Declined Jailbreak: Crits is more of a crutch than a help? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyl3

Title says all, Crits seem to be more of a crutch than a help on the jailbreak server. I'm pretty sure a lot of people can agree with me too with that statement.

Now, I can suggest one of 3 "solutions" for this.
1. Change crits to mini crits
2. Remove crits ;)
3. Raise the red:blue ratio so there is more blues to deal with whatever "rebel" there is.

If I think about it. The removal of crits can stop many freekills.
Crockets won't vaporize anything within a 5 mile radius.
Flamethrowers won't do like 150 damage just in afterburn.
I feel like this would improve the jailbreak server a ton and should be atleast considered.
-Kyle

Crits are there to help 3 or 4 blue's vs a team of 18 ppl..... Can you imagine 7 ppl rebelling and the guards having to kill them without crits? By that time everything will be lost. Crits are a way to make things more fair and actually be able to deal with rebels that would otherways ruin every single minigames every time.

Crits are there to help 3 or 4 blue's vs a team of 18 ppl..... Can you imagine 7 ppl rebelling and the guards having to kill them without crits? By that time everything will be lost. Crits are a way to make things more fair and actually be able to deal with rebels that would otherways ruin every single minigames every time.
which is why making the ratio more blue friendly could be an option?

• Funny
Reactions: Satan
If its possible, it would be cool if it would work like this :
If there are less than 4 guards, kritz will be turned on.
If there are more than 4 guards, minikritz.

Dont really know if it would be configureable.

which is why making the ratio more blue friendly could be an option?
Sometimes there are already like up to 8-10 guards... don't see why we'd need more

I don't remember a time when there is 8-10 guards, 6-7 at most on a RARE occasion.
because 8-10 players don't necessarley want to join blue team, that's why it is so rare. We mor often see some 2 blue for 17 reds. we allready have a high ratio.

because 8-10 players don't necessarley want to join blue team, that's why it is so rare. We mor often see some 2 blue for 17 reds. we allready have a high ratio.
Fair enough I guess.

I guess that the best solution would be what Fluffy said, if crits really pisses off the players. Personally i don't mind the crits, makes it more challenging if you want to rebel. And as a blue i think it is best for the warden as sometimes guards aren't allways active so he is a bit safer and it helps with crowd control. We allready tried removing crits in the past and it didn't work well if i recall correctly.

Blue team with crits in JB is really common, I personally never saw a JB server with blue team without crits, probably because it would be too hard to do anything being a blue without a crit boost.
It is not true that is is impossible to kill blue if they have crits. I used to play on JB servers time ago, I was always doing the same, rebelling, and I had so much fun killing blue people with melee also because they had crits. I wanna say that rebelling and killing a couple of enemies as red is not hard, you just have to find the right way to do it :p
Turning off the crits for blue would help too much the red team, 18 red vs 4-6 blue without crits would change the game to "be blue and survive the round #challenge"

I remember a very long time back, like anywhere from 1 year to 1.5 years ago, I used to play on pbfortress jailbreak servers, and it had no crits. But that may have been different as it was a constantly packed with people and the ratios were looking like 2:1 with more reds and blues had speed boosts to compensate. Just a thought now that I think back to it. Well, I guess this jailbreak server doesn't exactly have the player base to be nearly full at all hours of the day. Although, I do actually like the idea of turning on crits when there is a limited number of guards, like under 3 or 4.

I agree with MrFluffy. Mini Critz if there are more than 4 blu, but if there is less, than crits for sure. And some times the ratio is like 3 blues with 17 then crits are soo good, it kinda balance the game. So overall if its possible to add crits with 4 or less blu, it would be amazing.

If its possible, it would be cool if it would work like this :
If there are less than 4 guards, kritz will be turned on.
If there are more than 4 guards, minikritz.

Dont really know if it would be configureable.
What if when there are more than 4 guards the warden gets Kritz and the guards minikritz

• Agree
Reactions: Kyl3
I don't think I need to add anything to this since almost every side of the case has been displayed but I do believe crits should stay. Just as several of you said, crits help a tremendous amount when there is a ratio of 2:17 on the blue side. Guards aren't always badass pro gamers or whatever. We need a bit of a crutch to keep order ;)

1. Change crits to mini crits
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

God, I agree with this. I played JB on panda for a while. I left within about a month because I was so sick of being one shotted by f2p's, no matter how hard or how good u are. Nothing is more annoying.

I used to be a regular warden on servers such as PB. I never found it difficult to be warden as long as some guards are available and actually playing the game mode it is very easy. Crits make decent wardens gods.

Reactions: Bugs
Since so many people dislike crits, could we maybe change it so that it scales with the guard/red ratio? if there are few blues and tons of reds, we could have crits, if there are a close number of blues/reds, we could have minicrits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread