Declined [JB] Re re-work the AFK freeze order (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real nerd emoji move here I know, but I did read *most* of the posts here.
Personally I would like AFM to be it's own separate term, but Cowboy does make a valid point in 'why do we even need AFM'.

For me it's just one of those nice to have sorta things. Staring down a line of spastic reds is fine and all, but it's nice being able to make them stop their visual assault every now and again. Additionally (and this might be confirmation bias) I am asked for a repeat/have my orders misconstrued, FAR less often when the reds are both AFK and AFM.

As was mentioned much earlier on in this forum, but the problem is and always will be; trigger happy blus, and I would also like to add reds that don't read.
Trigger happy blus have REALLY abused AFM being implied with AFK, often catching players that are AFK but benignly freelooking off-guard. Because the red did a teensie weensie rule break that I, and most other regulars will always let slide, they are forced to sit out a whole round if the wrong blu catches them. If Zenon is choosing his lr then that round could be upwards of 11 minutes, which simply put is a rather unfair trade.
Reds that don't read are a massive thorn too. Lil Jimmy practicing that doesn't-read-the-rules into whine-about-freekill combo. In the past, they would whine about being AFK but not AFM, and then doubling down when told AFM is implied. If AFM is entirely removed they'll whine about the specifics like melee swinging not being AFK even though it ashullly relashates to the moushe not the keyboarsh. Splitting the terms will also face a similar problem, and my point is that people that don't read the rules hold some weight in the issue at hand. Helping new players out is a lofty goal, but it should be expected they at least glance at the rules or have a basic prior understanding of jb terms.

I could entirely live without AFM, but that is my personal preference as a resident blue main loser baby.
P.S Don't vote on the poll if you haven't played Jb in like 18 moons or have like 3 hours playtime

Attachments

• Meow.jpg
    Meow.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Agree
Reactions: Cowboy
P.S Don't vote on the poll if you haven't played Jb in like 18 moons or have like 3 hours playtime

Doesn't matter if you haven't played in a while or only played for 3 hours, if you played Jb on Panda then you should be free to voice your opinion or vote. I'd agree if they've never played Jb and doesn't know anything about Jb in general.

Real opinion: just let it be and don't change the rule we already have orders that force reds to face somewhere which is more efficient yet slightly less strict than just outright no freelooking
we don't need AFM when we have facing cells orders that are better are making rebellers not plan escapes

Nice voter turnout

1692320057254.png

The final tallies for options 1 and 3 are inflated by 2 votes each due to someone using forum alts to attempt to skew the vote the final tally for those options are 31 and 40 respectively. I do not believe a second round of voting is needed as keeping the rule as-is has a 21 vote (20%) lead over the second most popular option.

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread