Pending [VSH] Mantreads nerf suggestion (1 Viewer)

Reduce the self-dmg force on mantreads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

I'd like to suggest a nerf to Mantreads, it's been talked about quite a lot in this thread.

I think right now it's pretty absurd, the self-dmg force that the mantreads have is just too high and allows soldiers to easily escape. It's basically a better super jump for soldier with no cooldown., as Abject said in the thread.

It can be especially bad if the last person alive is a soldier with mantreads, with the hale trying to catch them for minutes. I think anyone experienced that at least once. Not sure if anything else needs to be said.

Right now the self-dmg force is set to 1.8 (+80%). Perhaps reducing it to maybe 25-50% would be good enough?

Screenshot 2023-08-23 135722.png

Reactions: Scudi37 and Abject
Get rid of the extra jump force completely. There's no justification for making soldier more mobile.

Mantreads have enough going for them already.
Abject is right, You already get better air control, fall damage reduction and a stomp. Mantreads never needed this extra force, I'd say 10%(may aswell be gone at that point) or removal of the extra launch force

A nice benefit of this kind of change is we can actually start considering soldier class limit changes if he gets into a more balanced state.

Reactions: BluSky and Skorpieo
The poll seems a bit premature and has a fair amount of input from people who don't even play on the server so far, feels like it'd be a mistake to implement any voted for change before properly figuring out what would be a suitable set of changes to vote on.

• Agree
Reactions: meks and Abject
Manntreads currently allow you to become one of the most annoying thing hale is up against, and I think that they deserve a nerf. Trolldiers are like a mosquito, will bite you and gtfo, go to a med pack and come back again. Extra mobility is a key factor and should be reduced to about 30% (to still compete with gunboats)

• Agree
Reactions: _Black
Is it possible to have ur regular medigun equipped instead of the stock one with the quickfix Sound and a horrible default fov?

Might not be a Balance change, but a small quality of life inprovement.

Is it possible to have ur regular medigun equipped instead of the stock one with the quickfix Sound and a horrible default fov?

as far as i'm aware it forces you to equip the custom medigun, as for the sound and default fov, i'm not sure how to go about making those changes as the sound is tied to the buff QF gives and any fov changes would be static, unless i'm wrong. I've got a lot of things to look into.

• Informative

The fov issue among some other things happens pretty much with any weapon that has replaced attributes, not just medigun. No idea if there's a workaround for that.

Also, wrong thread? ;)

• Funny
Can we get a new poll @Madact ?

Looks like people are split between 50% and a complete removal (judging by the comments).

I'd like to see some comparisons between the different percentages. Instead of just slapping 3 relatively meaningless values on the poll there should have been some testing done to determine if these even matter.
For example, can option 1 reach a key health pack from another with a single rocket on some popular map? Can option 2 jump up from the bottom of weapons storage to the middle? You get the idea.

And I can't believe that removal wasn't an option on the poll to begin with... 🤔

I'd like to see some comparisons between the different percentages. Instead of just slapping 3 relatively meaningless values on the poll there should have been some testing done to determine if these even matter.
For example, can option 1 reach a key health pack from another with a single rocket on some popular map? Can option 2 jump up from the bottom of weapons storage to the middle? You get the idea.

And I can't believe that removal wasn't an option on the poll to begin with... 🤔
I tried to make a video comparison but noticed that changing the attribute from 1.8 to anything else just completely breaks it for whatever reason (attribute no longer applies, basically default mantreads). Can't seem to fix it at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Abject
So I've reset the poll to what I believe is wanted by the feedback on this thread and the votes on the last poll.

Also I do apologies as I pre-maturely delete the votes last poll that I don't remember who voted. I'll just tag those that I know voted due to thread feedback and sort of memory of who voted on the old poll so they can vote on the new poll:

@Heather @meks @Kruphixx @Abject @_Black @kszygenda @Brick @BluSky @Skorpieo @Scudi37 @Jim Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread