Declined Jailbreak rule change (blues baiting) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guards who are within prisoner baiting range deserve to get hit, this allows prisoners a better advantage during the round and balances the power difference both teams have. This conflicts with the rule
If you have gained rebel status, you can never be pardoned.

There shouldn't be any reason for a blue to bait, so naturally a prisoner should hit a guard, minus the warden. The only issue this can cause, is during mini games where a prisoner within the game can punch above.
However this shouldn't be an issue, as the guard was still within prisoner melee range within a red side minigame, so the prisoner should be pardoned under the grounds of defending themselves from a baiting guard.
I propose we update that rule to If you have gained rebel status due to hitting a baiting guard within a red area or in melee distance, you are to be pardoned. All other methods of rebelling is not pardonable

If you disagree, please reply

As somebody who mains guard, i think this should not be added because of the reasons below:

Reason #1 Because if somebody baits accidentally, they are going to get shown no mercy by the reds, and i think that's just unfair for people who end up in a situation like that, and i am being honest, a lot of new guards do that accidentally, and trust me when i say this but this has happened a few times to me when i was a newer guard

Reason #2 Because baiting already has a way worse punishment if you do it repeatedly, it is being guardbanned and i think it's enough punishment for those who do it.

Things that i disagree with this suggestion:
"during minigames where a prisoner within the game can punch above. However, this shouldn't be an issue, as the guard was still within prisoner melee range within a red side minigame"

This will probably not be included because the blu was not inside the game, and it does not fit anything that would be considered baiting, so i believe this shouldn't be added with this suggestion.

Well, other than that, this was a decent suggestion but for me, this suggestion will probably be

Denied!

Well, guess i cannot say much more about this post that has been already said here so goodbye

• Haha
Reactions: The_Red_Chicken
In my opinion this rule adds a lot of confusion to the server, people arguing over if they were baiting and what is baiting actually. It's much more simple as "If you get rebel status you're kos, baiting is bannable." I also do feel like this make JB much more beginner friendly towards blue players. When I played on wonderland or other servers where this rule is implemented I was really confused. I do feel like this rule is one of the reason I remained on the community due to this simplicity.

For the sake of fairness I'll add a poll even though I have a hunch where this is leading. It's still a valid suggestion to make.

Reactions: Zee and Mark!
While this may seem like a good thing, I can also see it leading to a lot of bad things.
Say you have jumpy guards, who get hit and it leads to an accidental mfk or something?
Also it deletes the assurity of giving a non rebelled lr, because it would still show up in chat, and that would just make it harder to have to remember if they were just hitting a baiter

Really I wish we could add this without consequence, I miss hitting dumb blus :C

In my opinion this rule adds a lot of confusion to the server, people arguing over if they were baiting and what is baiting actually. It's much more simple as "If you get rebel status you're kos, baiting is bannable." I also do feel like this make JB much more beginner friendly towards blue players. When I played on wonderland or other servers where this rule is implemented I was really confused. I do feel like this rule is one of the reason I remained on the community due to this simplicity.
this brings up a reason i removed which was that there would be a grey area as to if it was baiting or force baiting, and it is a big issue if it happens, so yeah this is 100% going to get denied

• Haha
Reactions: The_Red_Chicken
Yeah, nah.

Unfortunately i think the rule stating that rebel status prisoners are ALWAYS kos eliminates a lot of grey area and I'm satisfied with how the rule currently stands.

You’ll get used to it, at least try it out before being dismissive of it lol.

Allowing REDs to hit baiters is something I just can’t see being implemented because of the rebel status that REDs gain when they hit a guard. It would cause too many grey areas to pop up. It’s not a bad idea in theory, but in reality there’s too many problems that come as a result for it to actually work.

As well, YanViktor makes a very valid point, one RED hitting a baiter has a very high chance of leading to a case of mob mentality and more often than not result in a swarm of REDs ganging up on the BLU that baited.

I've noticed that servers that do this actually ending up having more baiters, and it kind of ends up replacing the punishment of getting guardbanned. People are going to be encouraged to bait because they think this is just like every other server where they can get away with it without a guardban and just a scratch from the reds. Imo the "no baiting rule" actually being enforced is a perfect incentive to not get in the reds faces. Plus all the stuff that other people said about confusion with the rebel status. The hitting baiters thing really only works on servers that don't give an actual rebel status.

Old rule: if u gain rebel status, u get kill. But if this rule change passes, many old blu players might get confused cus rebel is a no no but they cant kill rebellers cus they hit the baiter, not kill, just like some actor once said "I wasnt punching you, I was hitting you", that's pretty weird for me.
ALSO, if a blu is baiting on purpose they shouldn't even be on blu team cus they clearly don't know what they can and cant do.
That's just what I think. :^)

Most of the arguments brought up here are still relevant. I'd give it a read (or reread for some) if you haven't

• Useful
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Both of these suggestions are tangentially related because they favor reds more. It turns jailbreak into more anarchy and prevents the actual game from being played. I hate to bring up another community but if you want to look at Blackwonder, (which you used to/still? play on) it has both of these enabled and it's a massively red focused server. A huge percentage of the rounds end with rebels killing all the blues, and if there are any less than 5-6 blues on, the reds will just completely overrun the guards every round. Part of jailbreak is the asymmetricality, and if you manage to rebel with no bhop and no baiting rules it's more of an accomplishment rather than a regularity which makes jailbreak more boring as a result. Play for a month or two and then come back and see if you'd still want these suggestions implemented.

Both of these suggestions are tangentially related because they favor reds more. It turns jailbreak into more anarchy and prevents the actual game from being played. I hate to bring up another community but if you want to look at Blackwonder, (which you used to/still? play on) it has both of these enabled and it's a massively red focused server. A huge percentage of the rounds end with rebels killing all the blues, and if there are any less than 5-6 blues on, the reds will just completely overrun the guards every round. Part of jailbreak is the asymmetricality, and if you manage to rebel with no bhop and no baiting rules it's more of an accomplishment rather than a regularity which makes jailbreak more boring as a result. Play for a month or two and then come back and see if you'd still want these suggestions implemented.
Fair point, but blues can rewarden after the previous warden dies on blackwonder, which helps the blue side hold on to some semblance of power.

1654121244551.png
Know poll is gonna end at the 11th of June but I don't think this suggestion is gonna pass. Sure, you may get some revenge from hitting the damn baiters but then this would cause confusion leading to arguments and I don't think the jb team wants more to deal with.

1654121366711.png

The suggestion is declined due to poll results.
Onward!

• Happy
  • Agree
Reactions: scootyman and baby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread