Declined [JB] Re re-work the AFK freeze order (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP THE COUNT, THE CALL WAS PERFECT!!!

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
Okay, well..
I could type an entire 5000words essay on why the rule should not/should change. but I think enough input has already been added
(and lets be honest, nobody wants to read even more text about a single suggestion ::/::)

1689798452306.png

So.. i will keep it very simple. Honestly i don't see any reason to currently change the rule? if a blue wants to control the reds even more then afk freezing, they can now force the reds to look into a direction.
in my eyes, AFM only caused a lot of annoying unfair kills. sometimes i tried to grab a drink and hit my mouse. causing me to move an inch and instantly getting obliterated by blood hungry blus

For me. Jailbreak is about having fun. and this rule is just an Anti fun rule that gets reds killed most of the time by them accidently moving and forcing them to wait 10 minutes for the next round..
Changing the rules again will only create even more confusion...
(my vote is to keep the rule as it is)

• Winner
Reactions: Zee and Cowboy
I personally do not enjoy dying because i moved my mouse by mistake and my character decided to do a 90 degree turn. But if thats what you vote for I guess that's what it is.

Just please do not vote AFM. Introducing a whole new term that not many servers use is ridiculous and can only cause more confusion then if we keep it the way it is or was before.

• Winner
Reactions: Cowboy
yall folk trippin its not that deep!! i dont be killin freelookers at all cus they obviously ain mean to or they just playin around!! God bless yall tho

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.

yall folk trippin its not that deep!! i dont be killin freelookers at all cus they obviously ain mean to or they just playin around!! God bless yall tho

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.
this is the mindset we should cultivate in jb honestly, keeping new change is a better start to change the attitude to be forgiving and encouraging fun and not being killed for not even really "rebelling"

who the fuck is rigging all this shit bruh, 60% of the votes are regulars who havent played for like 3-13 months
i agree its insane that people with massive egos because they see themselves as "ogs" even though they haven't been playing the game in years somehow think that their opinion is worth anything

please keep it as it is we dont need to change a rule twice in less than a month making shit complicated
and i hate dealing with trigger happy BLUs killing me for moving my mouse

alright, i think we have enough votes. can we close the polls now and stop the count

• Dislike
Reactions: Cowboy
alright, i think we have enough votes. can we close the polls now and stop the count
That's not how democracy works lol

It's a long vote, it should give enough time for everyone to be involved and give their opinion.

• Sad
Reactions: Xergon
I'm voting to revert it or introduce no freelooking as a rule because all the examples i read through all stem from guards being trigger happy and reds clearly not following orders to afk; even telling reds that "afm is implied" is not a hard task to do if you're telling them to afk on the yellow line and then leave the window open to let them get accustomed to the game; it is obviously hard to gauge the mindsets of reds and blues overall on the server but i think it really isnt a hard thing to follow even if not told, a visual example of reds NOT looking anywhere else.
Legit what i've been noticing is that either blues are too triggerhappy and want points or want any ground to kill reds or reds want any ground to move around and nitpick orders ontop of having trouble listening to basic orders (ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU STATE AFK FREEZE 6 OR 7 TIMES??) and its why whenever I go warden is that i repeat orders multiple times ad nauseam even if i trip over words lmao I literally state it multiple times to make sure they have it in their brains to follow the order.

thats my 2 cent x3 squee

Afm and afk have always been the same thing, never been a problem in Eu jb back in the day and I see no reason why a different command for it should exist.

Afk freeze means no touching your keyboard or mouse, if you end up freelooking a pixel by accident and get killed for it then tough luck.

this is the mindset we should cultivate in jb honestly, keeping new change is a better start to change the attitude to be forgiving and encouraging fun and not being killed for not even really "rebelling"

If the order was to afk freeze then freelooking would be rebelling since you're not freezing in place.

While fun is important in any gamemode, I'd say the most fun round is one where guards don't kill any reds and no reds try to rebel, yet I doubt that's what reds want.

First off @Flynt, before I say what I am about to say I just want to preface and say I respect you as a fellow admin and I appreciate the work you do for the servers and I value your opinion.

However I just have to be blunt and say you have one of the worst and most detrimental takes on jailbreak I have ever seen in my life.

never been a problem in Eu jb back in the day
Actually, From what I've been told and have seen, EU Jailbreak had many problems with it which caused it to now be a completely defunct server. This was due to admins like Cammy back in the day running the server into the ground by over moderation and causing an environment which forced guards to become strict. This directly conflicts with our current method of administrating with a more relaxed approach. The old AFK term also directedly conflicted with that more relaxed atmosphere the server has adopted when it comes to guards conduct.

if you end up freelooking a pixel by accident and get killed for it then tough luck.
I don't even know what to even say to this? Part of me thinks you're genuinely joking around but part of me is sure that you aren't.

Cool, you get 2 seconds of serotonin for blasting a guy for moving his mouse slightly, but maxgamer69 gets to sit out a whole fucking round for bumping his desk after taking a drink from his coffee. Great for you that you get to have those points, but ruins the round for the other guy.

While fun is important in any gamemode, I'd say the most fun round is one where guards don't kill any reds and no reds try to rebel, yet I doubt that's what reds want.
I....

That sounds like it's only fun for YOU. Jailbreak should be equally fun for both Reds and Blues. The Game mode is quite literally called Jailbreak. If players didn't rebel, that would mean guards would just be sitting there for the entire round doing nothing, what would even be the point of playing guard?

First off @Flynt, before I say what I am about to say I just want to preface and say I respect you as a fellow admin and I appreciate the work you do for the servers and I value your opinion.

However I just have to be blunt and say you have one of the worst and most detrimental takes on jailbreak I have ever seen in my life.

Actually, From what I've been told and have seen, EU Jailbreak had many problems with it which caused it to now be a completely defunct server. This was due to admins like Cammy back in the day running the server into the ground by over moderation and causing an environment which forced guards to become strict. This directly conflicts with our current method of administrating with a more relaxed approach. The old AFK term also directedly conflicted with that more relaxed atmosphere the server has adopted when it comes to guards conduct.

I don't even know what to even say to this? Part of me thinks you're genuinely joking around but part of me is sure that you aren't.

Cool, you get 2 seconds of serotonin for blasting a guy for moving his mouse slightly, but maxgamer69 gets to sit out a whole fucking round for bumping his desk after taking a drink from his coffee. Great for you that you get to have those points, but ruins the round for the other guy.

I....

That sounds like it's only fun for YOU. Jailbreak should be equally fun for both Reds and Blues. The Game mode is quite literally called Jailbreak. If players didn't rebel, that would mean guards would just be sitting there for the entire round doing nothing, what would even be the point of playing guard?

No problem cowboy, I do tend to have those controversial opinions ;).

Also doing this on the phone while at work so my reply isn't well structured.

On the topic of eu JB, that server was doing well when cammy was around, don't know where people got the idea from that he ran it into the ground, Eu ended up dying well beyond cammy's admin period. If we're talking about it dying I'd say that happened a bit after Wolf changed the Jb rules. Don't know if that killed it or some of the admins at the time but that's beyond my knowledge.

As for this afk freeze thing I feel like it should be reverted back, if people want to freelook then they should ask the warden if they can, that's how we did it back in the day.👴

For the fun part everybody likes something else, some like it the way I do, some your way and some both. But i don't feel like this change would add anything to the "fun".

I Understand that some might not agree with me but honestly this was an undeeded change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread