but that could be me because I see such things way different.

Hi,
This changes just puts VSH more into being another FF2. Depending more on build-in features, rather than skill, map knowlage, strats ect.
I know maps that are mentioned here are pain in ass for hale, but i think is mostly maps problem, not hales itself. We already voted for things to make hale life easier (knockback nerf, pyro airblast nerf) and we really should wait to see how much that helped when its get implemented, rather than buffing hale at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread