Completed [JB]Allow custom minigames that include the killing of Reds (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addster

Donator
This thread is to simplify this other thread, which was primarily about the custom minigame I made, "Bench Jumping." There's a lot of confusion as to what the main point of what that suggestion was, so I've been told to make a new one for this topic specifically. My post on the matter is what this suggestion is correlated to. Restating it to make things easier:

-----------------------------------------------------

Bench jumping (a custom minigame I originally created) is where you make all reds jump from one bench to another on jb_carcerem. Benches pictured below.
1658894408400.png
The rules are simple: jump from one bench to the other without touching the ground. If you touch the ground, you're KOS. If you successfully jump from one bench to the other, you survive. Reds go one at a time. The catch of the game is to avoid hitting the branch of the tree next to the benches, which kills your momentum.

Bench jumping has been outlawed ever since one member of the admin team has said it's considered point farming, because the Blus are killing the Reds themselves in a custom minigame, instead of killing them in a minigame or a minigame killing them. Since that admin established the precedent that this custom minigame is point farming, most the rest of the admin team has followed along as I know of. This also essentially means any custom minigame involving any Blus killing Reds is banned, too, since that's essentially the problem being focused on. I don't get the point in enforcing such a restrictive rule. I thought the point of jailbreak was to have fun, experiment with new things, and spice things up to make playing more enjoyable. It doesn't make sense either, since there are so many minigames (ex: Theater) and even basic warden's orders (ex: somebody disobeys "All reds AFK") include the killing of Reds; how is that not considered point farming? If Blus want to pointfarm, they'll find a way to do it, like Simon Says for that matter. There is nowhere in the rules stating this, it's a strictly admin-enforced rule. It wouldn't matter if it were in the rules anyway since 98% of people haven't read them.

-----------------------------------------------------

The main point of this thread is to reallow custom minigames that involve the killing of Reds outside of normal, conventional minigames. As of now, the act of doing a custom minigame involving killing the reds is considered point farming by the admin team (I'm saying this even though there has been some confusion between some of the JB team; just to make things easier).

i didnt even read the whole thing i just like the idea of bench jumping and knocking homeless people over

Reactions: ballsack
I think custom minigames should be well known to the point where a lot of people know the rules and how to do them. So they won't be a hard time explaining it to others

also
image_2022-07-27_001504655.png

Cant wait for admins having to explain why my custom minigame is favortism :cryingrn:

honestly this should be added it adds to more minigames being added and fun and Jb can see a whole new world of games :)

The main point of this thread is to reallow custom minigames that involve the killing of Reds outside of normal, conventional minigames. As of now, the act of doing a custom minigame involving killing the reds is considered point farming by the admin team (I'm saying this even though there has been some confusion between some of the JB team; just to make things easier).
Typically, I won't enforce this unless like the minigame is like damn bad (Which literally only happens 0% of the time) but its a great thing that its brought up here.

Part of the concern is pointfarming but literally you are trying to get your creative games for the reds to play so it really doesn't matter. Plus HLstat is a pointless system on a jailbreak environment anyways so why does it matter so much?

I think I should explain why this rule was made back in the day.
Please be aware this is not me agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion. Just some knowledge about the past that might shed the light on why it's in place.

From what I remember, back in EU jailbreak & early days of US jailbreak, that blues would play games such as shark and another game that's skipped my memory but the one where you come up for air = you get shot. (personal opinion: i miss those games as they provided pool with a purpose)
What happened is that it was found that these games where played more often than others. To the point where other minigames where ignored (map games in particular) in favour of games that let blues gain points quicker to climb ranks.
The lr chosen would then usually be hunger games (there was an obsession given hunger games was all the range) so yeah...it double downed on map minigames ignored.

And there it is. Times have changed that is understandable so keep in mind what happened back then does may or may not apply now. But understand that the past is different from the present and as time overs on for panda these rules stay until someone brings it up.

I'm glad Addster did this suggestion after I read the other one. Gives me one less thing to bring up and this suggestion is very well setup. I'll edited the poll a little with a deadline and a viewing point for those that just wanna hang back and enjoy the show!

Yeah, I just dont want the gamemode degrading to custom minigames in cell area with no chance of rebelling. especially on maps like carcarem, since the cells only have 1 exit

I agree because it's obvious the rules about point farming contradict a bunch of already existing allowed minigames.

roulette, true or false, trivia, coloring clash, theater, diner, freeze dance, prop hunt, any trick order loopholes, bowling, golf

Not going to vote since I'm not a regular in Jailbreak, but as long as these aren't constantly used then I'd say this should be fine. Also they'd have to be somewhat creative, nothing like the "first reaction, last reaction" bullshit they pulled back in the day.

hlstats is useless but Madact's point stands. i think theres an abundance of lazy fuckers in blu team so the easy elimination games will be played more than other games.

• Agree
Reactions: Zee
I want to separate the point farming rule and this other rule for a second as it seems to keep merging with it

The point farming rule is those that abuse the point system to gain more points that do things folks wouldn't do during normal gameplay. Such a building a particular building then destroying it over and over, getting other involved to sit on your teleporter to gain point. Getting a spy to sap well the engie keep hitting it off (while being friendly) . Getting your friend to afk while you kill him over and over again, etc.
I see that it's stated within this suggestion that 'no one cares about points' Perhaps US jailbreak doesn't, but not completely. I can assure you that other server however do thus that rule is not being challenged. If you want that one to be challenged you make another suggestion and include all servers.

The rule that is being challenged is allowing custom minigames that need blues to kill reds in order to work. It's not actually point farming as it's achieved through normal gameplay (if allowed). It will be used by people who do care about their rank or cannot be bothered to move the red team to other parts of the map. I think this is where the 'custom minigames cannot be played in main cell area' as to stop meatgrinder constantly being played within cell area and gave rebelers a chance to escape then being stuck in cell area. But is that rule staying or is gone? I've not been keeping up with the rules. Didn't meatgrinder rule get changed too?

There are other factors to consider when removing a rule and I want those to be clear during this.

i agree with the suggestion and i think its cool. thank you for coming to my highly waited for feedback

honestly though yeah, these creative games are harmless and shouldn't be lumped with pointfarming, I think there is already a rule in rules section that says the warden has the ability to create minigames, or im misremembering

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
I wouldn't mind them, would give some variety, as long as they aren't constantly overused.

Since a bunch of people are concerned with potential overuse of these games, perhaps we could attach a requirement that a standard map minigame (ex. 9square) must be played first. It would help solve the issue of rebelling and help prevent overuse.
From an outsiders perspective that seems overly complicated and unintuitive. If I were to join the Jailbreak server for the first time and saw someone play a fun custom minigame that I would want to play as well I wouldn't know, or even suspect, that you have to play a regular minigame first. While you could argue that players are supposed to read the rules first anyways I find it a little much to expect every player that wants to casually play on our jailbreak server to study a novel first before being able to play on the blu team risk free even if they don't have any ill intentions and play considerately and in good conscience.

1659785045002.png

Custom games will be allowed, however at the request of the admin team they must be done out of the range of the cell area.

Reactions: vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread