FF2: Remove MLG Sniper - My ears are bleeding (1 Viewer)

Do you want the MLG Sniper boss removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*whispers*

That Physical Pain?

You can get rid of it by turning down your speakers.

No I mean in general to you guys, if poor sound or audio doesn't substantiate a boss as a problem, then what makes a boss a problem? For me, any part of a game that causes physical harm - whether it's insane strobing, poor audio, or a trigger to push spikes through your keyboard - is bad, without even taking into consideration how it plays.
You have got a lot of tips and suggestions on how to fix this "problem" for you and others, I think it's time for you to take them into consideration before telling us the same things we already know about again and again.

What makes a boss a problem? Well, see what I wrote about MLG sniper, that's pretty much everything. And of course if the boss isn't working properly, that would be a problem as well. Another thing we can do to make MLG sniper a bit more comfortable to play (against), is that someone (not me, I have no computer available at the moment) open the sounds in Audacity, or any similar program, and make it less louder. When that's done, maybe we can remove his second life and buff his health pool instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas
I give up trying to tell him...
Well, I would appreciate it if you'd stop posting condescending or otherwise irrelevant comments then.

@Ka
So, you're effectively asking for a different boss, with a quietened sound track?

And I feel the need to spell these things out. I'm having trouble with people being rude. Especially administrators.

Well, I would appreciate it if you'd stop posting condescending or otherwise irrelevant comments then.

@Ka
So, you're effectively asking for a different boss, with a quietened sound track?

And I feel the need to spell these things out. I'm having trouble with people being rude. Especially administrators.
I would appreciate if you didnt repeat yourself 5 TIMES

Turn your speakers down.

End of.

I'm done.

If you have headphones and problem with the sounds, turn down the volume of the game atleast about 4 bars (if you have it maxed out). Since you have like 10 seconds setup time, which is meant to configure both in-game settings and actions. Anyways, I vote no to remove the boss.

TrollFaceDancing.gif%7Ec200

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
@Ka

How is that making MLG sniper into a new boss? Just by removing his second life and lowering his voicelines? I would see it as an improvement.

There is nothing more to argue about in my opinion, and I think we all agree on that. If you don't want to turn your volume down or turn your sound off completely, just leave the server when MLG sniper is the current boss. Poof, problem solved. Stop being so ignorant and please follow the advices you've got, the majority don't want MLG sniper to get removed just because of this.

• Winner
If you have headphones and problem with the sounds, turn down the volume of the game atleast about 4 bars (if you have it maxed out). Since you have like 10 seconds setup time, which is meant to configure both in-game settings and actions. Anyways, I vote no to remove the boss.

I agree, the first 10 seconds is plenty of time to turn down your volume and/or type in "/ff2music" "/ff2monologue"

But yeah, let us let the poll decide MLG Sniper's fate so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
We should just lower the volume on his audiofiles if it is such an issue.

• Winner
Is this really what a simple discussion about a boss and its loud noises has to turn into? I'm especially disappointed with Random and Lukas. If you feel the urge to post some bullshit, uncalled for meme in a genuine thread; or downright calling a person dumb, then please keep that stuff to yourself. It should be easy to keep the thread clean of this kind of stuff.

As far as turning down one's sound goes, I would have to tab out and lower my TF2 volume via the mixer in order to keep Mumble louder than the game; otherwise communication would become problematic during MLG Sniper rounds. That would take me a bit longer than those 5 seconds setup time to do. So for me it is somewhat of an issue. No, /ff2music does not help, as he still has extremely loud on-kill voices. Looking at the vote I doubt that saying that would make much of a difference, though.

I would be all for having the volume of his files lowered.

Is this really what a simple discussion about a boss and its loud noises has to turn into? I'm especially disappointed with Random and Lukas. If you feel the urge to post some bullshit, uncalled for meme in a genuine thread; or downright calling a person dumb, then please keep that stuff to yourself. It should be easy to keep the thread clean of this kind of stuff.

As far as turning down one's sound goes, I would have to tab out and lower my TF2 volume via the mixer in order to keep Mumble louder than the game; otherwise communication would become problematic during MLG Sniper rounds. That would take me a bit longer than those 5 seconds setup time to do. So for me it is somewhat of an issue. No, /ff2music does not help, as he still has extremely loud on-kill voices. Looking at the vote I doubt that saying that would make much of a difference, though.

I would be all for having the volume of his files lowered.
I'm not coding mastermind, but I believe that its not so simple. We would have to rename all the files (the ones we take and turn down) and then get MLG Sniper to read those as originally intended. Unless you get every player who ever joined FF2 to remove the MLG sniper folder from their directory and then we add the base files back as the edits.

Also "No, /ff2music does not help, as he still has extremely loud on-kill voices." can be turned off, as I have previously stated, via /ff2monolouge, it's literally 20 characters to turn off the music, which can be easily done in the first 10 seconds of the match.

Also "No, /ff2music does not help, as he still has extremely loud on-kill voices." can be turned off, as I have previously stated, via /ff2monolouge, it's literally 20 characters to turn off the music, which can be easily done in the first 10 seconds of the match.

Somehow I forgot about that while making my post. It's still a pain to type in those two commands in 5 seconds though - yes, five, on average I wouldn't realise I have to do it before the setup hits the 5 second mark.

I would appreciate if you didnt repeat yourself 5 TIMES
If I could, I would vote this dumb until I got tired of it.
Joe, what have you been doing in this thread? Repeating the same thing five fucking times while saying nothing else.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: inu and Kah
I'm not coding mastermind, but I believe that its not so simple. We would have to rename all the files (the ones we take and turn down) and then get MLG Sniper to read those as originally intended. Unless you get every player who ever joined FF2 to remove the MLG sniper folder from their directory and then we add the base files back as the edits.

Can be done and it is not hard at all

Can be done and it is not hard at all
In which case lets get it sorted, but I don't think any changes are needed to the boss as I haven't seen many complain about him and I certainly haven't seen anyone leave because of one round of mlg sniper.

But that doesn't mean I haven't seen complaints about it, because I have, but not as many as I originally thought I would when we added the boss.

My response is this one, MLG Sniper is a much loved Boss, and we have measures set in place for if a player does not like the music or sounds made by said Boss, Mermite has explained in detail how you can help yourself, you are the only person to speak against the boss, as many people in the server have made comments about the music, to which we have given them the commands to turn off the sounds to which they continue playing happily, a further point is in my Opinion, due to your inactivity your point is invalid, I respect the fact you made it, but its similar to not drinking your favorite beverage for a while buying it again and complaining because they have altered the taste, yet without background research finding out everyone else loves the change.

You can not expect to return thinking everyone will just agree with you, we've had MLG Sniper for a while now and the boss is loved by everyone until now, I disagree with the post, You reference mic spamming rules, though a legitimate point since it is a boss making the music and sounds it does not qualify, you can reply with whatever you want to say, as is evident in the comments you've made no one can seem to make a point without you shooting it down.

I will make my point here, The servers popularity has not been altered in anyway since the addition, no one has complained about the boss (Excluding you) everyone Enjoys the boss (Excluding you) I don't think anything will be changed just to satisfy the needs of one person.

To conclude, please make sure your point is strong and firm before making it, and I would have put more value in it if it came from a regular member, It is nice to see you return but if you are going to make posts like this I would reccomend shying away from it as the community have tried and tested the boss, and as far as we know, Its Great, and Its staying.

• Winner
Reactions: mermite
"but its similar to not drinking your favorite beverage for a while buying it again and complaining"
It's like complaining someone pissed in your coke. Nobody should have to even consider there might be piss in the coke.

"you are the only person to speak against the boss, as many people in the server have made comments about the music"
I'm evidently not the only person that has a problem with the volume. Two others agree. Perhaps the people that disagree aren't using good headsets. Perhaps they're using laptop speakers. I've got no way of knowing, but maybe they aren't put in a situation where they experience physical pain thanks to the boss.

"due to your inactivity your point is invalid"
Poor reason to be dismissive of feedback.

"You can not expect to return thinking everyone will just agree with you"
At which point is that pertinent?

"To conclude, please make sure your point is strong and firm"
Physical discomfort is about as strong as a point gets when it comes to games.

"It is nice to see you return"
That's funny, because that's not the impression I get.

Anyway, I'm happy for the sound files to altered. I didn't suggest that initially because I felt like it was more work than it was worth to keep one of over 20 bosses. I'm also aware there are other fixes necessary that need to take priority. I'm not complaining about the content of the sound tracks, just the volume. You say I'm not a regular, but in 2 and a half hours I saw that boss come up at least 6 times, quite possibly more. It's not like it's coming up once an hour.

You say I'm not a regular, but in 2 and a half hours I saw that boss come up at least 6 times, quite possibly more. It's not like it's coming up once an hour.

I am a regular, in-fact I practically don't leave the server (unless university calls), but he doesn't come up as often as that usually, perhaps the players who were the boss chose him because they like playing as him or it was just a random case of "he appears more than normal because reasons."

But if one does not chose a boss, it will randomly select it for you so his multiple appearances either meant you were unlucky to have seen him that many times or it was just chance. He doesn't appear any more than Team Killer or Ninja Spy.

I feel I need to state that, this is not me knocking your point down, it just me saying what I have experienced whilst playing the game-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread