Completed Jailbreak VSH LR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNN

Donator
Hello,

I suggest we make a VSH LR for NYJB server. I have already tested it out on another server, and everyone was happy about it.

For those who don't know how it works:
There will be only one player on blue team, which means no warden. Every player exept the blue player spawns with ammo, also on a different location, where the goal is to kill the hale. The hale spawn with a high amount of HP and his goal is to kill the entire red team. If you still don't understand it, I suggest you visit server #5 VSH.

I have spoken to @Not TBotV63 to try find plugin for this LR, and he will check it out. I also spoke to @Madact to see if it was OK to add this as an suggestion.

Feel free to add any feedback on it. If you know where plugin can be found just go directly to (not) Tbot.

I believe you are talking about this plugin (correct me if I'm wrong)
Its an updated and newer version of the plugin we currently run on panda and it has a built in vsh lr and general lr improvements for the dev side.

Ah yes, lets put a different gamemode in another where it shouldn't be. Uh-huh.
I love the ability to point farm and always win when you're going to be the hale.
I love the fact that we will be playing on maps not designed for VSH.
I love the fact that engineers won't be able to build and the fact that classes won't have the same things you would have in VSH E.G. a demo shield blocking a hit or eyelander gaining heads every hit.

If you want to play VSH go on...VSH.

Seems like a good idea. If this were in jb, then maybe make the limit for using it from like 1-2 per map to make it not repetitive (although that happens with most lr's anyway :p). One thing to say though, is it possible to change the spawning area of the blu from where they usually spawn in armory. Like, is the map able to support that for a specific lr or would u have to make a new hale spawn for each map. Also, would the health be too extreme? If these things are sorted out I would like to see it in the game though

If you want to play VSH go on...VSH.
/thread

Added a poll, votes are public to see if specific "factions" prefer either option.
Keep in mind that with updating the jailbreak plugin other things might change as well and bring unforeseeable problems.

Honestly I like the idea, but I am skeptical.

I can already see a bunch of people spam joining blue team and pray they get to be hale, and seeing as admins get a reserved slot on blue team that could be an easy snag.
Also, it definitely would be a cheesey way of snagging points for game me, some people really care about that so I can see there being a fuss about it.

I guess if you don't care all that much about gameme points or having hopes of ever being the lonely blue member then yes, it sounds great.
Definitely limit it though. If it were to be added, it shouldn't be allowed more then 1 time per map. I can definitely see it initially getting spammed every map after first lr by most regs, then like I said a giant fuss about who gets to be the actual hale.

Not gonna vote, too up in the air for me and everyone has a fair argument.

• Dumb
Reactions: Jim
Will this require a change in the gamemode pluggin? I don't particularly want that to happen as there could be issues with that. I'm perfectly happy with what we've got now compared to what we had back in the old jb days of glitchness. I mean there's still some things off but most of the time it's fluid and works.
If there is a way to add it without changing the whole thing that runs jailbreak, yeah why not lmao but I want to see how it fully works before stepping into the deep end of 'YES M8'. By 'Fully works' I mean it's played and tested. All good playing on another server to 'test', but I want to see it run on the panda dev server.

Good luck with all this! ::P::

• Winner
Reactions: ZeroPC
  • Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: Madact and TWC
It supposedly is a better version. But it's still in development so it will most certainly have its own problems.

There are already a couple larger servers that use it to my knowledge. It's been in development since sometime in December 2017 and development hasn't stalled yet, which is already more than can be said for TF2Jail.

Ok from my experience adding vhs as an lr could be fun but as hard as it is for new players having none of the red advanteges (most JB maps are inside a building) and Hales super jump would be pointless but I'm exited if you guys can make it work by all means add it ( I voted no by accident it's supposed to be yes I apologise)

From my experience with the new JB plugin, it does have miscellaneous changes the the "standards" of the old JB plugin.

back when we tested the updated jailbreak plugin this used to work flawlessly if i remember correctly?
i'll edit the tag to started and we should finalize the new plugin update in the next upcoming days so that this is implemented aswell.

Reactions: Jimjo
I don’t think there was any big issues with it, but @ZeroPC should still have the note from when we tested it with you.

this will ship once we introduce the jailbreak redux version i'll close it for now.

Reactions: Racer911-1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread