FF2: Remove MLG Sniper - My ears are bleeding (1 Viewer)

Do you want the MLG Sniper boss removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laptop speakers or headsets shouldn't matter, it may be down to your own volume settings as I have never had a problem wih any bosses sounds, The only time I really turn anything down is when I've upped my volume do to listening to music before I play a game, and 2 other people may disagree, I can agree to one of them maybe having a point more valid than yours, And Physical discomfort, we are not responsible for, if you experience pain we are not the ones to make it better, that is down to you.

I mean you could start by altering your own volume settings, as other players simply say its annoying, if you are experienceing actual pain I think you need to turn your volume down.
Then go and see a doctor, we can not provide any pain relief as we are not your doctor, not hold any responsibility for your health.

Having used both I find there isn't, well, simply sounding clearer due to the sound being fed directly into the ears, but I have never experienced physical pain, No matter how loud I have my settings.

Ah, so you guys really don't understand. It does make a difference, a very big difference.
I'm using my Scarlett Studio HP60 headset with it's built in limiter so I don't have a problem with the sounds like you claim people who don't have a problem seem that have poor headsets.
Perhaps the people that disagree aren't using good headsets.
and when played through my speakers/professional standard studio monitors (can't recall the name right now but when I'm home I can put them in, should you be interested in my poor quality setup), I again don't have that problem, so claiming people who disagree to not have good quality sound system is, imo, pathetic.

This is not me showing off (well it is to an extent) but I'm trying to get across the point that people can disagree and still have a decent headset quality.

Ah, so you guys really don't understand. It does make a difference, a very big difference.
For crying out loud, use earplugs if it's causing this much pain for you.

To Narrow it down, your points are massivly Bias, Majority here wishes to keep the boss, and you fail to respect what people want, like a child sent to bed early you keep fighting all the points we are making, even when we try and help you (Reccomending you lower your own volume) you still try and make another point to seem on top, Charlie please, just stop, before I lose all respect for you.

"Anyway, I'm happy for the sound files to altered."

But you guys would rather keep throwing out insults. EvoWarrior has already expressed his discontent for the behaviour of administrators in this thread.

"Dumb"
"Ignorant"
"Pathetic"
"like a child"

I would politely remind you:
-Do not flame or provoke
-Be nice and polite
-Remain on topic (so let's not digress into personal insults)
-Think before posting

Administrators shouldn't be breaking forum rules.

@mermite
That was speculation. Hence the use of the word perhaps. With your setup, you can therefore appreciate that there is most definitely a difference between using headphones and speakers; so I ask why did you feel the need to rebut my statement made to Broski, who claimed no difference?

Let's go full circle.

So I've listened to the audio files on a Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro modded to 350 OHMs ran through an external DAC and hooked to an Asus Xonar STX on various audio profiles and I can confirm that the higher the bitrate one chooses, the more annoying the sounds actually get.

This also concludes that headphone users not experiencing these issues when running their cans at normal volume use either a low quality pair of headphones or a low quality driver.

Testing the same on Apple Earbuds and a surround sound system I did not experience any discomfort, as the speakers filled the room and thus the noise did not rape my ears at a direct impact and the Earbuds had too low of a sound quality to pick up the annoying notes.

I do think this is a valid complain for anyone not running a cheap headset and no, lowering the volume should not be an acceptable solution. We should simply tone down the audiofiles.

Obviously You missed a simple comparison, Seriously charlie, If I wanted to I could Provoke you, What I have said is nothing compared to what I could say, so before you start calling people out why dont you look at this thread, and see the amount of people who have disagree'd with you, no matter what novel you can write aginst this thread it is certain majority do not agree with you, so therefore, you take this, and you go about your day, because this is geting you nowhere.

@mermite
That was speculation. Hence the use of the word perhaps. With your setup, you can therefore appreciate that there is most definitely a difference between using headphones and speakers; so I ask why did you feel the need to rebut my statement made to Broski, who claimed no difference?

Let's go full circle.
I felt it needed addressing but if you were just assuming rather than flat out offending other users then there is no problem. I in now way agree with Broski in that speakers and headsets are the same, when it comes to a decent set up. Sometimes speakers and headsets can be exactly the same, after all, headsets are just speakers setup on the side of your head and so players with a speaker setup with a similar sound levels to having headsets shouldn't have a huge problem, but as you said this is becoming more off-topic.

Removal of the boss is highly unlikely due to the poll being 3:for and 18:against his removal, so can we get someone to edit these sound files so we can close this damn thread.

*cue every audio engineer in the wold laughing right now*
To an extent they are, but it's beside the point.

Is Kevin the only one who can implement the edited files? Cause as soon as I'm home I can get on it and get them to him

To an extent they are, but it's beside the point.

Is Kevin the only one who can implement the edited files?
No they aren't even remotely related because you are comparing direct sound to bounced sound with room distortion.

Yes.

Just to eliminate that you think this only effects headset users you are wrong. It's equally loud with speakers if not worse; however because I know others enjoy the boss I don't speak out, I let others enjoy the boss because I'm the minority and dont want to ruin others fun. So, as a result I just press the little 'mute' button my keyboard until the boss finishes. I suggest you do the same instead of complaining as the minority.

• Agree
Reactions: Broski
Just to eliminate that you think this only effects headset users you are wrong. It's equally loud with speakers if not worse; however because I know others enjoy the boss I don't speak out, I let others enjoy the boss because I'm the minority and dont want to ruin others fun. So, as a result I just press the little 'mute' button my keyboard until the boss finishes. I suggest you do the same instead of complaining as the minority.
I'll remind you all of that next time something goes wrong. "I won't fix this because in my opinion you are the minority. I will link you all to some hacky chinese chrome fork that you should now use because the site is broken on any other browser."

Like holy shit the solution has been talked about 3 times now and yet people think they need to be edgy and repeat the same bullshit 50 times.

But you guys would rather keep throwing out insults. EvoWarrior has already expressed his discontent for the behaviour of administrators in this thread.
We should simply tone down the audiofiles.

I could quote on forever.

• Winner
Reactions: Vecomti
I'll just be closing this now. Only other post I want to see here is "the sound files have been altered".

mermite: I have edited all the aduio files alongsdie the .config file so that it reads the new audio files, just waiting on Kevin to reply to my messages.

Reactions: mermite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread