Completed [JB] Re-add the original District and remove Hopjb V8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Which map is the suggestion about? jb_district_a4fix and ba_hopjb_v8

What do you want to happen to these maps? Re-add the original District and remove the v8 of Hopjb.

Why do you want these map changes?
- DISTRICT: There's no denying that the remake of District is amazing and one of the best, most well-designed maps in our pool right now, but I still feel somewhat nostalgic for the original District. I'm suggesting this because I truly feel the original District is different enough, both in having minigames not found on the remake (such as Train Dash, Deathrun, OG Stage Chaos, Steady Pace, and a completely different Climb) and in it's style (a darker, more abandoned sketchy suburb vibe vs. the remake's upbeat daytime atmopshere) to be able to be included. Differences in style bring me to my next suggestion:
- HOPJB: Both versions of Hopjb we have are exactly the same in style and atmosphere, and the v8 exclusive minigames (Nine Square, Four Corners, and a mediocre Deathrun) don't make the far superior minigames in v11 worth it, all unlike District (and the District remake has the distinction of being...well, a remake, while v11 of Hopjb is significantly different from v8 but isn't classified as a remake). As well, we now have v12 out, which features a completely redesigned Disco (when it will be added depends on when Kevin will wake up).

Also, regarding other maps with two different versions: Minecraft has the opposite problem as Hopjb (nighttime version has a different atmosphere but almost the same minigames minus Spleef Arena, but the cool additions to the night version such as the village, the barn, and the house make it superior to the daytime version, and we're already in the process of voting the daytime version out), and Famouz is a kind of a mix of both different style and atmosphere but to a lesser extent than District.

yeah please remove v8 I dont really wanna see an old version get tossed around just for some bad minigames

also nostalgia is not a good reason to bring a map back especially since its an inherently flawed map in the way it was made (absolutely no optimization)

Crap I forgot to enable multiple votes, can an admin fix that?

yeah please remove v8 I dont really wanna see an old version get tossed around just for some bad minigames

also nostalgia is not a good reason to bring a map back especially since its an inherently flawed map in the way it was made (absolutely no optimization)
I don't think nostalgia is bad, If someone derives enjoyment out of a map even if its a bad map, its valid. I really like volcano even tho in terms of "flaws" it has alot.

• Informative
Reactions: ballsack
I don't think nostalgia is bad, If someone derives enjoyment out of a map even if its a bad map, its valid. I really like volcano even tho in terms of "flaws" it has alot.
its not a matter of it being bad or not, its a matter of it being unplayable for a lot of people with lower tier computers

I had plans of making a poll similar to this one for the longest time but never got around to doing it.

There is absolutely no reason to keep hopjb_v8 just because v11 is missing deathrun (A minigame that isn't even special whatsoever) Whoever keeps repeating this is either memeing or just has the most illogical opinions known to man.
I don't think anyone enjoys playing basically an identical, slightly downgraded map for another hour.

Going by their logic, why aren't we keeping the original district because it has steady pace, deathrun, nuke secret? Atleast both districts are wildly different compared to both hopjbs, and going back to the original and the remake gives a nice view into how it was improved after the span of 4 years.

Keep in mind original district has non existent optimization and no original minigames, but so does snowday v9 people begged to be added back.

- HOPJB: Both versions of Hopjb we have are exactly the same in style and atmosphere, and the v8 exclusive minigames (Nine Square, Four Corners, and a mediocre Deathrun) don't make the far superior minigames in v11 worth it, all unlike District (and the District remake has the distinction of being...well, a remake, while v11 of Hopjb is significantly different from v8 but isn't classified as a remake). As well, we now have v12 out, which features a completely redesigned Disco (when it will be added depends on when Kevin will wake up).
Correction on the statement on bold, I meant to say the unique, superior minigames in v11 don't make the ones on v8 worth it.

• Disagree
Reactions: _Black
To drive my hopjb v8 deathrun point home, here I have the oldest possible version of HopJB we could find, ba_jail_hopjb_b3 (This like like 9-10 years old approximately?)

20220823102454_1.jpg

20220823102458_1.jpg

Let's check out the Deathrun:

20220823102509_1.jpg

Oh.
Deathrun in hopjb_v8 is the same as it was 9-10 years ago.
People are advocating keeping v8 because of a deathrun that's as ancient as TF2 Jailbreak itself.

Crap I forgot to enable multiple votes, can an admin fix that?
Fixed.

Having two of the same map on the server is redundant at this point, both hopjb's (and famous's and snowdays's) are way more similar than people make them out to be, I've often seen people confuse them together. Having two of the same map also often leads to the map being played twice in a row so instead of playing hopjb for at max an hour and 15 minutes, you are instead playing hopjb for up to 2 and a half hours.

- DISTRICT: There's no denying that the remake of District is amazing and one of the best, most well-designed maps in our pool right now, but I still feel somewhat nostalgic for the original District. I'm suggesting this because I truly feel the original District is different enough, both in having minigames not found on the remake (such as Train Dash, Deathrun, OG Stage Chaos, Steady Pace, and a completely different Climb) and in it's style (a darker, more abandoned sketchy suburb vibe vs. the remake's upbeat daytime atmopshere) to be able to be included. Differences in style bring me to my next suggestion:

It makes no sense to bring the old district back, nobody played it back then no one will play it now especially when there's a shiny new district people like way more. This will probably just leave people confused and voting for a4fix when they mean to vote for remake. If you want a map with a similar style to the og district jb_stormfront will probably work for you.

Nostalgia is a bad reason to re-add a map. The maps will get replayed for a week and then people will not care. Snowday has not been played too much more since v9 was re-added, and jb_famous_final sits as the least played map on rotation. Nostalgia wears off at some point and, people stop caring.

Nostalgia is a bad reason to re-add a map. The maps will get replayed for a week and then people will not care. Snowday has not been played too much more since v9 was re-added, and jb_famous_final sits as the least played map on rotation. Nostalgia wears off at some point and, people stop caring.
1661250406949 (2).png

V11 in my thoughts is bad I don’t like how battle boats is open making it that you have to walk in a straight line when trying to run and get amo. I do like though the armory with the 4 ways of getting in but really I like the old one more.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black
I truly feel the original District is different enough, both in having minigames not found on the remake (such as Train Dash, Deathrun, OG Stage Chaos, Steady Pace, and a completely different Climb)
Why put a map back in for maps that people didn’t like or rarely played on?
I never had played Stage Chaos, Train Dash is a luck based minigames (who likes those + its an 1/3 chance of living but I always die on it), Im pretty sure I almost fell asleep on deathrun just because of how slow some of the traps can go, and people are ass at climb so half the population of reds who suck at skill die since they cant strafe for dear life (most of the time climb is played first so have fun waiting 8 minutes), you can also die at the very end if you have low health since the teleport box hurts you.
The only mini game I wish that can be added to the remake is steady pace, as that one was kinda fun.
Obby and Steady Pace were the only maps I liked on the original district.

Oh yea remove v8, I was one of the people who kept it for dr, but now it just feels off going from the same map to a different version of it. Im also tired of playing on hop. (v11 sucks!!!!!)

About hop v8
I dont like hop v8, its kind of bland and boring if i am honest with it having one unique minigame that sucks terribly, i think we should kind of remove both of the versions because hop is just a mediocre map that we have had for a while now, and yeah its just mediocre.
time to see the next map to be added be just as bland.
About old district
It's a nice map, but the newer version is way better and i think we should just stay with the newer version in our map pool since its just a straight up improvement from the original district and my brother in christ we get:
hit and run, mechanics, hotel chaos and an airport arena, in the new district, what more could you ask for? So yeah, dont add old district back.

What do i think is supposed to happen?
Old district wont come back and hop v8 should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread