Server/Gamemode wishes? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noodl, because all mge servers I visited were empty 99% of the time. A duel server is nice, an mge mod is stupid.
That's your opinion. Also just because you like sniping in duel doesn't mean it's always the best choice of servers. Even if they were mostly empty, I doubt you'd check every 10 minutes to see the activity of MGE servers. Also explain how a MGE server would be stupid. We are trying to expand our community, but if we just stick to our current gamemodes, we will never expand.

That's your opinion. Also just because you like sniping in duel doesn't mean it's always the best choice of servers. Even if they were mostly empty, I doubt you'd check every 10 minutes to see the activity of MGE servers. Also explain how a MGE server would be stupid. We are trying to expand our community, but if we just stick to our current gamemodes, we will never expand.
meh, MGE isnt that popular so dunno..

Didixo, of course that's my opinion; if it weren't mine, I wouldn't be posting it, right? And, of course, I didn't check mge every minute, but there was a time I was mildly interested in that particular mod, so I visited those kind of servers pretty often; there was no one on them literally 90% (okay, not 99%) of the time. Which states "unpopular" in my book, and what is exactly my point, no more, but no less.
About dm_duel, I just compared the purpose: dueling map is better than dueling plugin, because that map allows for pretty much any gameplay, while dueling plugin imposes additional restrictions and turns duels as it is into some kind of boxing match with set rules, when there should be no rules. Duel means you are alone against your adversary, and that's all. Period. The end. No other meaning possible. Hence, mge is not a proper dueling plugin/mappack. That is why it almost always stays empty and will not bring anything new to the community.

Those are my reasons. I'm not arguing against that additional game modes are in order, but I'm against that particular one.

Prophunt added - IP: 176.57.142.80:27035

BBall is a possible consideration, another training mode similar to MGE that can be put in the same server as MGE iirc.
Just another suggestion.

KOTH Rotation added - IP: 176.57.142.80:27045

might tell me please what the next server should be?

Reactions: Noodl
Payload Rotation added - IP: 176.57.142.80:27055

any suggestions for next server?

hmm, what about another duel server (since its full a lot), but then with a different map. And maybe some other changes.

^Duel rotation would be good, but with a longer than 30minute timelimit, maybe 45/60.

duel rotation?
He meant to add a time in the duel map, like 45 minutes, then each 45 minutes, it will rotate to an other duel map.
^Duel rotation would be good, but with a longer than 30minute timelimit, maybe 45/60.
I personally don't like this idea.
By the way, I'm afraid that some people leave the game when we're on the second map, because they might not like it.
Having a second duel server with a different map instead of a map rotation will allow us to avoid eventual "quits", and maybe bring some players in the second duel server, because there are some people that doesn't like the current duel map.

He meant to add a time in the duel map, like 45 minutes, then each 45 minutes, it will rotate to an other duel map.

I personally don't like this idea.
By the way, I'm afraid that some people leave the game when we're on the second map, because they might not like it.
Having a second duel server with a different map instead of a map rotation will allow us to avoid eventual "quits", and maybe bring some players in the second duel server, because there are some people that doesn't like the current duel map.

What about people that like 3 out of 4 maps, and dislike the 4th one that we decide to make the permanent map. That discourages players that dislike the map, assuming there'd be rtv, players can change the map at will with the votes, it gives a more rounded server, compared to the permanent dm_duel.

I suggest we put an additional server with duel map rotation, see which map gets more visits in six months, and then put that map up in static.

What about people that like 3 out of 4 maps, and dislike the 4th one that we decide to make the permanent map.

As I said, if we do a duel server (#1) with the first map, then an other duel server (#2) with the second map, people that doesn't like one of the map will just have to go to the other duel server. Simple as that, and without rtv.
We aren't in the case of 4 maps, but 2 maps.
Assuming there'd be rtv, players can change the map at will with the votes, it gives a more rounded server, compared to the permanent dm_duel.

Imagines now we're on the map #1, then a man that doesn't like this map come. He will say "rtv", but nobody follow him, because the other players like this map better than the other one. Then he leave because he hate the map #1.
Later, an other man, who prefer #2, will type rtv, as the other one. Nobody is following him. He will leave because he hate #1, etc.

Sometimes in duel (not always though), there is people who're asking me if there is a second map, I answer them no.
After this :
1) They leave/they go to an other panda server, because they don't like the map #1.
2) They complain, then I usually say "well, go complain/suggest about it on the forum", nobody do.

I didn't told rtv was a bad idea, I meant that it can make people leave, but if we make a second duel server with a different map, it will surely bring more people.
That's what I think.

Reactions: illikal03
There's more than 2 duel maps.
What I'm aiming at is having a wider selection of maps on each server targets a wider demographic due to a far greater variance in maps.

People will like some maps, and dislike others. If enough people agree, they vote and map can change. I dislike some payload maps, and I can just vote if I dislike it. People may or may not agree, if they don't, it's democracy.

Well, we still have that thread about modifying / creating a new duel map made by Stabbin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread