Declined [JB] Disallow Color Chaser, and Simon Says (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

I get that these are relatively firm game modes within our community with certain individuals, but they directly go against the idea behind our ruleset to disallow tricking, and misleading orders. Colors tend to become unclear in color chaser since there can be confusion, and interpretation of what you believe to be a color, such as a reddish orange versus a pure red, since color chaser is involving the closest of a particular color this can just lead to confusion and misleading orders. Look at the red-white color spectrum for example, this covers a large number of colors without including neighboring colors such as a red-magenta, or a red-orange.
reds.jpg

As for Simon says my problem lies with the fact that new orders don't override old ones in this game mode, and it functions near exact similar to the way day's function (which are banned from being played mind you). I do not believe these minigames fit our game Mode based on our ruleset and need to be outright prohibited.

Reactions: iamhuman
I dunno, Honestly I personally don’t like limiting our scope of games just because it doesn’t “follow the broader ruleset”, I don’t think its broadly harmful to the community nor to players in the server.

Personally, as much as these games might be confusing as some Blus aren't always the most clear thinkers and there are contradictions with our 400 page rulebook, I wouldn't want them removed.

We already limit so many things that any new players just starting out or players from different communities cannot play the game without being shit on and get labeled as a Wonderland player (because Wonderland is of course the ONLY other existing community with a jailbreak server that has rules that differ with ours). I bet 90% of players on Panda don't even know how many things are actually prohibited compared to other servers. Yes, it's okay to be different from other servers and to have different rules that people enjoy, but we shouldn't go out to ban everything that might contradict a single phrase in the rulebook.

Color Chaser is a little problematic at times because no 2 jailbreak players can agree on anything, so I could see why people would want it removed. I bid to keep it since I haven't seen it played in literally 2 years and it's a bit of nostalgia to play it every once in a while. As for Simon Says, I think it's a fun way to get the warden to think how to catch the Reds lacking and for Reds to be able to interpret which orders to follow and which ones to not. Not to mention all the nostalgia of the entire Red team getting bamboozled and blown up, so I also bid to keep Simons Says.

Color Chaser is a little problematic at times because no 2 jailbreak players can agree on anything, so I could see why people would want it removed. I bid to keep it since I haven't seen it played in literally 2 years and it's a bit of nostalgia to play it every once in a while.
I'll have to agree on Addster here, Color Chaser barely gets played at all. In fact, it doesn't get played until now. Unless Color Chaser becomes problematic where it leads to freekills I say remove it but until then keep it.
As for Simon says my problem lies with the fact that new orders don't override old ones in this game mode, and it functions near exact similar to the way day's function
I really don't find Simon says that problematic at all. We can't just outright ban simon says just because new orders don't override old ones then we can make a possible suggestion for that. It really feels unnecessary to remove this if that issue can be fixed by a suggestion.
I dunno, Honestly I personally don’t like limiting our scope of games just because it doesn’t “follow the broader ruleset”, I don’t think its broadly harmful to the community nor to players in the server.
I would also have to agree on this, limiting minigames just because they don't follow the jb ruleset makes jailbreak honestly stale from doing the classic old "Go to obby" for the 100th time. If the ruleset limits the fun then I don't see the point in restricting it unless the problem is that bad.

An LR only simon says would often lead to just a regular round being played. You can only play simon says for oh so long until everyone just catches on.

I thought Color Chaser was already banned? (EDIT: NVM it isn't, it's just I've never seen it played ever).

Regardless, I'm not really a fan of Simon Says either, it's basically just a legal way to give trick orders.

I get that these are relatively firm game modes within our community with certain individuals, but they directly go against the idea behind our ruleset to disallow tricking, and misleading orders. Colors tend to become unclear in color chaser since there can be confusion, and interpretation of what you believe to be a color, such as a reddish orange versus a pure red, since color chaser is involving the closest of a particular color this can just lead to confusion and misleading orders. Look at the red-white color spectrum for example, this covers a large number of colors without including neighboring colors such as a red-magenta, or a red-orange.
View attachment 23590
As for Simon says my problem lies with the fact that new orders don't override old ones in this game mode, and it functions near exact similar to the way day's function (which are banned from being played mind you). I do not believe these minigames fit our game Mode based on our ruleset and need to be outright prohibited.
Simon says is also just tricking reds: the "minigame".

1659612631394.png

Declined based off of poll results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread