Declined [VSH/FF2] Map cooldowns (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerial

Hello everyone, I'm going to talk about Map picking and want to discuss with you about it.

So, when we play vsh or ff2, its ALWAYS same 8 or 10 maps.

People keep nominating and voting what for what they like and want,
and hey im not against it, but im against playing the same map ten times a day.

I did discussed it with @Loki. , @Kruphixx , @Darky .
and we did agree its a bit frustrating for some people, and they can't do anything about it, so either play along, go spec or leave.

which is what the suggestion about,

my suggestion is to change the system for map cooldowns, Right now for example we picked military and finished 40 min in it,
we can't pick it again till 5 maps swap, lets change it from map cooldown To time cooldown,

Therefore After picking military(example) and finished it, military won't get picked twice in 10h.

i Wanted to post it to see if anyone else got ideas, or different cooldown time.

@Magglet , @Madact , @Darky , @UberMedicFully , @blood3y , @Kruphixx , @Solar , @Loki. , @jotaro , @Chae , @ImJustaTiger , @RexBG , @m1.exe , @Chermal , @Sayatory , @Cridove , @caff , @Maddox , @real >:3 , @Scudi37 , @♔ Papa Din ♔ , @XTreMe .

Hello everyone, I'm going to talk about Map picking and want to discuss with you about it.

and we did agree its a bit frustrating for some people, and they can't do anything about it, so either play along, go spec or leave.

my suggestion is to change the system for map cooldowns, Right now for example we picked military and finished 40 min in it,
we can't pick it again till 5 maps swap, lets change it from map cooldown To time cooldown,

Therefore After picking military(example) and finished it, military won't get picked twice in 10h.

i Wanted to post it to see if anyone else got ideas, or different cooldown time.

@Magglet , @Madact , @Darky , @UberMedicFully , @blood3y , @Kruphixx , @Solar , @Loki. , @jotaro , @Chae , @ImJustaTiger , @RexBG , @m1.exe , @Chermal , @Sayatory , @Cridove , @caff , @Maddox , @real >:3 , @Scudi37 , @♔ Papa Din ♔ , @XTreMe .
i dont think time limit is possible also i dont think its either a good idea setting a 10h limit per map as what map would there be available if people constantly RTV?

i dont think time limit is possible also i dont think its either a good idea setting a 10h limit per map as what map would there be available if people constantly RTV?
I did talked about it with friends, As we thought if its somehow all maps got picked in these 10h, the cycle get reset and can nominate whatever people want to, also if its not possible to change it to time cooldown, Then might as well increase map cooldown :).

I did talked about it with friends, As we thought if its somehow all maps got picked in these 10h, the cycle get reset and can nominate whatever people want to, also if its not possible to change it to time cooldown, Then might as well increase map cooldown :).
for example the current one is 5 maps swap, what about 8 or 10 swaps?

Its all suggestions, if anyone got a better idea or solution please share it ^^ .

Also a topic that came up was no nominations and maps get randomly picked for the rtv if possible.

Also a topic that came up was no nominations and maps get randomly picked for the rtv if possible.
YES! it would be cool if maps went in order Or random, but we all know many people have preferences So.. lets See what most people will agree on.

Reactions: Loki.
i agree to that also what might be a solution is to increase the amount of maps that have to be played until you can select the same map again
i dunno how many maps are in the map pool rn so lets say if we got 30 maps we gotta play 15 or 20 to select it again

We got 74 maps, so yeah

We got 74 maps, so yeah
OY never knew that.. well i mean we literally play the same 10 maps all the time again, arent we? xD
in this case lets say we gotta play 30 different maps to select it again or a daily reset

i agree to that also what might be a solution is to increase the amount of maps that have to be played until you can select the same map again
i dunno how many maps are in the map pool rn so lets say if we got 30 maps we gotta play 15 or 20 to select it again
i know what you mean, its that recently played phrase right?, to come back to it its 5 maps swap.

i know what you mean, its that recently played phrase right?, to come back to it its 5 maps swap.
yes so if you just increase the amount of maps need to be played until you can select it again we can avoid making a cooldown on these + we are forced to play "different maps"
maybe its a good idea to add a short cooldown on RTV after a map change to not instantly change it afterwards

Reactions: Aerial
yes so if you just increase the amount of maps need to be played until you can select it again we can avoid making a cooldown on these + we are forced to play "different maps"
maybe its a good idea to add a short cooldown on RTV after a map change to not instantly change it afterwards
I feel like playing atleast half the map time should be a thing before being able to rtv

Reactions: Aerial and Sayatory
There are cooldowns already, it will be shown if the map was played, it's usually around 60 minutes if im not wrong or depending on the amount of map changes.
If the map changes are the case, it can be increased.

There are cooldowns already, it will be shown if the map was played, it's usually around 60 minutes if im not wrong or depending on the amount of map changes.
It definitely needs to be way longer

Yes uber, we wish it takes much MUCH longer, its not about a single map

they're like 10 maps get repeated all day.

I Don't think its about time, I asked @Kruphixx for it and he said every 5 maps, guess we just increase it to something like 7 or 8 maps.

I Don't think its about time, I asked @Kruphixx for it and he said every 5 maps, guess we just increase it to something like 7 or 8 maps.
7 to 8 would still not be enough honestly, more like 15 atleast.

a simple solution to that "problem" might be just to nominate your maps a little bit before when the voting about the next map is coming, and because people rarely think and are clicking "4" to choose the first map (hell there's even a reminder in the map selection window, which says: "don't vote thoughtlessly and select a map which you want" or something similar to that), they will most likely choose your map, if you really have problem with the likings of the other people.
Increasing the cooldown is not necessary, as we deprive that way the players from choosing their favorite maps, which aren't probably a lot, and the current cooldown is actually long enough, the point is for everyone to have their fun and not deprive anyone of anything.
And a tip from me, when suggesting something (as you're right now suggesting for longer cooldown, could be for other weapon suggestion's stats, etc), at least have in mind a precisely defined amount for that subject to add/remove, followed with of course a good reason behind it, as we might lead this to completely chaotic situation with a lot of different opinions, and you get the idea of what happens after that.
What is the meaning of this, if I understood correctly, you just said that you want the whole nomination process to be removed and make it all RNG based?? I said above and will say it again, we're talking about the players and the freedom of nominating their favorite maps, instead of waiting for hours for hopefully some map, which they *might* like. That suggestion is something that I will instantly disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread