Nerfing Military maps - VSH (1 Viewer)

What shalleth we do with thine Military Base?

• a) Remove map entirely

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • b) Nerf all medkits and ammo packs to tiny/nonexistant

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • c)Keep as it is

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • d)Move all medkits and ammopacks into the spawn so that its more survival-based

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

DuffT_ZimZim

Im gonna leave this to you guys because i know there will be a shitfest once i put out my opinion and people instant disliking this

Military area is probably the most popular vsh map to ever be made, we put it forward to Kevin to remove it and keep the updated militaryzone but it didn't really make sense removing the most played map on our rotation.

It's no surprise that this map is extremely popular not just within Panda too as it's extremely red-friendly. With 6 full HP kits scattered around the small map it makes it very easy for Soldier and Pyro to "abuse" rocket/flare jumps and land some tasty market gardens and goomba stomps. Honestly, it takes skilled players to get high damage through these methods, and although the HP kits does make it very easy for reds to keep trying these methods over and over, it doesn't take away from the fact the size of the map is the key factor to Hale losing more often. I believe any similar sized map can be hell for Hale if Engineers set up correctly, as most players are usually bunched up to one area.

Now I know there's been a few threads in the past about the removal/modification of this map but having played vsh for so long, I find it fun to play as Hale on military. Playing on red is good to test new tactics to implement and playing as the boss is a challenge to say the least, although I find myself losing as Hale more on other maps (maybe I'm just used to the strategies people run on mili but I guess that's personal). Now, if people really want military removed completely then I'll understand, but I can't see the point in modifying such a classic map. Remember there are a lot of people who love this map because of the things others dislike, there is always two sides to the story. Not to mention if the server is low on players and military gets voted it'll probably be full within five minutes.

I voted to keep it as it is, but I suppose time will tell with the poll. There's no closing time on the poll so Ill check back in a couple of weeks to see the results.

Military is a really good map. The med kits is the only thing ruining it. It's well balanced, fun to play, has many different areas for basically all classes to play.
Who thought to themselves, that a a medium sized map like this would need 6 med kits? It's just ridiculous and plain overkill. That means that almost 1/3 of the entire red team can refill their health every what, 20-30 seconds? What?

staff seeing the 23rd thread being made about military area
tenor.gif

It's honestly a shame.

• Winner
Reactions: PNN and TWC
staff seeing the 23rd thread being made about military area
tenor.gif

It's honestly a shame.

Still hasnt been modified though, so it's understandable.

I voted for the smaller health kits, something that I think was widely agreed upon before, and might still be on the to do list? Not entirely sure, not gonna dig through the history now.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
might aswell add my opinion too,didnt seem to go into a bad thread?

What ive realised is that;the map itself isnt bad,its the medkits and metalpacks. Have a good pyro who can flarejump well (nameiforgotxd) and soldiers who fly literally everywhere and still not end up dead 100000000 years later (Skorp)
and you will end up waiting more than playing

That is why i added the idea of moving the medkits and metalpacks all to spawn. ALL of them.Against the walls where Red spawns. This will make it significantly harder to get out in and out of spawn quickly without hale comin to get dat bootehy
but of course,once a loophole is found,it will be abused instantly

might aswell add my opinion too,didnt seem to go into a bad thread?

What ive realised is that;the map itself isnt bad,its the medkits and metalpacks. Have a good pyro who can flarejump well (nameiforgotxd) and soldiers who fly literally everywhere and still not end up dead 100000000 years later (Skorp)
and you will end up waiting more than playing

That is why i added the idea of moving the medkits and metalpacks all to spawn. ALL of them.Against the walls where Red spawns. This will make it significantly harder to get out in and out of spawn quickly without hale comin to get dat bootehy
but of course,once a loophole is found,it will be abused instantly

Seems a little unbalanced. Makes it easy for the hale to know where to look for people, it'll become a flytrap in there.

If a demo with 4 heads+ gets hit, the hale can just chase the demoman and swarm around the spawn to prevent him from being able to get back in the game.

Firstly I think Kevin should remove the old version of military, since the new one has some obstacles that could help Hale to escape from sentries or getting closer to them or even stun players.
Secondly I think it's better to shrink the Health Kits to medium size.
Thirdly, Put a Limit to Pyro, but that's Off Topic

I think making the med and ammo packs smaller is the best option, otherwise keep it as it is.
Just gonna put my opinion out there I like the older version of mili much more.

tiny medpacks, thats a no from me dawg, i think medium medpacks are more fair, because that has less of an effect on classes other than soldier, because we all know military is hated because of the soldiers

There's two military maps: military zone and military area. One of them should be removed. I don't care which one but I hate it when the two maps get voted for back to back because you're basically playing the same map twice.

As for the health kits, the three most used ones should become small hp packs with medium ammo packs, the more hidden health packs should be medium (e.g. the one under the platform) with medium ammo packs. It makes soldiers fight harder to get health while still enabling them to jump from place to place without completely screwing themselves

Still hasnt been modified though, so it's understandable.

I voted for the smaller health kits, something that I think was widely agreed upon before, and might still be on the to do list? Not entirely sure, not gonna dig through the history now.

It was supposed to be smaller HP packs, but instead we got a reworked map with the same problem.

I do think a response from Kevin or whoever manages these things would be good. This issue might be the most popular in all of vsh (combined with mantreads and goomba stomping, which this map obviously endorses)

Many regulars really hate this map and won't play hale on it. Unfortunately, its super popular and its very rare for the server not to fill up when military is on. I don't see it being removed from a vote that is 100% gonna be regulars who are active in the community. As you have said countless threads have been made about this topic and if kvn still chooses to not comment it is clear that something probably won't be done. May as well close this thread.

ye make 2 med HP, one behind the containers and the other one next to the wooden stairs because you can only get it from one side and getting away from them is a little bit harder then the others.
3 small HP packs to the other location and keep the big HP pack in the tower(only spies really using that).
or all small HP packs that would work to but it would frick over the spies and demos.
It would force the soldier to use more the black box what means only 3 rockets and more times he gets cracked by the hale. Also more of them = less full hp Sollies

Users who are viewing this thread