Declined Spice up JB with more weapon variety and balancing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Goat

Jailbreak isn't perfect but it could be better. The odds of successfully rebelling is heavily leaning towards Blu winning with guaranteed 100% crits. we could throw in new options for red like giving scout crit-o-cola for touching health pick ups like heavy for sandwiches, and grant demo charge for ammo pickups. I am okay with snipers on Blu being brain dead and body shotting for full charge damage, but for the love of god please remove crit afterburn, light and some medium classes cant survive a spritz of fire. this makes being an active Blu vs a rebeller literally shooting a single scorch shot and walking away kinda ridiculous imo.

Please remove 100% crits from blus and make it 100% mini crits. Way more balanced and it actually has fall off damage.

legit like what @Asper said why don't we make it mini crits because with 100% regular crits it is a insta kill which is not balanced in my opinion

Even though I practically main blue so I might be a bit biased. I believe that the crits should stay because of how easy it is to still cause a failround on red. Its not hard to pop an uber and kill the warden. I don't really find it hard to rebel on red and kill blues and get ammo and having the blues stay with crits makes it so JB in a whole is played more smoothly imo

Ah shit, here we go again:
I don’t want to berate everyone who wants crits removed, but this is literally the 1002748373863838th post that has “remove blu crits” as a part of it. It has been suggested time and time again and gets the same response every time: no.

Will things ever change? Probably not. I mean just kill the warden who is bad at the game half the time then boom: mass rebel happens!

Do I want 100% crits removed? Nope! I play on blu all the time and die half the time so I need them.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact and bap!
Blu would kinda suck without crits since it would be too easy to kill the warden and you can't re-warden either

Also... I just wanna say half of the weapon balancing requests are either tasked already/have already been suggested. I find it funny people only care about the crits part tho :/

crits can stay I dont really care at all about that

I like your idea of being able to do things or picking up other items wether its a healthkit or ammo pack, would make it more exciting

• Agree
Reactions: Solo and bap!
Jailbreak isn't perfect but it could be better. The odds of successfully rebelling is heavily leaning towards Blu winning with guaranteed 100% crits.
screenshot_2020-04-30-pending-crits-in-jb-png.12757

we could throw in new options for red like giving scout crit-o-cola for touching health pick ups like heavy for sandwiches, and grant demo charge for ammo pickups.
I believe demo charge is already suggested but I believe we need the plugin link. The rest are ok I guess but I believe they also need a plugin in order to do that.

I've forgotten what the fate of mini crits suggestion was, perhaps a jailbreak admin can remind here what exactly happened as it's no longer listed.

As for weapon nerfs with crits, is that possible? I know it's a thing for vsh but for the jailbreak plugin? Generally curious if anybody has looked into it, but not curious enough to dig myself.

Jailbreak isn't perfect but it could be better. The odds of successfully rebelling is heavily leaning towards Blu winning with guaranteed 100% crits. we could throw in new options for red like giving scout crit-o-cola for touching health pick ups like heavy for sandwiches, and grant demo charge for ammo pickups. I am okay with snipers on Blu being brain dead and body shotting for full charge damage, but for the love of god please remove crit afterburn, light and some medium classes cant survive a spritz of fire. this makes being an active Blu vs a rebeller literally shooting a single scorch shot and walking away kinda ridiculous imo.
I suppose I wasn't specific enough when i mentioned the 100% crits since that seems to be what everyones talking about. I don't have a problem with the guaranteed crits. Blu would be stranded with failrounds without them. I was suggesting giving red more options to have better chances in a 1v1 with a blu thats not a hail mary (rushing with melee) or try to compete with their crits in a standoff gunfight. I wanted to give more options to rebelling that have more high risk high reward if played well. putting prerequisites on weapons like crit o cola with health packs and ammo for demo would try to balance it out. My other point about crits was afterburn being bullshit because there's no counter play to being sprayed for a second and taking 12 damage every afterburn ping. heavy cannot survive a single scorch shot, kinda bad.

Tl;DR- keep crits, remove crit afterburn, allow certain weapons on red but put prerequisites on them with health kits and ammo

I've forgotten what the fate of mini crits suggestion was, perhaps a jailbreak admin can remind here what exactly happened as it's no longer listed.

As for weapon nerfs with crits, is that possible? I know it's a thing for vsh but for the jailbreak plugin? Generally curious if anybody has looked into it, but not curious enough to dig myself.
I'm assuming gold is going to post a link (and if he doesnt then here you go) to the thread, but you completed and locked it up under a previous task and nothing was said about it since then.
In terms of demo charging and whatnot, this has been suggested multiple times and never acted upon.

To the blues who die, I don't know how you manage to do it, but it's incredible that failrounds are common place considering you have a HUGE advantage over the red team.

• Clever
Reactions: vinny and Gold
I know you wanna be a cool and epic rebeller to make daddy haze proud but when it's 4 v 24 it think it's fair for blues to have crits.
Idk if you can but maybe you can change the way the crits are allowed to where if it's >/=5 blus they can have crits and if it's above it they get mini crits?

• Old
Reactions: Spam Goose
I guess we are having this discussion yet again :pepega:

So to clarify Bambi declined all previous crit suggestions after a new thread voted to keep blue crits.

I'll give this idea another shot since it has been a bit since the last time y'all have fought about this. Do not act surprised if this gets thrown on the to-do list indefinitely though.

Poll closes in 10 days. If there is interest in the other balance changes suggested I can add on to the poll later but I doubt any of them will be done unless someone is willing to code those changes in.

d2f8f568b0940f46c8b2a77bc1abde1d.png

Majority have voted in favor of keeping as-is and I see little interest in the other mentioned balance changes if those would even be possible without re-writing parts of the old jailbreak plugin.

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread