Pending [VSH] Quick-Fix Rework: Need for Speed (1 Viewer)

Rework Quick-Fix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abject

Donator
All mediguns now have the rocket jump mirroring effect of Quick-Fix, as suggested in this thread. However this addition was made with an unfortunate lack of foresight and players were not fully informed of what it truly entails.

So what does this change actually do?
Blast jump mirroring, as previously mentioned. This is undeniably a buff to medic, which is already somewhat questionable. Medic has always been a strong class in VSH, albeit a bit one dimensional due to lack of weapon choices. (Hold that thought)

The real problem however, is that this feature is not an attribute on its own, and instead it comes bundled with the Quick-Fix ubercharge, otherwise known as Megaheal. What Megaheal does is it makes Medic and his patient immune to knockback and most importantly, provides greatly increased healing to both.
Since this healing applies to medic, it will overheal him during uber, and because the medigun in vsh does not suffer from the overheal penalty of vanilla Quick-Fix, Medic is overhealed above one hit range. That’s kind of a big deal. It guarantees that medic can live a hit after uber ends, it also lets medic swap to his other weapons during uber to safely get a free hit in and extend his uber.

This has been a massive buff to medic that was not only unjustified and unnecessary, in none of the threads about the change was it implied that something like this would be added.
I believe what was asked for was the rocket jump mirroring effect and not medic self overheals.
The Quick-Fix mechanic should never have been tacked onto the medigun if it wasn’t possible without the Megaheal.

Also as seen in this thread, some find the jumping effect itself to be annoying, myself included. I voted to keep it separated back then but after looking deeper into this I’m now more inclined to just want it removed.
If the current outcome of the vote gets implemented, we are left with a Quick-Fix that is essentially strictly superior to the other mediguns, which would be beyond disappointing.

But since the jump mechanic is undoubtedly cool and adds more depth to medic, I have theorycrafted and prepared a new version of Quick-Fix for this suggestion.

Currently all mediguns function the exact same way in VSH, this is true for practically every iteration of the gamemode. It’s always a combination of crits and invulnerability, with a faster ubercharge rate and extended uber.
So what if Panda VSH had a never before seen, completely unique alternative medigun for medics to use?

We’ll be keeping most of the vanilla functionality of Quick-Fix. This means faster heal rate, Megaheal, rocket jump mirroring.
All mediguns have a 25% faster ubercharge rate in VSH, quick-fix has 10% faster by default. We'll bump it up to the same rate for now.
No changes to the extended uber and such.
No overheal. This is crucial.
Still grants crits during uber, but no invulnerability.
Grants speed boost during uber. Quick is in the name and the whole jumping thing makes me see this as the mobility focused medigun so I’m leaning into it.

How would this work in practice?
You have faster healing, so you can bring people up to full from critical health faster, but no overhealing. Ideal for healing soldiers and pyros as they have the mobility to get out and they appreciate a medic tagging along.
No need for overheal if you’re not planning on staying to eat a hit. No overheal also means overall faster ubercharge building as you will never suffer the penalty for healing overhealed players.

Crits are there to still add some level of threat towards hale during uber.
However without invulnerability, you are killable and most importantly, rageable.
The speed boost will help stay out of hale's reach, which makes up for the lack of direct protection.

Medic really only has a single loadout to play around with, which is just sad, and adding another medigun option would be a great addition to VSH.
I have concepts in the works for Kritzkrieg and Vaccinator as well. I hope that eventually, we’ll have 4 functionally different mediguns to spice up the medic gameplay, which has remained unchanged for well over a decade.
Suggestions, questions and feedback are appreciated.

Reactions: Skorpieo
As a medic main I'd love to have more options, as it stands currently, the loadout is pretty much always crossbow/any medgun/ubersaw.

I do love that the concept you've provided for it is grounded and fits the weapon without seeming too absurd from the testing I've done with you, definitely nice to have something that doesn't stray from vsh.

However implementing this as a standalone change without other fixes/changes as groundwork beforehand makes it hard to justify at the moment, once vsh has a set of fixes and the balance of some of the stronger classes get sorted it might be easier to justify.

Reactions: meks and Abject
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread