Declined Jailbreak Suggestion: Give reds Mini-Crits for 30 seconds upon gaining rebel status for the first time. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Panda JB casually for about 2 years now, I see a lot of people suggesting to remove blu's crits about every month of every year, which I think is the wrong approach. It's almost kind of nice that blues are very strong, as when you finally kill a warden it feels pretty great. However, one thing I do think reds need is a small buff that only applies when they actually succeed in rebelling, one that applies to every class. This would only apply the first time getting rebel status, and wouldn't apply to boston basher bleed damage.

So, my idea was to give reds a mini crit boost for 30 seconds. Why? Here are a few reasons:

1. Rebel status announcement

When reds rebel (either by hitting a guard or by getting ammo), their name appears in bright colors in the chat, announcing that they are KOS and have Rebelled. This, I think is a necessary evil. It can make it a little unfair for those who have finally managed to trick the guards, only to announce the location they are most likely in the moment they rebel, with little to no hope of escape. However, on the other hand, removing it would be bad for new/inexperienced guards (the majority), as hunting rebelling would be difficult and would be too much of a buff for reds. However, giving them a small DPS boost would force blus to back off for 30 seconds, or risk getting into a fight with a red who can dish out more damage.

2. Introduces 2 new playstyle for Reds to choose, adding variety to gameplay.

With this new feature, reds would have 3 options to choose for rebelling:

Melee rushing: Usually, this ends terribly for anyone who doesn't have crit boosts or boston basher, and is usually a non-option for experienced players. However, with this new feature, if you're able to successfully get in two hits as a red, you'll most likely be able to finish off more classes than you normally can (usually, you have to rely on crits to kill non-light classes). While this will still be difficult, and have a small chance of success, it'll still be a decent last resort for those dead set on rebelling.

Hiding: Hiding, which is the defacto strategy for most reds, has them waiting for blus to stop searching for them as hard, and killing them right at the moment when they aren't expecting it. It's a perfectly valid strategy, and currently the best strategy Panda JB has to offer. With this new buff, I don't think it would be nerfed hard, it would just be an equal to the other playstyles, trading raw DPS for the element of surprise.

Run and Gun: This would be basically a completely new strategy. With this one, you'd have blus on high alert every time they see a rebel status, getting ready to protect the warden (again, also helping with the rebel status announcements). As a red, you wouldn't be able to pick off the warden as easy as you normally would, but you could more easily kill blus that are alone. This would work very differently with each class as well, giving them all alternating strategies that are unique to them, something you don't have in the vanilla Panda JB experience.

3. Give Reds more long range damage options

As it is, the only real option you have as a red for long range combat is sniper. While sniper is a fine class, it can be a little annoying to not have the same long range capabilities as blus do when you play any other class. With this new feature, the minicrits would remove damage falloff. While still being able to be picked off by a good blu sniper, or a lucky blu winger scout, you'd still have the capability to deal chip damage from far away, which I think would be nice.

4. More inviting to new players

I personally think this one is the most valuable bonus out of them all. Giving new, inexperienced reds an edge in combat would be very welcoming, and might even boost server activity.

I don’t think that there is a plugin out there that could even do that, let alone some who did want to. And plus, I don’t think it is needed, rebels can easily sneak up on blus and get good damage on them

I don’t think that there is a plugin out there that could even do that, let alone some who did want to. And plus, I don’t think it is needed, rebels can easily sneak up on blus and get good damage on them
You usually cannot sneak up on blus properly due to the rebel status announcement blus get, because they become defensive and wary

Edit: On second thought, most blus won't get defensive, but the experienced ones will. However, I still think that reds should have a fighting chance against even the most experienced blus.

• Disagree
Reactions: vinny
You usually cannot sneak up on blus properly due to the rebel status announcement blus get, because they become defensive and wary

Edit: On second thought, most blus won't get defensive, but the experienced ones will. However, I still think that reds should have a fighting chance against even the most experienced blus.
In my experience, most blus lack the competency to not get backstabbed by some random spy coming from nowhere.

A suggestion on allowing the Jarate would have been more....feasible than making a whole plugin for this.

Reactions: thatpigeon
most blus dont check chat ; \

who needs mini crits when you have random crits

~change my mind

• Angry
Reactions: Vecomti
We also gonna forget the Fan O' War exists as well?

1647723658883.png

I know the polls is gonna end on March/24 but based on the poll itself, its a clear no. Nobody is gonna be bothered to code this and even if this was coded, Its more of a disadvantage to newer blue players.

Declined based on poll results, thank you for the suggestion anyways.
Moving on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread