suggestion rule for Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Okay so I have a little suggestion for a rule that would be great imo in jailbreak, quite a bit of times there is only 1 guard and someone in RED team will get a Lr and will choose freeday. But there are wardens who will change teams and deny the RED from having his/her freeday, which I see as denying Lr.

I know everyone might have another way of seeing this but I feel like when a BLU would do this he/she should deserve a guardban for at least an hour.

It's sort of confusing as if you're not allowed to deny a Lr what are you doing by changing team and leaving the BLU team empty making it so the RED loses his freeday.

If someone would have their own opinion don't be scared to post it

What if I don't feel like wasting my time by being on the blue team when 3 out of 9 players have freedays and I know they are going to kill me eventually? It feels unfair to give the remaining 6 prisoners a round where they have nothing to accomplish.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus and Madact
What if I don't feel like wasting my time by being on the blue team when 3 out of 9 players have freedays and I know they are going to kill me eventually? It feels unfair to give the remaining 6 prisoners a round where they have nothing to accomplish.

That is a fact that no one likes that, but what's the point of working for your lr if it's going to get denied by someone who doesn't want to stay alone on BLU

Here's the thing; what if someone does pick lr freedays and decides to move to red because they want to play on red. How can you prove that if someone does go to red that they are denying the lr?
What I could do is move to red for more than...lets say two rounds and then move back. You can't prove that I denied LR unless I state otherwise. You can't force me to stay on blue.

I state that I don't do freedays because of my low res graphics I can't tell who's a freeday or not . Plus most of the time if I defiantly know the person is a rebeller I will switch as aiming isn't my strong point and managing a team AND freeday rebellers on my own or with unaware guards is not ideal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Doc Piss
If there is 1 BLU and 9 REDs and then the 1 BLU decides to change team after the end of a round you can't really punish him for it, even if no one goes warden the following round and as a result a guy doesn't get his freeday, and doing so would be stupid because forcing someone to stay on BLU is absurd

• Agree
Reactions: Deep
If there is 1 BLU and 9 REDs and then the 1 BLU decides to change team after the end of a round you can't really punish him for it, even if no one goes warden the following round and as a result a guy doesn't get his freeday, and doing so would be stupid because forcing someone to stay on BLU is absurd

Then in all honest why punish people who would deny Lr? If you switch teams as only guard, you're basically doing the same.

all of you have a realistic view on this and give good facts but the situation doesn't change that the guard changing teams is denying lr. I really don't get why people think it's any different then someone denying lr when their is a full team :confused:

In a way hope someone could change my view on this atm I don't get it

How 'bout you're only allowed to switch teams and deny the LR if there are 2 or more freedays?

• Disagree
Reactions: Vecomti
How 'bout you're only allowed to switch teams and deny the LR if there are 2 or more freedays?

I feel like if there is only 1 guard there should only be 1 freeday allowed, imo

• Agree
Reactions: TsjipTsjip
There was a suggestion a while back about making a rule where LR freedays where not allowed to rebel. I doubt this will tickle anyone's fancy as rebelling is hard enough as a regular red.

Hm...Could remove their immune to damage from guards? Might cause freekills out of confusion though.
Maybe some more rules about what a freeday can or can't do. Such as healing, pushing reds...anything that the warden deems distracting. I see it happening with the whole melee thing.

I dunno tbh. It's a toughie!

How about if the warden gives lr and the red picks 3 freedays. Then if the warden switches to red waits for the round/freeday to end then move back to blue. That's how i picture lr denyal. As madact said he might not want to stay on the blue team and play as red

There was a suggestion a while back about making a rule where LR freedays where not allowed to rebel. I doubt this will tickle anyone's fancy as rebelling is hard enough as a regular red.

Hm...Could remove their immune to damage from guards? Might cause freekills out of confusion though.
Maybe some more rules about what a freeday can or can't do. Such as healing, pushing reds...anything that the warden deems distracting. I see it happening with the whole melee thing.

I dunno tbh. It's a toughie!

Idk why but atm in a way I feel like freedays shouldn't be able to do damage to BLU's as they're having a freeday. It's stupid but it basically stops the guards from being afraid of them and stops it when one freeday kill the warden ruining it for the other freedays.

It's in a way a dumb idea but imo it sounds like the best solution for both sides, people can have their freedays and guards don't have to be afraid of the freedays killing them.

As I said horrible idea maybe be but worth suggesting.

Swaggy but what if I don't feel like playing on the blu team the exact same time when the freedays were given... Or if I really need to go to the red team because sometimes my brother rushes into my room and starts screaming... I hope you guys can understand that.

What could work would be a temporary no damage freeday. Say about 1-3 mins into the round they get there ability to rebel, which gives the warden chance to give orders and start moving them to a minigame.

Though I think personally this will work, we're not coders :'( Rippo!

Swaggy but what if I don't feel like playing on the blu team the exact same time when the freedays were given... Or if I really need to go to the red team because sometimes my brother rushes into my room and starts screaming... I hope you guys can understand that.

Well tbh if someone says sorry I have to go, or someone is bothering me and you leave the server or switch to Spectator I think it's not really denying lr well only if you go back on BLU if the freeday round has ended.

What could work would be a temporary no damage freeday. Say about 1-3 mins into the round they get there ability to rebel, which gives the warden chance to give orders and start moving them to a minigame.

Though I think personally this will work, we're not coders :'( Rippo!

Just hope with the combined idea's of everyone we can find a good solution as atm and no offence to everyone but saying "what if I don't feel like being on BLU anymore" imo is a horrible excuse and sort of selfish as you're ruining someones lr which they have worked hard for to get (or in some cases just got it by luck)

Cause to be honest @Doc Piss @Viking34 @Vecomti (just an example btw)
What if you guys have lr you choose well freeday and the person changes to RED for 3 rounds, you're Freeday is ruined but yeah, the guy stays at RED for 3 rounds which in everyway excuses him/her from denying your Lr. He/she goes back to BLU and next time you get Lr he/she does the same thing. How can a LR be fun for the person earning it if you're just gonna leave BLU team with the reason "I just don't feel like being on BLU anymore" even though you're the only one on BLU and you deny someones Lr with a imo not so valid reason

I tend to not pick all 3 freedays when there is only one guard, as not to discourage them from staying on blue. It has worked out nicely so far.

I thought about this.

So we all know that sometimes it happens that the only player in the blue team gives lr, and then next round switches to the red team so that the freedays get lost, and then he joins again once the freedays are gone. It surely isn't plesant to see this happen if you are the one who's losing the freeday, but I don't know if banning instantly the blue player that goes away from the blue team would work.

I wouldn't like to think that I could be banned just for leaving the server/the BLU team at the end of the round. Someone may just need to leave the server for real life obbligations or be tired to be in the blues, and I wouldn't want to see him banned from guards just for that.

Also, what happens if a warden is very good and keeps delivering lr every round? Does he need to stay on the BLU team forever? In that case he would need to get killed or not give lr on porpouse, in order to not get banned. What happens if, for example, the parents of a BLU player enter in his room and he can't talk anymore? Do we ban him for that?

The ban would also be very avoidable. Even if we would ban a blue for waisting lr in this way, he could just waste the freedays by getting himself killed on purpose (e.g. falling accidentaly into sweeper).

But if we do want to create a rule like this, then I tought we could do something like this:

If someone is blue, he is the only one, he gives a lr, and then he switches to the red team to waste the lr, we could create a rule like this:
"If there's only one player on the BLU team and he gives lr to a player in the RED team, the BLU player is allowed to leave the BLU Team/server in the next round and he won't be punished for waisting the lr, but if he does that, he is not allowed to join the BLU team for the next 3/6 rounds (the time should be discussed, we could also set a time in minutes (30/40 minutes)). If a BLU player wastes the lr by leaving the team and then comes back before he is allowed to, then such player will be guardbanned."

A rule like this would not harm the BLU players who genuinely need to leave the server/blue team, and it would encourage the other BLU players to not waste the lr.

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt
What persi mentions is a good idea...But sometimes I fear adding more rules and regulations to jailbreak may decrease the player base...But I'm not against completely on the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Persi
What persi mentions is a good idea...But sometimes I fear adding more rules and regulations to jailbreak may decrease the player base...But I'm not against completely on the idea.

I agree with that, people also do not seem to be very pissed off when something like this happens anyway. I would leave things like they are right now as well. My suggestion was only in the case we decided that a rule against wasting lr by leaving the BLU team is absolutely mindatory.

what if we could find something that would make the Blu team more appealing and make people not want to leave Blu?

• Agree
Reactions: Marios and Persi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread