Completed Suggestion to remove/keep weaponsdepot or weapon storage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

Lazy suggestion but has to be done.
There is no reason to keep both of these maps and we already made suggestions to get rid of one of the military and barnnight maps. Which we did.
But one thing i dont understand how weapon storage has been added since i have not seen a suggestion including this map anywhere.
Further reason im suggesting this is that they are so incredibly unbalanced for hale.
14 days to vote which should be enough time to think

• Funny
Reactions: Tolfx
I can't vote to remove both ?

Surely an option to remove neither should be available?

Neither would be an alright option, but its duplicate maps, keeping both isnt much of a solution

Surely you assuming its a problem because a regular has started a vote. Wouldn't a fair vote be a reset, with 3 options being, remove "map x" or "map y", and one being remove neither? Seems pretty unfair to just strip a map without a fair poll to keep both.
I personally love both maps, but I do appreciate not everyone does. But I still want a fair vote.

Reactions: Matth
Oh boi, time to remove octagon or hexagon from db then :3

If both maps are popular why do you want to remove one? Is it really the same map or is there any good difference?

There is some slight additions on storage and obviously visually there are small differences. Storage had more ledges and some small changes in health and ammo packs

Reactions: Matth
If both maps are popular why do you want to remove one? Is it really the same map or is there any good difference?
Barnnight and military area also both had duplicates while also being popular. They were still removed because they were also hated since it was unfair for hale (In barnnight rework there was a room with only one entrance that could be impossible to enter for hale, while military zone had tons of healthpacks and ammo packs that could make rounds last minutes because of one soldier that rocketjumps around the map doing slowly some damage).
And now we have a duplicate of weaponsdepot that i dont know how it happened, but hales almost never win once there are a tad too many snipers

Hello, I created the map weapon storage as a remake of the old map, I suggested it to Kevin along with some deathrun maps, that's why it wasn't in forums, though I forgot to tell him about the old one I am afraid. Old one was pretty ugly and had bad optimization that's why I gave him my map, it only has small gameplay changes so it shouldn't effect gameplay that much ,but I can understand some people might have prefer the more simpler one.

The only main issue I can think of with the newer version is how easy the button is to set off, just constant water ruins the map

@Magglet You are totally right (also @Abject smh).
The poll has now been fixed to have fair options. Votes have been reset.

• Winner
Reactions: Abject
Judging by the poll, seems we're keeping both, can a full close this?
Shame we have to keep it just after getting rid of 2 duplicate maps just to be given another one.

Gonna rewind this thread a bit, as I believe a poll option with 46% of the total votes shouldn't really pass, as more people voted to at least remove something judging by the votes.
But one thing i dont understand how weapon storage has been added since i have not seen a suggestion including this map anywhere.
This is my main concern with this map being added. Nowhere on the forums was this map polled or suggested to the VSH/FF2 community, and a Deathrun regular tweaked the original map a little and privately suggested it be added. I don't think it's fair to play the same map consecutively if we don't even have an option to extend the map when the vote comes, not to mention the entire Hale bashing capabilities of Weaponsdepot/storage just gets incredibly repetitive after about 10 minutes, so imagine what it's like for 90.

My suggestion for this going forward is to take the two options with the highest votes (Keep both & Remove Weapons Storage) and reset the poll as there is hardly a clear majority winner of this one.

Reactions: Racer911-1
This poll gives the option to remove any of the maps. If there isn’t a dominant vote to remove the new map that means it’s been a success in terms of the general perception of the map is somewhat good.

If we decide to add a polling process to add maps your just adding more time to the already long process of kvn adding maps.

If there isn’t a dominant vote to remove the new map that means it’s been a success in terms of the general perception of the map is somewhat good.
Removing the new map has more votes than either of the other two removal options, so I don't think the "general perception" is as good as you are making out, remember only 15 total votes were cast in this poll.

If we decide to add a polling process to add maps your just adding more time to the already long process of kvn adding maps.
I'd understand if it was just a new map we don't have already, but this is a map that's already in the rotation. Straight off the back of a long-winded process to remove duplicate Military and Barn Night maps that people didn't want, honestly I am more surprised than anything that something like this has happened after the unrest caused by the previous maps and the multiple threads created to remove them.

I voted for the most picked option ("Keep both", cause I fall in love with both versions and they are not very similar imo).
However, @Roar is totally right about the majority of votes, and indeed that's what we're going to do.

No option has got more than 50% votes. A second ballot between the most 2 picked options has been opened.
"Keep both maps" OR "Remove weaponsstorage"? You can vote -and change vote if you want- till next Sunday.

forum.PNG

Reactions: Madact
I dont get why someone would vote to keep both, look at it like this. If you add doubles of maps, whether you like them or not, they are gonna have a significant increase in playtime. I am a big fan and proponent of map diversity and i already mildly dislike weaponsdepot because it is played so often, and the adddition of this map only makes this map more played. besides, i dont think there was anything wrong with the original, so why add a newer version?

• Sad
Reactions: Jim Bob
i dont think there was anything wrong with the original, so why add a newer version?
The newer version fixed water textures, expanded on the tunnels and some other minor things, the only issue is that it significantly increased how easy it is to activate the water, which is already pretty easy to grief with on the original version.

Reactions: Brick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread