Vsh Medic (2 Viewers)

especially when playing solo

Why are you playing solo medic on VSH? The key to survival is to work together with your team, I don't think Medic needs a buff because let's not forget 2 Medics in a confined area can be total hell for the boss, and if you want to play "solo" then you should be prepared to take the risk of dying more easily, but if you aren't gonna heal your team don't expect them to come and protect you.

imo Medics should be able to rocket jump with soldiers, sticky jump with demos and blast jump with pyros like the effect from the quick-fix

Medics are already OP enough with what white tiger says.
But more in detail:
Medic has 130% uber upon popping it which is incredibly op, Crossbow is always critted doing about 200 damage or more, 15% uber with each crossbow hits, 5% uber with other primary hits and once medic looses uber he gets (almost) instantly 31% uber again
while there may be more things i forgot i dont think medics should be buffed at all.

Did we not had that like 4/5 years ago? That medic flew with you if u made an explosive jump?
But medics kept dying because they got yeeted of roofs/cliffs or directly into the Hale?
I think that was even the reason why it was removed, but could be wrong.

I don't remember if the jumping thing ever existed on panda, it definitely existed on a community I used to play on and I thought it was going to be OP when they announced it but it didn't end up being that bad at all. Now I don't think medic *needs* anything like that, but it would allow a lot more fun, interactive gameplay for Medics. It can end up being a disadvantage even; kind of like how Pyro flarejumps give them a lot of mobility, but in return you often see them everywhere on the map except for near the engineers they're supposed to be protecting. If you're not careful as Medic, you could end up flying places you didn't want. Bottom line it's basically a buff that's not always a buff because it depends strongly on the players using it and the overall team, but would make the class more interactive. I'd be all for it. Not because Medics need to be stronger so much as it would add a unique element to the class that I've been missing.

It also did used to be the case that if a medic ubers, they would overheal themselves to 225 HP. I definitely would not mind this coming back either, as it would add a bit of a post-uber layer of protection that gives them more time to make a getaway/get some uber back with their weapons before being punched to death. Again not something that I feel is needed, but that would benefit people in a good way.

If I remember correctly in the old panda servers medics could revive teammates and also blast jump with them.
The revive teammates thing was incredibly OP but blast jumps were just helpful when I played as Medic.

Nowadays the only OP thing that most medics don't know about is the fact that a Pyro with a Third Degree can farm them 10% uber per hit and also an overhealed Pyro is able to survive 1 hale fist.

This isn't exactly a suggestion, more feedback / dicussion otherwise it would come with a suggestion of what to change.

So I'm moving this into the VSH folder. If you want it to be taken seriously, come up with a solution of what to change with the proper setting that needs changing to do so. Or whatever else.

I think that people don't put enough emphasis on how much uber can do for some classes, you can turn heavy into a solo hale killer. Ubers can be game deciding with countering rage and ubering onto hale aswell as saving the medic themselves.
I think a class with such a game changing ability shouldn't be given more escapes/saving graces than uber itself

This mechanic seems to work better in servers where hale isn't so easily punished by knockback in my experience

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Skorpieo
I think that people don't put enough emphasis on how much uber can do for some classes, you can turn heavy into a solo hale killer. Ubers can be game deciding with countering rage and ubering onto hale aswell as saving the medic themselves.
I think a class with such a game changing ability shouldn't be given more escapes/saving graces than uber itself

Years ago on that other community / this community when it was a thing (still dont remember) I would have 100% agreed with you. At the time however, when it was added even after I was fully against it thinking it would be OP, it ended up being more than fine. I understand all the worries, but I think it's worth experimenting with at the very least.

Years ago on that other community / this community when it was a thing (still dont remember) I would have 100% agreed with you. At the time however, when it was added even after I was fully against it thinking it would be OP, it ended up being more than fine. I understand all the worries, but I think it's worth experimenting with at the very least.
Pocky plays on a server that has it active where it does indeed seem to be balanced, but hale is far more scarier and honestly makes more sense to have in that scenario. But with our hale it feels like it'd just shut him out further the moment more than one medic is actively playing. I get where you're coming from and ultimately yeah it'd probably have to be something we see in action before a verdict on it can truely be passed and i'd love to see it work in a balanced fashion since I do truely miss strafing and would love to pocket skorp for 2v1's against hale.

The issue with adding the ability to jump high as medic, while equipping quick fix, is that you will get one soldier with 10 pocket medics all trying to goomba the hale. I have been playing multiple places with this before, and everyone complains.

If that get’s added, for sure remove goomba, otherwise there will be like 9 suggestions removing the quick fix jump or the goomba (again).

The issue with adding the ability to jump high as medic, while equipping quick fix, is that you will get one soldier with 10 pocket medics all trying to goomba the hale. I have been playing multiple places with this before, and everyone complains.

If that get’s added, for sure remove goomba, otherwise there will be like 9 suggestions removing the quick fix jump or the goomba (again).

On the community where I used to play goomba was active too (in fact, thats where I learned the skill. And it had the buffed version, with 2500 damage). Not only that, but medics were not bound to the quick fix; any medi gun worked, aka the uber/kritz effect remained the exact same. it was at its most powerful you could imagine, and still lead to no issues. If it were to lead to issues here, it would be because of difference in the active playerbase (maybe that community had a better balance of player skill, whereas with the current community it would be more abuseable.

As Heather said, no definitive claims could be made until we see how it works in action.

People already have called me annoying on medic since getting back, I'd be lying to say i'm not excited to see how much more annoying I can be with this + Skorp pocket

Reactions: EvoWarrior5

Users who are viewing this thread