On Hold !uw Jailbreak (redux) (1 Viewer)

Add this

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

Donator
I would like to suggest bringing the retire warden feature back to the jailbreak servers. This would function like such
  • Round begins, first warden is randomly selected
  • Said warden does not want to be warden, does !uw
  • Any player on blue team can claim warden with !w OR similar to warden disconnects, a new warden will be randomly selected after 5 seconds
This could allow people with bad/no mics the opportunity to join blue team and in turn, give the admins less to worry about via mic checks or just allow people the opportunity to play blue without being forced to be warden. An obvious possible downside to this is there might be situations nobody on blue is capable of taking warden, few and far between in my experience however and in my opinion not a very strong reason to hold this down. One might argue there's also potential for "bullying" to occur and others encouraging certain people to retire from warden, this is already an unfortunate issue that happens today (except people just ask them to leave) and I do not believe implementing this would worsen this "too much."

The current cvar on the TF2Jail plugin is completely washed, so this will have to be a "Redux" based suggestion. Implementing this would also include some various changes to the current ruleset, but the jailbreak admins can discuss and make changes to this internally (If this suggestion is passed)

If there are any other concerns or comments related to this you can think of, kindly leave a comment. Thanks

I agree with this except for allowing those who do not have a mic to join blue. It's already hectic enough having to understand what other blues are saying if the warden just doesn't want to use an off-mic order. Most Blues don't even read chat half the time to acknowledge repeats. I doubt they would acknowledge one another.

Would you write into the ruleset, can only unwarden before the first command is given?

or would you be allowed to just go, eh fuck this an UW whenever?

Reactions: Bambi
Wouldn't you end up with alot more trigger-happy retards in blu if you remove the responsibility for guards to take on the warden role every now and then?

The prospect of getting randomly selected as warden probably discourages players with poor decisionmaking or gamemode knowledge from joining blu and maybe that's a good thing??

• Informative
Reactions: Bambi and scootyman
Would you write into the ruleset, can only unwarden before the first command is given?

or would you be allowed to just go, eh fuck this an UW whenever?
I neglected to mention this part. Frankly I'm not too sure, I was on the end of allowing it throughout the entire round as there are some situations where people feel too pressured to continue on, leading to some bad cases where illegal games are preformed like meatgrinder/something to speed up the round. But at the same time I could see why this should be limited to until cells opened/round start. What would you say?

Wouldn't you end up with alot more trigger-happy retards in blu if you remove the responsibility for guards to take on the warden role every now and then?
I'm not sure how fair it is to assume we'll get an influx of nazi guards just because they don't have the need to go warden, the server stays pretty cool about this since we the admins have aimed down on stopping people from acting irrationally and suddenly on blue team.

The prospect of getting randomly selected as warden probably discourages players with poor decisionmaking or gamemode knowledge from joining blu and maybe that's a good thing??
Perhaps. At the other end of the spectrum though, I can say we have quite a few people who would love the chance to join blue team and are absolutely fine in their "decision-making" and "overall knowledge" but have physical limitations. Some of this believe it or not has even made it's way to the forums, give this a look if you would https://www.panda-community.com/thr...ople-to-be-guards-without-a-microphone.27182/
Ultimately though, I think this part really comes down to a pro/con weigh decision. Do the pro's outweigh the potential cons?

Thanks for the responses

I generally think that allowing it for the entire round would need to rules structured around it. One problem I can think off is maybe if they just randomly type !uw then mass rebellion and the new warden doesn't stand a chance of getting the round under control.

I know it would be hard to impose but suggesting something like, announce your unwardening 10 seconds before doing it might help.

1650888506059.png

Basically if the plugin should consider you as warden or not. Having this means that in the scenario autobalance kicks in, it should first kick off the people that do not want to be warden, while still letting the people have the chance to be on blu. Practically eliminating the possibility of having an entire blu team of people not wanting to be warden.
I do not really want to have the !uw command implemented for people that just don't feel like it, but rather for moments that do not require an admin to be on.

One problem I can think off is maybe if they just randomly type !uw then mass rebellion and the new warden doesn't stand a chance of getting the round under control.
I know it would be hard to impose but suggesting something like, announce your unwardening 10 seconds before doing it might help.
But what are the chances of that happening though? In all my time playing I do not remember a moment where a warden would just go "haha no warden moment" out of the blue.
What I however do see sometimes is the warden disconnecting. That however has been always done with prior warning by said warden.
I mean I could imagine how someone would abuse it to do "last guard", but you cant fret over every egg (in other words goodluck coming up with a solution that does not have loopholes)
So I believe this is an almost non-existent issue.
And when it comes to people suddenly unwardening, I'd say it is more to blame on the people that suddenly become incredibly toxic when a child or female warden unintentionally messes up somewhere. That is the bigger issue that just gets often overlooked.

You all mention rules, I have a small list of ideas regarding that, I’m just gonna toss a couple out there that make sense in my head in no specific correspondence.
  • Unwardening can only occur within the first 40 seconds of the first player getting warden (until 9:15).
  • After 9:15 an order must be given, and to unwarden later than that, no rebellers(who have rebelled in chat) can be alive
  • Unwardening can only happen a set # of times per player per map.
  • Maybe I’d say You don’t have to have a microphone to be on blue except when nobody has a mic on blue in which someone needs to be able to step up
If I think of any ideas I’ll keep posting them otherwise have a nice day

255FFDA0-6A7F-4350-8B2F-CB69CC503277.jpeg

The poll leans heavily towards re-adding !uw. This change will be implemented with redux.

Reactions: Magglet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread