Completed [JB] Re-add the original District and remove Hopjb V8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for my part love the simplicity of hopv8 and the old District. Newer district gets overplaxed with fucking mechanic & pmr (i only played 2hrs on it) v11 (EVERY FUCKING TIME When there is just the posibillity of playing prophunt or sumo you bet its played) (Prophunt has its own dedicated Server go do that if u want)

How much is buns paying y’all to keep his map?

I for my part love the simplicity of hopv8 and the old District. Newer district gets overplaxed with fucking mechanic & pmr (i only played 2hrs on it) v11 (EVERY FUCKING TIME When there is just the posibillity of playing prophunt or sumo you bet its played) (Prophunt has its own dedicated Server go do that if u want)

You're blaming maps for a warden issue

+ Overplaying mechanics and pmr was only an occurence when the map first got added because obviously players were interested with brand new minigames, just like jb_colors.
Wardens pick different minigames nowadays that they know the map better.

• Agree
Reactions: Bananawastaken
Hi sorry to interrupt but this could be an issue in removal.

Is Hopjb V8 still popular to be voted up or has v11 taken it's place? It's currently the most played map but I'm thinking it is old data that is putting it at the top but I'd rather check that is this map still being voted up via map change vote or not?

If I also remember isn't this the default map for when the server crashes @Semicolon Backslash ? Is there a plan to assign it to a new map or am I mistaken?

Is Hopjb V8 still popular to be voted up or has v11 taken it's place? It's currently the most played map but I'm thinking it is old data that is putting it at the top but I'd rather check that is this map still being voted up via map change vote or not?

If I also remember isn't this the default map for when the server crashes @Semicolon Backslash ? Is there a plan to assign it to a new map or am I mistaken?
v11 replaced v8 as the default map when it was first added

Is Hopjb V8 still popular to be voted up or has v11 taken it's place? It's currently the most played map but I'm thinking it is old data that is putting it at the top but I'd rather check that is this map still being voted up or not?

just assign carnival as the default map, im sure that will work just fine....
(looking at you people crashing the server in carnival)

• Funny
Reactions: Madact
I'm hoping my comment about if this map gets voted up still or not isn't ignored. I'm probably going to get the 'why does it matter?'. If the map is still being voted up and is ranked most played we won't remove it. (and I can imagine the argument about this, but this isn't negotiable)

I remember a couple of days ago I played on US jailbreak and the map was v8. Not sure if that was a a one off

I'm hoping my comment about if this map gets voted up still or not isn't ignored. I'm probably going to get the 'why does it matter?'. If the map is still being voted up and is ranked most played we won't remove it.

I remember a couple of days ago I played on US jailbreak and the map was v8. Not sure if that was a a one off
Personal experience suggests that nobody really nominates v8 over v11 and it gets voted in the same way that literally any map can get voted in if it's on the first vote slot.

Personal experience suggests that nobody really nominates v8 over v11 and it gets voted in the same way that literally any map can get voted in if it's on the first vote slot.
That makes me wonder if the map is being nominated early to appear in first vote slot.

I can't speak for the times when I'm offline but from what I've seen, there are quite a few instances where we go on unpopular maps because nobody nominates anything.

I'm hoping my comment about if this map gets voted up still or not isn't ignored. I'm probably going to get the 'why does it matter?'. If the map is still being voted up and is ranked most played we won't remove it.

v8 is not listed as one of the top played maps of the last 30 days according to gametracker.
1661271324743.png

If I use the same ranking method that I used here that reduces bias towards old maps, I found that hopjb v8 on its own would score 106 while v11 scored a 128 on its own. This would still place these maps as some of the most popular maps on the server.

That being said too much of a good thing can still hurt the server, playing too much of these very identical maps will still tire players out of these maps faster. And quite frankly if we added a third hopjb version like v7 or b5 it would still probably rank high because people love hop.

v8 is not listed as one of the top played maps of the last 30 days according to gametracker.
View attachment 24181

If I use the same ranking method that I used here that reduces bias towards old maps, I found that hopjb v8 on its own would score 106 while v11 scored a 128 on its own. This would still place these maps as some of the most popular maps on the server.

That being said too much of a good thing can still hurt the server, playing too much of these very identical maps will still tire players out of these maps faster. And quite frankly if we added a third hopjb version like v7 or b5 it would still probably rank high because people love hop.

I disagree with the last sentence but this is a good find completely forgot about gametracker.

I can see v11 made it to the chart. That's good enough for v8 to be considered removal.

• Useful
Reactions: LilSpaceMan
Back during the peak of Hopjb's popularity, when everyone supported the idea of v8 being added, I remember human made a suggestion not too long after to have b5 added (a far more primitive version of Hopjb with a completely different Obby, no Climb, no Stairway, a Piano in place of where Dodgeball is now, and no way to get into Burger King), which didn't pass, this goes to show how popular Hopjb was back then.

Nostalgic was probably a poor choice of words to describe the OG District, but to me it would probably have the most differences to it's remade counterpart compared to other maps with two versions in our pool (Minecraft, Famouz, and Hopjb).

hop_v8 better + old district was fun to play for years, don't mind if its added or not, but v8 was fun :( plus it has similar games to its of version. v11 kinda sucks with battle boats and prop hunt being a little buggy :(

To drive my hopjb v8 deathrun point home, here I have the oldest possible version of HopJB we could find, ba_jail_hopjb_b3 (This like like 9-10 years old approximately?)

View attachment 24169
View attachment 24170

Let's check out the Deathrun:

View attachment 24171

Oh.
Deathrun in hopjb_v8 is the same as it was 9-10 years ago.
People are advocating keeping v8 because of a deathrun that's as ancient as TF2 Jailbreak itself.
I cant believe you guys found this, i need the download

1661859180398.png

Hopjb v8 will be removed but district_a4fix will not be re-added.

Added to whatever the current jb map task is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread