Declined [GENERAL RULES] Music/Jukebox Users playing tunes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it would be rather nice to allow people to play music for servers as long as it is not like earrape content like actual mic spammers do. Some people like to hear real new content from people instead of using the buggy old Radio plug in that plays like, the same 10 songs every 3 hours. As someone who literally just plays tunes for folks to just have in the background of their games so it ain't just dead air for most of discussion; it would be a real nice addition

Im assuming this is applying specifically to US 2fort, since thats where I saw you mentioning this.

Yes, 2fort and potential other non-JB or VSH since I do know those tend to be not a general good place for it

• Informative
Reactions: Ian
So basically since I have been playing a lot of 2fort recently, I have noticed a few things.
Since there have been no admins assigned, this rule has been ignored, and people just tend to mute the music player on their end. Every single time I have publicly asked a music player to stop, between 2-12 players seem to be sad that the music player is no longer allowed to play music.
Many 2fort players don’t care to use the forums as many speak of bad experiences with admins in the past, and many players typically do not trust moderators in general.
It is rare for players to calladmin on people who play non earrape music.
The majority of times players are asking the person who normally plays music to play specific songs, and it is almost a fun side thing to some people.
obviously players do not appreciate music while people are trying to have a conversation.
Admins aren’t supposed to client side mute people incase those people decide to break other rules on mic. The Mysic can probably get annoying to them.

I will grab some clips in game of some of the players reasonings, and how the server tends to react to these “music players” I think we should give them a week that this is allowed five or take some time, as an experiment and see what exactly the server populace responds with. I believe that this topic comes up so much, and all we do on the forums is sit and theorize on how we think the server will feel about it.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Cowboy and Zeprus
For me, if i wanted to hear music, i would rather just go on Youtube or Spotify and search out music i like and turn that on for myself rather than have some random person on the server blast me with random music that i could possibly not like/find annoying while playing the game.

While i understand that it could be fun for a few people u will still make atleast the rest of the server unhappy cause everyone has their own music taste.
Now some will say "just mute the music player then". The thing is, if we allow this. Make a complete new rule for it cause rn its dissallowed to play music per the rules, there will always be multiple people playing music which would make it annoying to mute them all and pretty much cause chaos.

So my facit out of this is that it would be too much of a pain to allow music on the server.
Just go listen to music on ur own and dont annoy other people with it.

this was talked about before and mostly it was in favor of not allowing it because ppl would abuse the hell out of it.
If you want to listen to music its fine but dont spam it for others who just want to enjoy the game

I wouldn't like to see this happen at all, even now people in 2fort whine at me for muting their "gaben tf2 remix song" because "some" people liked it.

Just listen to music in private and if you want to share it with people you can do so by giving them a spotify/youtube link so they can also listen to it in private.

Either way, I’m going to gather any 2fort regs that are for this cause and encourage them to vote/create forum accounts. They have been very vocal in server for this.

Reactions: Aerial
I think that it would be rather nice to allow people to play music for servers as long as it is not like earrape content like actual mic spammers do. Some people like to hear real new content from people instead of using the buggy old Radio plug in that plays like, the same 10 songs every 3 hours. As someone who literally just plays tunes for folks to just have in the background of their games so it ain't just dead air for most of discussion; it would be a real nice addition
I find that REALLY Annoying, some random player joining and blasting songs that i do not like makes me lose focus and muting them every time i join is annoying (this also includes annoying soundboards)

Reactions: Aerial and Ian
Voicechat for voice - all else is micspam. A clear-cut rule that sets expectations with little to no room for misinterpretation. It's easy for us admins to work with and everyone get's treated fairly. Not worth surrendering that for the sake of being allowed to blast music into everyone's ears.

Keep it simple I think.

Discord music bots, Watch2Gether, Spotify and many more that I am not aware of. Yet people still choose to play songs on a public TF2 server.
There are people who need to focus and/or hear any eventual footsteps/gunshots/sentries that may be covered too by music.

I wouldn't like to see this happen at all, even now people in 2fort whine at me for muting their "gaben tf2 remix song" because "some" people liked it.

Just listen to music in private and if you want to share it with people you can do so by giving them a spotify/youtube link so they can also listen to it in private.
This also pretty much sums up why I never allowed and never will allow music in voice chat.

>Hive365 is now playing S3RL - Hentai
> !choon

But yeah you are better off just listening to spotify instead of taking the risk of pissing some people off

Another thing I find problematic with this is when do you decide when the quality is bad enough to mute for it without being biased or what number of players must like the micspam before a mute isn't warranted?

Another thing I find problematic with this is when do you decide when the quality is bad enough to mute for it without being biased or what number of players must like the micspam before a mute isn't warranted?
When it is something intentionally done to be hurtful loud or just plain offensive for offensive sake is a good point of reference; and for the players needed for it to be a mute more than 50% of the current vocal server populace is a fair standing point

• Disagree
Reactions: Flynt
Personally i think it should just be kept to players and admins discretion.

>nobody complains about the music/asks the person to stop = It should be allowed/Admin doesnt have to get involved.

>People complain about the music and asks the person to stop = Shouldnt be allowed/player should be muted if they dont stop

• Indifferent
Reactions: _Black
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread