Pending [VSH] Remove/Change Quickfix jump (1 Viewer)

Quickfix jump for VSH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scudi37

Donator
Hello,

I am getting sick of quickfix jump from FF2 in VSH, it just throws me in random directions when i don't want it to, and therefore I need to be super focus what class I am healing, to not be thrown into oblivion by accident.

For example: when you are healing demoknight, and out of blue he decides to charge, throwing you with the worst trajectory possible, right into death pit.
OR when you are low health and stand next the dispenser to heal up. But still buff other players around you, and right out of sudden i've got launched in space by pyro flarejump, and of course die from falldamage.
OR in mid-fight with group of teammates, you choose to buff weak soldier, to give him better chance to survive. But you got thrown out of the action by him jumping away.

For me, this feature is not fun and straight up annoying.
I know it supposed to help medic with moving around biggermaps, but for me this feature is so unreliable* to depend on it.

*Often the angle and speed is so different from healing target, that is hard to predict the outcome of the jump. I just end up miles from target.

It is possible to make it weapon specific, like effect works only with quickfix equipped and rest mediguns is normal?
Or make command, for it to enable?
Or just straight up revert it, to be normal again?

Poll is open for 30 days

• Funny
Reactions: Heather and Aerial
It is possible to make it weapon specific, like effect works only with quickfix equipped and rest mediguns is normal?
Both options are possible but the second one requires someone to write a plugin I guess. I'd rather not have this reverted, it can be useful sometimes.

Hello,

I am getting sick of quickfix jump from FF2 in VSH, it just throws me in random directions when i don't want it to, and therefore I need to be super focus what class I am healing, to not be thrown into oblivion by accident.

For example: when you are healing demoknight, and out of blue he decides to charge, throwing you with the worst trajectory possible, right into death pit.
OR when you are low health and stand next the dispenser to heal up. But still buff other players around you, and right out of sudden i've got launched in space by pyro flarejump, and of course die from falldamage.
OR in mid-fight with group of teammates, you choose to buff weak soldier, to give him better chance to survive. But you got thrown out of the action by him jumping away.

For me, this feature is not fun and straight up annoying.
I know it supposed to help medic with moving around biggermaps, but for me this feature is so unreliable* to depend on it.

*Often the angle and speed is so different from healing target, that is hard to predict the outcome of the jump. I just end up miles from target.

Or just straight up revert it, to be normal again?

Poll is open for 30 days
So true,
Ngl I Never liked this feature, And I even complained about it before, But I thought I was The only one thinking that way So I didn't bother making a thread about it.

Anyways, I would rather it to be reverted, But if Option2 is possible(Especially about making it as a Command, Like engie's Amp for example) Then I don't mind that option.

Reactions: Heather and Scudi37
Well since the 2nd option is picked we need @UberMedicFully to confirm if they are even working on VSH anymore.
I'll leave this open for 1 week. If no response from uber, I'll reset the poll to have either remove it or keep it.

Reactions: Scudi37
Well since the 2nd option is picked we need @UberMedicFully to confirm if they are even working on VSH anymore.
I'll leave this open for 1 week. If no response from uber, I'll reset the poll to have either remove it or keep it.
I don't work on VSH anymore.

Since we don't really have anyone to make a plugin, I guess the best option for now would be to revert the change since majority seems against it anyway.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 154417.png

For Kevin: Remove the "144 ; 2.0" attribute to revert the medigun change.

Since we don't really have anyone to make a plugin, I guess the best option for now would be to revert the change since majority seems against it anyway.

View attachment 28426

For Kevin: Remove the "144 ; 2.0" attribute to revert the medigun change.
Okay this is a bit outdated now, with the help of @Zeprus we managed to make it so that only Quick-Fix has the attribute that allows medic to mirror blast jumps. Other mediguns won't have that.

Also other mediguns will no longer be replaced by the custom default medigun, they will now have their respective models. Unfortunately war paints still won't work. Here is an example.

To Kevin: Message me when you're planning to make this change as obviously I won't post the source code here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread