Declined Make it so you can't do a minigame two rounds in a row (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
As simple as the title sounds, I'm gonna need to elaborate further on this:

Basically, I feel that this could be a good rule to implement, so as to encourage variety in the minigames played, as I've seen instances where we've done the same minigame over and over again with no change. Basically, a minigame can't be done two rounds in a row. However, doing the same minigame the round after the next; for example, doing Obby one round, doing a different minigame the next round, and then doing Obby again the round after is fine.

Exceptions:
- If a RED wants to do the same minigame the next round for their LR, that's fine.
- Games like Jeopardy, Theatre, Diner, and Arena that are usually played when there's few REDs left, usually to determine who will get LR, are excluded (it's basically all the larger minigames that this rule would apply to, such as Obby, Deathrun, Sweeper, Nine Square, Crush Game, etc.)
- If the warden chooses to do a certain minigame such as Deathrun but gets killed before he can do the game, the next warden can do that minigame the next round. However, there should be a limit to how many times a warden can try to do a certain minigame if they keep getting killed (preferably 3) before they have to choose a different minigame.
- If the warden does something like Obby one round, and the next round is on a different map, they can do Obby again on the new map for the first round (after first day freeday) due to minigame differences between maps.
- If the next round is an LR day like Hunger Games, or it's Freeday for all, the round after, if it's just a normal round, the warden can do the minigame that was played before the LR day/Freeday again.

Inspiration was from a Jailbreak server I used to be an admin for, as they had a rule that operated very similar to this.

• Disagree
Reactions: Valen
Added a poll.

We already restricted forces to 2, which should in some way fix the problem, that's all I have to say.

We already restricted forces to 2, which should in some way fix the problem, that's all I have to say.
It isnt enforced currently and I dont think its going to get fixed in a long time.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Ian
Why tho? This just adds further restrictions on minigames that aren't really needed. Plus, what Ian stated above is true. Warden can only force 2 times so whats the point adding this limitation? It just sounds like more rules so that we can have variety in minigames.

We had a rule like this back on SG. Honestly, sometimes its kinda nice to keep things varied since some folks just do the same games on certain maps over and over.

BUT

More than anything it just always feels unnecessary, not worth it

So if you did party games the round before you'd pretty much be boned for the next round
you know, i never thought of that

This just sounds like chaos the way Jb has it now is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread