Declined [GENERAL RULES] Music/Jukebox Users playing tunes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
most ppl dont dare to tell set person to stop cause they know the majority wil target him/her with toxic comments about not knowing about "music taste"
I just warn once and then mute if they want to be mad after to me let them be i dont see why this should still be thought about
VC is for talking rest is just unnecessary

thats just how i see it and prob most of the other admins/players

most ppl dont dare to tell set person to stop cause they know the majority wil target him/her with toxic comments about not knowing about "music taste"
I just warn once and then mute if they want to be mad after to me let them be i dont see why this should still be thought about
VC is for talking rest is just unnecessary

thats just how i see it and prob most of the other admins/players
Sorry I may be confusing you all, I'm not stuck to either side, and am not voting. I believe that this is extremely apparent on 2fort, and many players I have muted for micspam have immedeately gotten gagged for toxicity since they protest their mutes, along with this, In reaction other players will join in and also get muted. I cant imagine what a normal player would go through if they (without knowledge of reporting, or without an admin on) asked one of these spammers to stop, thus far many times it has been met with extreme toxicity, and even racism at times.

If I want to listen music, I have a nice playlist on Youtube. But TF2 also give you a lot of options, like mute player or voice_enable 0. My biggest problem with those guys who put music in a game is the terrible audio quality, it's a music that breaks eardrums, imo they are trying to being annoying on purpose, they should be gagged.

When it is something intentionally done to be hurtful loud or just plain offensive for offensive sake is a good point of reference; and for the players needed for it to be a mute more than 50% of the current vocal server populace is a fair standing point

What if they play good music with the intent to annoy those that don't want to hear any music? Situations like these aren't out of the question and would be a pain in the ass for us to deal with.

As for the amount I'd say more than 50% is really bad, I'd say if 1 or 2 people already complain then that's already a reason for them to stop. Otherwise 50% of the server would leave because of a micspammer.

This whole suggestion is just a really bad idea, it's going to stop people from having conversations/focusing on gameplay/from having fun since someones blaring unwanted music into their ears.

I wanted to highlight other TF2 communities rules on playing music via mircophone. I have made sure these communities have 2fort servers as well that are top ranking for 2fort:

• Music is not allowed on voice chat.
2.4 Spam of chat and mic is not allowed (What is considered Micspam is up to staff)
To note for UGC, they had a section for 'DJ rules' which I'm assuming was the right to play music on the server but they removed and instead replaced with 'What is considered Micspam is up to staff' . That is a guess however.

Chat & Mic Spam
Do NOT chat or mic spam. This can include: screaming, playing music, making random noises, reading stories out loud, prank calls, singing, holding down the talk button for an extensive amount of time, etc.

Also to note there has been an increase in new forum accounts to the forums and the poll vote is slowly turning to yes even though the feedback section to this suggestion is majority against the idea.
From what I know SleepingZombie(Ian) has been outreaching to US 2fort players. If those are just those wanting the rule to be removed I'm not sure.

From my experience going on the server, people on US 2fort do enjoy the music. To mute them they do get angry. However to note I have been on in the past when music was playing with a user attempting to use voice chat while the music was playing, they either got a 'shut up' or a 'I have muted *person talking on microphone*'. This was about last year however.

What if they play good music with the intent to annoy those that don't want to hear any music? Situations like these aren't out of the question and would be a pain in the ass for us to deal with.

As for the amount I'd say more than 50% is really bad, I'd say if 1 or 2 people already complain then that's already a reason for them to stop. Otherwise 50% of the server would leave because of a micspammer.

This whole suggestion is just a really bad idea, it's going to stop people from having conversations/focusing on gameplay/from having fun since someones blaring unwanted music into their ears.
I think that music should follow a similar rule to jailbreak as in not to overtalk people. I’m under the impression that for this to be successfully implemented at all that there still need to be restrictions placed on it to ensure actual conversations can happen. I know that 2fort is heavy on the conversation.

If you want to listen to music, just pull up something like youtube/spotify/soundcloud and listen to your own music? Majority of people don't want to hear it and when I used to play 2fort a vast majority of the music was borderline earrape due to it being extremely loud or a memey song. Zero reason to allow this tbh (and people would like to have convos without someone blaring music over the mic or having to mute people playing music)

The VOICE CHAT stands only For it's name, Neither less Nor More.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vecomti
Doesn't seem like a necessary change at all. It's a voice chat, not a Music software lol

• Disagree
Reactions: Vecomti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread