Completed Remove or Fix Spyper on #13 - Freak Fortress (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky

Spyper is one of the only Bosses that have the ability to heavily delay a round because of his long cloak, teleportation, and constant need to hide in order to shoot with his gun peacefully.
Mostly when someone is spyper, the round can end up beeing 3x longer than usual, letting people get impatient at times. I will state the 2 main issues for spyper in short.

-Way too long cloak, turning the gamemode more to a Hide and Seek, rather than FF2.
-Has the ability to pick up ammo, letting him fill up his Rifle, which causes him to camp even more.

To fix these problems, I would suggest reducing the cloak durability about half, and to remove the ability to refill his Rifle with ammopacks.
Else, the option to remove, or perhaps even replace him with a new boss, can also be a option.

Feel free to state your opinion on Spyper and what should be done with him.

Honestly as a spyper main I do agree spyper will often be used to camp and kill one by one every players, making rounds very very long. The main problem to this is the fact he is unable to disarm (by stun, hiding screen, ect) players and have a relative small health pool, making him more careful to directly attack the players as it almost pure suicide for him. A great ways to balance the boss without ruining the fun to play it would be to do the changes Darky mentionned but also to give him a biggger health pool and when he rage, to stun every nearby players. Of course it would make it look more similar to gentlespy but it seriously need to have a better survival skill to prevent camping and allows him to face players more.

You won't be able to get the cfg from us so you'll have to ask Bread
Well i meant by that, if bread wants to nerf / fix him, I might know from what version he is.

The fix for Spyper is to delete him.

Reasons why:

• Hale has a sniper rifle (A big no no, in fact snipers should be blocked from FF2 completely)
  • Only way to win as Spyper is to camp, which is unfun for both sides
  • Spyper has cloak + point teleport which encourages camping even more
  • Outcome of all matches with Spyper usually either is Spyper instantly dying due to poor head to head combat or Spyper winning by playing a game of cat and mouse for 10 mins with the sniper + cloak + point teleport cheese.
In other words, good fucking luck trying to balance Spyper without changing his core kit entirely.

If y'all need the changes done, give me a list of what needs to be changed and I can edit the CFG easily.

If y'all need the changes done, give me a list of what needs to be changed and I can edit the CFG easily.
Cant we just get a fully update to all the Hales that need a buff / nerf? Like i would enjoy that more and other people too than just a Spyper nerf or remove

Cant we just get a fully update to all the Hales that need a buff / nerf? Like i would enjoy that more and other people too than just a Spyper nerf or remove
We could however we would need a vote on all the changes and it would need to pass, as well as it would need to be tested and approved by Kevin before being final.

Reactions: Dukedragon4
You folks need to stop relying on forum voting and actually discuss the changes with server players, voting doesn't work with only 10 voters, thats called an oligarchy. Take the opinion of the more experienced and frequent players on the server and reach a conclusion.

Also, once again, the only way to fix Spyper is to delete him or change his core kit entirely, so good luck trying to balance him.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Dukedragon4
You folks need to stop relying on forum voting and actually discuss the changes with server players, voting doesn't work with only 10 voters, thats called an oligarchy. Take the opinion of the more experienced and frequent players on the server and reach a conclusion.

Also, once again, the only way to fix Spyper is to delete him or change his core kit entirely, so good luck trying to balance him.
I agree for the voting part, we need more people to vote it, and extremely actives players and who played on the server for a while.

For nerfing Spyper, I think some modifications that can be done is:
-Cannot collect ammo or refill his cloak by such way (it the main reason why he camp, but nerfing just that will make the boss totally bad)
-Bigger health pool (making him more likely to try to face people as his current health pool is too small for direct encounter)
-When rage, he get gun (like actually) but also stun all nearby players and sentries (another of his weakness and wat force him to camp is the fact he cannot disarm players in close range, so charging into the players is suicidal right now. Stunning will allow him to be more aggressive)
-Less cloak, so he stay hidden less time (I noticed the cloak duration is big, and if refilled with ammo, cant be annoying to desl against)
Bonus, if after nerfing, the boss is not balanced enough:
-more or less ammo on his rifle
-Cannot take health pack (I found that you can use health pack to extinguish or remove liquids (jarate, milk, water) yourself, which increase spyper survability. I think it a vital element for making the boss unique AND make it at least fun to play (Pyro are so annoying when you play this boss after all) but the removal can nerf him easily)
-I was thinking of a solo rage, a bit like Beep Man's one, but it kind of too much. Yet, if the boss need balacing, it can be good.
So, in conclusion, despite the boss being totally horrible for his camping abilities, it can be possible to nerf him without deleting him or completely modify his core in my opinion. It might be hard and take time, but I am sure there others ways.

Lastly, I think the others bosses who need to be nerfed are, in priority:
-Mimicer (absolutely cancer and OP, he got ways too much abilities)
-Spyper (Camping, Delaying and annoying to fight against, transform the game into a hide n' seek)
-Gentlespy (Cancer in my opinion, but more fair than the two one below)
-Gayben (I know that is rage is the core of this boss, but I think there is ways to make it slightly less... OP?)

Again, take note it only my opinion, therefore shouldnt be based just on this. I just mains spyper and got to know his weakness and strenghts, but I am curious to see wat others players think about it

Keep the topic on spyper only.

I'm backing to remove this boss. It encourages camping (which is against FF2 specific rules) and there's far many things to fix about this boss that it's better to delete.

@Loli Police you really want to do this or can we just do this the easy way? Not like this will rush the process of anything happening just I'd rather not put someone through the effort only for it to never be released.

Well if you are planning on removing him, you should find something to replace him. More bosses there are means more ways to fit players styles, thus encouraging people to play Hale. If you remove too many/ have many that are similar, you are going to have less people wanting to be Hale.

I think if anything what I've learnt from the disaster on US FF2 is that updating the plugin and adding more bosses created more issues that needed fixing. They wanted an update and they got it, but hated the result. Put Kevin right off doing anything for FF2 as that server slowly died.

You can make a new thread starting to add bosses but good luck to it happening. Still want this thread spyper only.

I agree with Madact, at this point removing Spyper is the best way, lets say no one wants him on the Server, a god damn Long Ranged Hale with a ability to pick ammo packs up and dealing big amount of damage which ruins the Gameplay on the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread