Panda-official cp_orange_x3? (1 Viewer)

Should I release an official map for the Panda Community?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's make a feature list of sorts then. Please edit your opening post with a list of things suggested and whether they are declined (and why), implemented (and how), planned for later (and why not now) or hanging because you haven't decided yet.

So, I'll begin:

- night map
- A to B half-open trenches
- slightly raised walls at the tower (so spies couldn't lurk on them)
- ramps from spawn to nearby wall structure
- class limits
- higher ramp on spawn exit to prevent spawncamping with direct fire
- inability to enter enemy spawn
- nosticky brush inside spawn to prevent excessive demo spawncamping
- nobuild brush inside trenches to prevent turtling
- non-transparent shielded walkways from structure at spawn leading to enemy B, to increase spy value and allow slow classes to take a detour
Alright, a good starting.

· "Night map" : It got declined by me and Kevin as it sucks, but I may release one for halloween (not this year). This discussion was previously made.
· "Raised walls on Tower" : As I added a new roof to the tower, I may raise it up a bit, but me and Kevin are currently having an open discussion about gravity change, as low-jump classes like Soldiers, Demomen, Heavies, may not jump on it at 800 gravity.
· "Ramps nearby the spawn's walls". Accepted to replace the stairs. It was already an idea by me but it was declined by myself.
· "Class limit". What's that? You mean reduce the map's max player slots?
· "Higher ramp on spawns". This will be declined, but I can make an invisible door that prevents the bullet penetration. Bullets won't penetrate until the door raises. I can also make this door textured.
· "Shared spawn". As the first map's release ("cp_orange_x3_e2"), this was the first applied fix on the map.
· "Nostick brush". I don't really know what do you mean with that, maybe you mean the wall where you can jump and stand on there. This glitch or possible exploit got removed on "cp_orange_x3_e2" too, but there are new lamps inside the spawn, and two of them are solid to stand above them. For Soldier, a lower gravity than 800 is required to get on them; no problems for Demomen instead.
· "Nobuild function on trenches". The trenchwares got declined on the previous posts, but I may make an "infinite" trench, a square around the tower.
· "Non-transparent shields". An unknown thing again. What is?

I would really like someone to tell me what can I add in here. It looks very empty. I had many ideas and I tried to apply them, but they made the map to suck my duck. I will really appreciate an idea for that side.

I would really like someone to tell me what can I add in here. It looks very empty. I had many ideas and I tried to apply them, but they made the map to suck my duck. I will really appreciate an idea for that side.

What about this? Just something that came to mind.

"Raised walls on Tower" : As I added a new roof to the tower, I may raise it up a bit, but me and Kevin are currently having an open discussion about gravity change, as low-jump classes like Soldiers, Demomen, Heavies, may not jump on it at 800 gravity.
I suggest removing the roof to allow soldiers and demomen land there; just tweak wall height a bit so spies couldn't get on them. By the way, why bother about low-jump classes not able to jump on the walls? They're low-jump, they're not supposed to do this anyway.

"Class limit". What's that? You mean reduce the map's max player slots?
No, I mean allow no more than X in Y players to take a specific class. Like sniper, or spy. I personally wouldn't like it, but hey, if I don't like the idea, it's usually something that people would want.

"Higher ramp on spawns". This will be declined
Why?

"Nostick brush". I don't really know what do you mean with that
No, I mean a special map brush like that on dm_duel's spawn door and tower entrance areas, where sticky bombs are removed by map.

"Nobuild function on trenches". The trenchwares got declined on the previous posts
Why?

"Non-transparent shields". An unknown thing again. What is?
Non-transparent shielded walkway. Shielded walkway being a walkway with walls and ceiling. Non-transparent means players shouldn't see through the walls or floor, like it's often done on other maps. I would personally like it if those walkways would be invisible from the ground, to add an element of surprise.

I suggest removing the roof to allow soldiers and demomen land there; just tweak wall height a bit so spies couldn't get on them. By the way, why bother about low-jump classes not able to jump on the walls? They're low-jump, they're not supposed to do this anyway.

No, I mean allow no more than X in Y players to take a specific class. Like sniper, or spy. I personally wouldn't like it, but hey, if I don't like the idea, it's usually something that people would want.

Why?

No, I mean a special map brush like that on dm_duel's spawn door and tower entrance areas, where sticky bombs are removed by map.

Why?

Non-transparent shielded walkway. Shielded walkway being a walkway with walls and ceiling. Non-transparent means players shouldn't see through the walls or floor, like it's often done on other maps. I would personally like it if those walkways would be invisible from the ground, to add an element of surprise.
Sorry for the delay.

· The roof may be removed for that reason. I experienced it myself and I think it was a bad idea adding the roof, but it makes the map/tower looking better. There are anyway a glitch because of the Engine's non-global shadows. I think it will be stupid raising the walls, trust me. The Tower isn't the only side where the Snipers camps, so if I raise the Tower's walls, I must raise other walls (again, stupid).

· I still don't understand what do you mean with "class limit".

· The ramp is already fine. If you want to prevent the bullets coming to the spawn, (as I previously said) I can add a door, even if invisible, so it will block the incoming bullets from any part until the door opens.

· I still don't understand where/what do you mean with Nosticky brushes.

· Read the full phrase about trenchwares and the previous posts. On previous posts it got declined by a reason, and on the recent post I said I may add it and it can make a square around the map's ground. I think I won't add any trenchwares on this version, but maybe on the next map I'll release once this one is finished.

· I still don'tunderstand about the invisible shieldings. Make a screenshot or something because it's confusing.

I released a massive update on the map. Still reading this post below.

Due to very easy skills on the tower, wrong distances, little spaces, and more, I decided to renovate the map's design, which hopefully will make it looking better.

Main preview of the new platform
Aiming the general BLU Control Point from their spawn
Aiming the middle from BLU's second Control Point
Aiming the general RED Control Point from their spawn
Aiming the middle from RED's second Control Point
Showing the BLU spawn from inside
Showing the RED spawn from inside
First floor of the new platform
Aiming the middle Control Point, second floor

>I also updated my own three custom textures (red, blue, white) as they were causing some glitches.
>On the platform's first floor, these two little thingies are Health kits & Ammo packs, available once both teams have captured their second control point.
>Instead of stairs, there are ramps now (a Hisu's suggest). These ramps may be improved on future versions, but I prefer to wait for your suggests ^^

*Remember: suggestions are still being accepted. If it will be a good idea and added, the user will be credited along with the Community!

While this map looks decent and all my question would still be why exactly do you think it's necessary to have a custom map on an orange server? Sniper will always be too strong on a map that's mostly flat. The normal orange_x3 (as seen on the blackout gaming orange server) is completely sufficient. If one doesn't like sniper orange it probably the wrong map to play on in the first place.

The only way to not make it a sniperfest would be with classlimits (2/3 per team).

While this map looks decent and all my question would still be why exactly do you think it's necessary to have a custom map on an orange server? Sniper will always be too strong on a map that's mostly flat. The normal orange_x3 (as seen on the blackout gaming orange server) is completely sufficient. If one doesn't like sniper orange it probably the wrong map to play on in the first place.

The only way to not make it a sniperfest would be with classlimits (2/3 per team).
I know the original x3 is completely sufficient, but anyway there was snipers everywhere. This at least is more open, where you can't get trapped by blocking-buildings and Pyros (in case you're a Spy who are trying to destroy them). Demomen and Soldiers may have a better experience at getting on there, also Engineers have a better chance to defend the point.

I know the original x3 is completely sufficient, but anyway there was snipers everywhere.
Like I said, snipers will always be the strongest class on orange, simply because the maps is mostly flat. Just creating a custom orange version isn't going to solve that.

That's a big sudden change to the middle point. But it is derived off another version of that map isn't it? I've seen a similar middle before in this video.

Also Solid, it can be nice to just have your own community's version of the map even is it does not differ that much and the practical improvements are few.

Reactions: MOCOLONI
That's a big sudden change to the middle point. But it is derived off another version of that map isn't it? I've seen a similar middle before in this video.

Also Solid, it can be nice to just have your own community's version of the map even is it does not differ that much and the practical improvements are few.
Lol.. what's the map's name? This is just impossible dude, I got this design like 4 days ago

I dunno man, I've only seen the video a few times. Maybe it's in the comments.

EDIT: found a video of it

I dunno man, I've only seen the video a few times. Maybe it's in the comments.

EDIT: found a video of it
Oh damn cp_purple_x, I remember I've played this map once on 2009 and didn't play it anymore. I forgot about the map but not the design... Well, then it's a map based on that map :>

Humans have a tendency of not even knowing what inspired them to do or create something. Interesting, I've never seen this overt a real-life example before, outside of the experiment on youtube I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread