turn the guards crits to mini crits (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love rebeling in jailbreak, it's so fun sometimes, but when the guards can easily kill you 100% crits, it's pretty unfair. i do think guards need a advantage to combat rebelers that have the first shot. but i do think that they shouldn't get a advantage of 3X the damage your doing. i think switching to mini crits would be a good idea, the only one who gets 100% crits is the warden and the guards with mini crits. it would make better balance in the game.

Why balance the teams in a gamemode where the teams are meant to be unbalanced.
-Some guy in the shoutbox

To give people who rebel a better chance at winning? Do you seriously think that turning crits into minicrits will completely fuck over the guards? No, no it won't. It will only screw you over if you can't actually play the game to a decent standard to survive. To be truthful most players don't rebel all to often because they don't get the chance and even if they do they get sniped by a scout doing 45 dmg with a pistol long range, or any class with a shotgun just spamming it and killing the rebeller within seconds. Then there is of course the fact that if they do get away they have to deal with killing the blues close range unless you play sniper. Then you would have to deal with classes that excel at close to medium range combat. Minicrits will actually give rebellers a chance to survive and guards an actual challenge. Of course this is my opinion, and in my opinion there should be a system that Mr. Fluffy suggested.

RfkPJAn.png

Of course I think it should be reduced to 3 guards, not 4..

Guards are meant to have guns to keep the prisoners in order, but people are so bad they need crits to do it :)
the real reason the crits are there is so the gaurds can protect the warden easyier, and so if the gaurds are inactive the warden can save themself if needed, if anything i think you should get mini-crits when the warden dies, so that way people wont be inactive gaurds running from 2 pyros with uber

i think you should get mini-crits when the warden dies,

I gotta disagree with you there removing all crits when warden dies gives more of a reason to rebel other than ruining the round making guards go down to mini crits will give less reason to rebel and harder.

Personally the critz situation is fine as it is only change I would make is removing random crits from blue team.

Kinda wish this would happen so that I could do more than I already do on red.

the real reason the crits are there is so the gaurds can protect the warden easyier, and so if the gaurds are inactive the warden can save themself if needed, if anything i think you should get mini-crits when the warden dies, so that way people wont be inactive gaurds running from 2 pyros with uber
So you know in Jailbreak, the RED are supposed to either rebel against the guards or play to get lr, right. Warden is supposed to give orders, and guards are supposed to stop rebellers. Why the actual fuck would guards ever get crits for failing to do their work? And giving the guards crits when the warden dies is like a big 'fuck you' to rebellers, basically telling them not to rebel, or else they will instantly die to crits.

Oh wait, they already are =)
because people are bad, and they're so used to crits they think it's the normal way of playing Jailbreak.

So you know in Jailbreak, the RED are supposed to either rebel against the guards or play to get lr, right. Warden is supposed to give orders, and guards are supposed to stop rebellers. Why the actual fuck would guards ever get crits for failing to do their work? And giving the guards crits when the warden dies is like a big 'fuck you' to rebellers, basically telling them not to rebel, or else they will instantly die to crits.

Oh wait, they already are =)
because people are bad, and they're so used to crits they think it's the normal way of playing Jailbreak.
not everyone is steady arms, never miss a shot mc-gee

not everyone is steady arms, never miss a shot mc-gee
Tough luck if you're playing a skill based game. You'll get rolled by better players, that's how it works.

Minicrits still give the incredible advantage of removing damage falloff, even if we ignore the 30% damage boost. Minicrits are extremely powerful and everyone who dies with them to someone who doesn't have them deserved to die. Reducing crits to minicrits would give better players actually a chance to fight back. Keep in mind that this is all after they obtained weapons, after they rebelled successfully.

The system suggested by Mr. Fluffy (mentioned by Husky earlier in this thread) seems like a very fair solution to me. I would maybe suggest giving the warden crits on top of it to help him out while his guards chase rebellers.

Can any full edit the poll and add it as a third option?

• Useful
Reactions: Inkticious
Tough luck if you're playing a skill based game. You'll get rolled by better players, that's how it works.

Minicrits still give the incredible advantage of removing damage falloff, even if we ignore the 30% damage boost. Minicrits are extremely powerful and everyone who dies with them to someone who doesn't have them deserved to die. Reducing crits to minicrits would give better players actually a chance to fight back. Keep in mind that this is all after they obtained weapons, after they rebelled successfully.

The system suggested by Mr. Fluffy (mentioned by Husky earlier in this thread) seems like a very fair solution to me. I would maybe suggest giving the warden crits on top of it to help him out while his guards chase rebellers.

Can any full edit the poll and add it as a third option?
but with mini crits how are you gonna try to stop 2 medics healing a heavy and pyro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread