Completed Remove ba_mariopartyextended_v4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark!

Which map is the suggestion about? ba_mariopartyextended_v4

What is supposed to happen to the map? Remove

Why do you want this map change? This map is horrible. The spawn area is massive and barely has any escapes routes aside from warps. The exits of all of the warps end up in the first area of the map, making it ideal to camp with sniper / demo (Where reds get warped is enclosed and can only be opened from the other side, making running into minigames unviable for rebelling). It's super opened and barely any cover from snipers. And not to mention the horribly designed cells where they spawn on a huge platform where spies can jump down from and get backstab. This wouldn't be such an issue if there wasn't a vent leading directly to armory right besides the big staircase that a red can access less then 1 second into the round if they spawn in the right cell (They do have to break it). Then there's medic. It's confusing, the thwomps are a dumb feature and I had no idea how to use it. If a red is inside a minigame and gets warped out, there are instances where they get warped right next to the buttons which may lead to accidental freehits/rebelling. This map has 2 main areas and the second one is super bright and hurts to look at, reds running into this part of the map will be warped into a mini cell that needs to be opened from the other side (only available to blues at first). While we were on the map, we managed to play 6 minigames, Hexagon heat which is a super claustrophobic area where blues have barely any room to move. The control panel being right next to the entrance of the minigame is not a good thing either. It was also very glitchy, when I pressed like yellow, everything but yellow and white would fall down, same for red. But when you hit blue everything except blue and cyan fall down. Super weird and hard to control minigame. Then we played platform peril, reds get spawned at the end of the minigame making it confusing where they should start. Buttons of the minigame are super confusing and at the start theres a little cube that you can hit to throw platforms down? I have no idea why reds have the accessibility to drop platforms and kill other reds. Then we played Shock Drop or Roll. Cool minigame with interesting controls, but the red warp into the minigame is right next to the blue one. Also when we played it the bridge to the actual minigame part glitched out? After that we played Totem Pole Pound, this is a cool minigame, but when you reset the minigame the reds get teleported so close to the blues. We also played four corners, but the minigame doesn't have any walls so they can just sit inside the middle of the minigame and it will not be possible for them to die. Dodge ball was the only well functioning minigame, reds get teleported to the first floor and blues to 2nd, blues can turn on and off a ball. It's pretty much like soccer but blues choose if they want the ball there or not.

spawn area.png
As you can see the vent is right next to the cell.

23335[/ATTACH]
This is dodge ball, pretty simple.

four corner.png

This is four corners, minigame is pointless if there are no walls seperating the "corners"

hexagon heat.png

This is hexagon heat, reds spawn at the wall to my right and the warp outside is to my left, super claustrophobic

jump game mario.png
This is Platform peril, confusing as fuck.

Totem.png

This is Totem Pole Peril, works as intended and is pretty cool honestly.

shock drop or roll.png

This is Shock Drop or Roll, Minigame mostly works but where reds get initially warped and where blues are warped are both super close to each other (And in general its an ugly minigame)

Attachments

• dodge ball.png
    dodge ball.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
23342[/ATTACH]
This is where the blue team gets warped after exiting any warp minigame, easily campable by red rebellers like spies or snipers.

where red gets warped.png

This is where a red gets warped, they cant get out until a blue prsses a button.

2nd area mario.png

It's super bright and the player models have the mexico filter on them (they look more orange)

2nd area warp red.png

This is where reds get warped after entering this area, blues get warped right next to the pipe ahead

Attachments

• where blue gets warped.png
    where blue gets warped.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
Speaking as the one who suggested this map…yeah, after playing this…this map has a lot of flaws that make of hard for large amounts of players.

• Dumb
Reactions: BrAvO
I was there while this map was played. There was a teleport to armory like right in front of cells, The teleports arent team filtered, along with there being no blue side, most minigames arent too functional, along with the fun ones not existing. this map is wasted potential. also Just like we learned from spy vs spy, most css ports are pretty awful. Idea: maybe you can find someone who likes the idea, and have them remake the map? it looks like an interesting idea. I voted against adding this, though am surprised nobody booted up this map and gave it a full lookdown in the suggestion phase.

Should also add that Dodgeball is pretty broken too, multiple balls can be spawned at once (an infinite number too, which can potentially cause server crashes) and can kill the BLUs above if they’re melee’d from a certain angle.

HOWEVER:

While I’m not against removing this map, I actually think this map is so bad, it’s good (which I can’t say for certain other maps we’ve had in the past such as Soviet and Aquarium). It’s actually hilarious how broken this map is, but if people want it removed, I won’t protest.

(an infinite number too, which can potentially cause server crashes)
Map will be removed regardless due to this. I'm honestly sorry this map got past our quality control. I will take further measures in the future to prevent a mistake like this from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread