jb_savannah update thread (2 Viewers)

Lighting looks very purple-ish in some areas, is that intentional? Looks kind of odd imo.

Lighting looks very purple-ish in some areas, is that intentional? Looks kind of odd imo.
Nope, that's not intentional. That's the lighting being fucky.

Also yes, I swear I'm still working on it, I'm currently experiencing some bugs regarding the map crashing due to "too many indices for vertex buffer".
FUCKTHIS.png

Also yes, I swear I'm still working on it, I'm currently experiencing some bugs regarding the map crashing due to "too many indices for vertex buffer".
View attachment 26884
I believe it's due to poor optimization. Use areaportals and skip/hint brushes, there's a good guide that explains a lot of stuff. Although you should do that when you're finished with layout and stuff like that.

Reactions: hehe troll
I believe it's due to poor optimization. Use areaportals and skip/hint brushes, there's a good guide that explains a lot of stuff. Although you should do that when you're finished with layout and stuff like that.

bish ive placed areaportals at every door and ive even created ugly ass poles at basically random in the map to devide the map up into chunks and it STILL decides to fuckin fucky fucky around

i hate it so much
ive also tried deleting like a few dozen props and turning everything to a func_detail.. yet that also doesn't work

im honestly out of ideas

ive also tried deleting like a few dozen props and turning everything to a func_detail.. yet that also doesn't work
By "everything" I hope you don't actually mean everything, turning too many things into func_detail will worsen perfomance. You should only turn brushes that don't significantly affect visibility to func_detail (fences, pillars, steps, small brushes and some others).

You could also try adding some func_occluder-s.

Reactions: hehe troll
i have gathered motivation to fix every, single, areaportal leak in the map currently.
i don't know why i am doing this to myself, it probably won't work
but hey i can try

You should release the map.... NOW!
nah

If it's not ready and if it literally cannot be opened in tf2, I will not release it. :)
As simple as that.

@hehe troll Any progress on optimization? :thinking_owo:
To be fair I've kind of dropped it a tiny bit right now.. I just can't seem to figure out what on earth is causing the godforsaken issue in the first place.
It sucks.

How is the map going troll?
yeah. it's kinda not my top priority right now, since im currently focussing on getting my exams done..
the project's not dead yet, it's just not the most important thing in my life at the moment. i hope y'all understand :)

Users who are viewing this thread